If your K/D was under 1:1. Would you quit PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JasonVoorhees, Jan 10, 2014.

1. JasonVoorhees

If your connection was sub par and your k/d was not even 1:1.

Would you quit?
  2. Nocturn0l

How would people get K/D's above 1, if people with below 1 would quit? So no, please stay for all the farmers to farm you!
    • Up x 5
  3. Borusa

If my connection had a toll on my performance, I'd quit most online games (except maybe turn based or something slow).

If it's not about connection only, it would really depend whether I'm having fun or not. For example during the beta I did quit, because I was terrible at FPS games (in fact I don't think I ever played one before). So for the whole beta I had like 0.25 k/d, didn't know what was going on and ended up trying to support people with medic...
    Then a friend of mine made me try it again a few months ago (this time with some FPS experience too, nothing major just the basics), now I can pull a 2+ k/d on most of my characters without camping vehicles and I can tell you it's a lot more fun this way.
    • Up x 1
  4. f0d

definitely not
    kill ratios or any statistical numbers have absolutely nothing to do with how much fun you can have in a game

i wouldnt play any different or have and less/more fun if my k/d was 0.0001/1 or 500/1 it means nothing

if you are having fun and are getting under 1:1 ratios it just shouldn't matter because you are still having fun

honestly they should just remove the stat
    • Up x 15
  5. vsae

I would l2p.
    • Up x 12
  6. Paperlamp

Yes.

Many will tell you the right answer is no, you should just try to have fun, maybe play support, etc. and KD is meaningless, but being completely honest I'd just quit since I don't have fun in FPS games unless I'm doing considerably more killing than dying.

That said, you can't expect to start a new game and do very well when you don't understand the weapon mechanics, map designs, various ways of making the most of each class and which to pull in what situations, etc. etc. So that's yes if it was say, a few months in and I was still doing poorly.

Connection issues though, doesn't seem fun to deal with for any multiplayer game regardless of how it impacts your success.
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

Can't imagine myself being worse than average.
    • Up x 2
  8. JasonVoorhees

What if after several months you are under 1:1..not new?
  9. Xasapis

Depends. If the situation was completely one sided, I probably would.
    • Up x 1
  10. Archiadus

I'd quit instantly, I couldn't care less about my k/d but if my connection was terrible I'd do the right thing and just leave the game because if there's one thing that I hate it's players with bad connections that refuse to quit.

All them teleporting liberators, blergh :mad: .
    • Up x 3
  11. JasonVoorhees

How can you tell if you have a bad connection for sure?
  12. Alarox

I already play at ~20FPS. The same tactics I've learned to use to compensate also work with high ping.

Although, think of it this way. Besides suicide and team killing, for every 2.0k/d there's someone with a 0.5k/d.

Also, keep in mind that playing dedicated "normal" infantry, no MAX or sniping, usually means a low k/d unless you play it safe. Someone has to be the fodder.
    • Up x 3
  13. Flukeman62

I have been here since beta. Still on a kdr of 0.65.
    • Up x 12
  14. LonelyTerran

I really should of quit ages ago.
    Managed to bump my fps to 10-15 a few months ago.
    slight improvement over 5-7
    Everything is so goddamn choppy
  15. Paperlamp

Then yes.

I'm not you though. If it doesn't bother you personally, well no reason to quit, but if it does bother you nothing wrong with quitting, FPS games aren't for everyone.
  16. Alarox

Wow. I commend you. Playing with 15FPS is bad enough, but <10? Truly commendable. Almost masochistic though.
    • Up x 6
  17. TheMightyRed

I get upset if I die 2 or more times in a row in almost any shooter including planetside. If I died more than I kill then I might try some other play styles, flying for example, maybe tanking. If even that didnt work and all playstyles know to planetside got me a negative kdr then I might look at a different genre of games (probably RPGs).
  18. Calador

Now that you dont get a death count when you are revived. Its totally possible to get a good K/D ratio even if you die more often than you kill someone
  19. Camycamera

no.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hibiki54

I was once a sub 1:1 K/D until they nerfed HE and lolpods.
    • Up x 1