2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stew360

For god sake maggy , the marketing team at SOE simply dont want to understand .... the thing thats all the members i know dislike was this (( Having to be forced to pick and spend our SC each months )

Now with this change it simply get even worst than your previous statement , I would prefer to be able to get any item worth up to 2000 SC , but i dislike been forced to spend it no matter what

And now the marketing make it WORST

well have 500 SC but we wont be able to stack it for 2 months so we can buy X or Y item we want at 1000 SC

Its another slap in the face if you ask me

I will sadly unsubscribe as soon as my current subs end up , sorry but i cant do otherwise it really make me think SOE think we are idiots .. I like you maggy and all but these Membership changes are simply god awefull and i cant suport that no longer
  2. Stew360

I think you understand it wrong

They will still force you to claim your 500 sc monthly , so basically the value we got get even worst , youll be forced to claim it and youll have less value into the thing youll buy .... so basically you already pay 12 months and if you dont spend your token each months and dont play the game for X and Y reason you get absolutly no return from your investement

'' The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly ''

3. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

You are misreading what is being said. You do need to log in and claim the 500 sc bonus. But after that, it says in your SC wallet/bank. AND IT DOES STACK! so you do NOT have to spend it within a limited time, you DO NOT lose it if you don't spend it. This is giving you the 500 SC to spend how ever you want.
  4. Piestro Community Relations

You can still stack the 500sc each month as long as you claim it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Imperius146

I hope I get a few players who agree with me on this one, but.

Look OP/Admin/Guy who makes the rules...

Here's the thing. Yes, we see your points about those who accrue SC and wait for sales and such. What we do not see nor care about ,is that it causes you a problem. Who fricking cares what problem it causes. It affects your bottom line. Credit not spent, is still credit you have to worry about. YOU were the ones who offered 500sc per month for a bonus, so YOU deal with it.

You are correct though, your listening. BUT YOUR NOT LEARNING.

Were paying for the membership, and we expect the convenience of the 500 sc deposited monthly into our accounts. So here is a wild fricking idea. CALLED REASON!

1. Eliminate the players studios items from the thing, make it so you cannot buy them with the free sc.

2. increase the sc given per month. 1000-2000.

3. increase membership amount by 1-2 dollars max to compensate if needed

4. Stop being so damned greedy. Do you people even count how much money you get from sc purchases. I've literally spent about 60 bucks during the Christmas season for all the sales. I would have bought more, but you didn't do the 2x/3x sc sale this year. cheapscates!

So look, here's the bottom line. Your going to punish US for your hard time? making us have to CLAIM our RIGHTFULL reward we've been promised.

Your not being gracious, your solving your own problems, instead of addressing ours.

Thank you though for being forward with the community, listening to us. I'm not a total nay-sayer, but this is pissing me off. If you people **** with one more thing, I swear to god almighty I am leaving PS2.
  6. Tinuva

:)

Thanks Piestro.

I have to say, even though I feel the originally proposed model was better (with the inclusion of Player Studio and perhaps bundles), your response to the community has been incredible. I have so much faith in a company who can adjust so quickly to popular demand.

Good work because I love this game.

Tinuva450
  7. Stew360

This is the actual problems , some of my friends as been subs for a years or so and havent played the game for few moths and then they have come back , they have prepaid for all this and they should at least have their 500 sc per months back into their account as a compensation because basically they havent get any 50 % XP since they havent played , some others have paid monthly and have forgot to cancel the membership those peoples at least with the current systhem they get 50 % worth of SC back to them

there was absolutly 0 problems with the current systhem and basically the new one is even worst than the ITEM Token systhem

At least the token systhem might have been good if all players studios items was in there and also if each token stack each months if we dont feel to buy something the last months

But no once agains this is totally disrespectfull of your loyal members ...
    • Up x 1
  8. Blaze81

wait a moment, where did this come from:

I understood that it was yours once it was claimed, forever, without any time limit. Can someone confirm?
  9. icor1031

I don't remember who said that a sure thing is always better than the unknown, so I also gave an example: one to prove that as not always true.

And I did not like the old offer, because I read on the forum that it would 'not' include player studio items.
    In which case, nearly all items cost 700 SC, which is 350 SC on sale.

So then, it you can buy 1 item immediately and have nothing left (single item up to 2k)..
    Or, you can buy 1 item on a delay (wait for a sale), and have 150 SC remaining.

I almost always buy stuff on sale, so I wanted the latter.

If it includes studio items, I may prefer it. But, it's not fair to the designers.

10. Jeslis

Heyas Piestro, One thing Im kinda confused about here.

Can I install several SOE games (Say everquest 1 and 2? not sure which use SC).. then, login to PS2, claim my 500SC, login to Everquest2, Claim my 500SC, login to everquest1.. claim my 500SC.. and then go back to planetside2 with 1500sc?
  11. icor1031

We wish!

• Up x 1
  12. Desirsar

If they don't solve their problem, the games close and it becomes everyone's problem. The only thing they did wrong was a poorly thought out change and tried to spin it as a benefit to the subscribers when it clearly was not. They listened to the customers, found a compromise that fixes their problem and impacts their customers the least (benefiting many in the process), I'd say they're doing as much as they can for us. The only thing that needs to be "learned" is how not to cause this mess in the first place.

Until you pointed this out, it probably would have been implemented that way as an oversight. Now it will assuredly be once per account across all games. :)
    • Up x 1
  13. Arod

[SUPPORT FOR PLANETSIDE TEAM INTENSIFIES]

This is a really good compromise. I was in the process of cancelling my subscription (due for renewal in 2015, I know... money to burn etc.) but this might just make me cancel that outstanding ticket I have.

I hear, like most, a mixture of bad and good things about companies. SOE has had its fair share of 'bads' for a number of years but recently my faith is starting to be restored.

Good to see everyone is embracing the moving times and shifting consumer focus when it comes to online games/spending money/being treated like a consumer that is to precious to lose.

Keep up the good work and I hope the New Year is kind to the PS2 crew, you lot deserve it after the hard work you've put in over the last few years. Not to mention the comrades lost through down-sizing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kalendric

It's true that I have to claim it monthly which is an additional inconvenience, but next to access to every other MMO SOE does, this is, in my view a net gain. I don't expect to have many months when I don't play at all and don't claim. If it comes to that I'll simply unsub.
  15. New Conglawesomeness

I'm definitely glad that the developers of Planetside 2 actually listen to their customers, and they earn respect from me for that, and I'm also okay with this revert back to the regular monthly benefit, but I was actually quite excited about the choice to pick anything up to 2000 SC monthly. I don't understand why people found it to be so horrible that they managed to get the developers to switch it back. If anything, the 2000 SC plan was better than the 500 SC monthly. What are you gonna get with 500 SC? A single camo pack? Some cheap underlights? A cheap ornament? You'd have to wait a whole other month to get anything worth while with that benefit. What can you get with the 2000 SC plan for each month? Any GOLD gun of your choice, or any other gun of your choice, GOLD add-ons to your vehicles, composite armor, any lumifiber of your choice, etc. There are so many things to choose from. If you want to get two things worth 750 SC, you only need 2 months of this bonus rather than 3 months of the 500 SC bonus. Honestly, I don't understand the mindset of some of these people. It really only requires a tiny bit of thinking to see the HUGE benefit behind this small tweak of the membership plan.
  16. S7rudL

I wonder, do EU customers pay for the taxes included?

Since,
    5$ = 3.67€ 500SC at US SOE
    4.99€ = 6.79$ 500SC at EU PSG

So, if I payed for the taxes, why would PSG care what I do with the SC. From what I read they don't even track which items have been sold how many times.

Maybe it would be better if the SOE customer would pay for the taxes themselves and keep the SC hoarding or what ever the customer wants to do. :confused:
  17. AssaultPig

It seems like the only purpose of this change is to give members a way to accidentally not receive their monthly stipend.

That being said it doesn't seem like a particularly big deal if you're logging in to play the game anyway; if you aren't interested enough to log in and play once a month, why are you a member in the first place?
  18. Stew360

Also my recomendation was more like keeping the token items (2000SC) and make it so we can stack our item token each months if we did not like any items the only problem i had with the token systhem was basically not been able to stack the token over months so if you do not spend it you loose it , and the player studios items restrictions

the new sythem is still worst than the token systhem and since you have to claim it each months it remain a inconvenience for paying members wich is truely a bad moove in my book

But I could live with it if we wouldnt have to ( CLAIM ) our SC each months , also 10 % if like nothing to me most items cost around 500 to 700 to 1000 SC , ill get an item at 900 SC is this a big deal ? i would have to stack up those few extra SC for months to get a single item worth of SC that way so i wont be so happy

Also i do not care this muhc about the non planetside 2 related game Everquest landmark seams pretty cool , but i wont have the time to play planetside 2 and Star citizen and Everquest landmark all at the same time
  19. Stew360

I feel the exact same thing
  20. Piestro Community Relations

We thought about this don't worry. It will be claimable once across all products in a given month.

Edit: Only once. Not once per game.
    While I hesitate to use the word forever (or always, or promise, or any other absolute) because I work on EQ and I still have to deal with statements we made 15 years ago, once claimed the SC is yours and will not expire. So if you have 250 and claim in march, you'll have 750. If you don't spend any when you go to claim in april you'll go up to 1250.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.