I DEMAND you fix cloak on low settings!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptainAmeda, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Nexus545

Then play with a horrible brightness during the day? Maybe I should change my settings every time the day/night cycle changes? No thanks I'll stick to the OP very low settings.
  2. Goden

I can see fine during night and day with my current brightness settings but w/e man
  3. CaptainAmeda

high brightness on certain places on indar will sunburn your eyes, I'm serious. It becomes a whitish-orangish haze.
    • Up x 1
  4. Saval

There was a time not too long ago where people using low graphic settings could very easily see cloaked infiltrators. These people could also clearly see through smoke grenades. This was considered unfair and was fixed.

If you're using low graphic settings to obtain an unfair advantage over people in game, then I don't think it should be fixed. If you're using them because you have no other choice and infiltrators are 100% invisible to you while cloaked then perhaps it needs to be tweaked a bit.
    • Up x 1
  5. deggy

Hint: Putting DEMANDS in your thread title reduces the probability of any developer responding to the thread by 120%.
    • Up x 4
  6. Gnomemercy

Oh yes let's go back to the old settings where Infiltraitors are white ghosts running around on the screen on low settings, the change was a good one. I play between 70-120 fps and no problem spotting cloaked people with the settings I use, I suggest messing around with them a bit more till you find a balance. I much prefer how things are now that a few months ago.
  7. Boomotang

Depending on the effects and shaders being used on high settings, that isn't possible.
  8. CaptainAmeda

that does not mean the same graphic fidelity, just a color opacity between the now and before.
  9. Boomotang

People who play on low settings for an advantage. = Who cares about you blokes. Haha.... "professionals".... o_O

People who are forced to play on low settings because of their system specs. = Yeah, sucks a bit, and should be tweaked to be as close as possible. But you can't have everything. I had to use low settings for a while too before I upgraded. But that's just part of PC gaming.
    • Up x 2
  10. Kyouki

Also fix the IRNV scope on medium graphic quality. It makes the scope unusable and smoke really annoying. Only reason I play on medium though is because infils are invisible on Low and there are more infils than smokers.
    • Up x 1
  11. Boomotang

A cloak effect is more than just opacity levels.
    • Up x 1
  12. Astealoth

I've tweeted Higby several times personally asking him to look into changing the cloak to be the same effect on all detail levels. It is one of the remaining major issues with the game that's been around for a long time. I have a machine capable of running the game in max detail with render quality turned up to 120, but I prefer to play in low because the game looks so much less busy. I started seriously gaming in the Doom II / Quake 1 era, so lower detail levels feel more natural to me. It was fine back when infil cloaks actually showed up a little bit in low, but since they changed them to be 100% invisible in low at a full sprint it's not been very fun.
  13. CaptainAmeda

Apparently not on low. low has no reflections, refraction, etc on the cloak, far as I can tell, low cloak is just a nearly transparent color. I'd like it to be the same across all settings, but this may not be exactly possible, the least they should do is the best they can, but their not. At the moment, it's nowhere close to mediums cloak. To me, it's pretty much invisible.
  14. CaptainAmeda

I started to play around that time too. I agree 100% low makes the game look less busy, and it helps me see things I'm looking for.
    if you can run it at 120% render, do it, but stay on low, it will clear the games look up even more.
  15. Boomotang

Seems like you run low for the competitive advantage. I have no sympathy for that play style.
    • Up x 1
  16. CaptainAmeda

Did you just get here SON? Of coarse I play on low for that reason! But me, being as good as I can, decided to lay down my greed and step up for the lil guy with the bad hardware who truly suffers. For my efforts, who's to say I shouldn't get to bask in the benefit?

Who's to say I'm at fault for abusing the game as it was made? I don't answer to you! This is the way it is SON!
  17. Astriania

If you're playing on low because it makes things easier to see then it needs to be made more difficult to see things, in line with the other settings ... and, sure, in this one specific case maybe slightly easier, but if you're choosing to play on low settings because it gives you an advantage, asking for a further advantage to low settings is not right.
    • Up x 1
  18. Boomotang

"Demands" are ignored. As they should be. That's the way it is. ;)

Developers make games to be played on their high settings. Low settings are there to make the game more accessible, not to give advantages, even if they do give advantages due to less busy scenes. If you CHOOSE to play low instead of high, you can bet it's your fault.

Haha! "Pro Gamers" What a joke....:p
    • Up x 1
  19. Rigs

WTF is this argument? That's like saying a man is cheating at a marathon by NOT BEING MORBIDLY OBESE.

Just because idiots like to stand around looking at fancy graphics doesn't mean I should too.
    • Up x 8
  20. CaptainAmeda

SEE HE, GETS IT! That argument sucks.

you may say-eheheh I'm a dreamer! But I'm not the only one