Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CapperDeluxe

Whats wrong with my math, I thought 2000 > 500?

Ok so you won't be able to accumulate over time, and you won't be able to use it on those daily sales... but it also means that you won't have to save up for 2-4 months to get something that costs 1000/2000 SC. Honestly its trading some pros and cons for other pros and cons, but nothing to be all worked up over. Its a game.
    • Up x 1
  2. nightkord

if you really want to do something for os guys that pay for the game.... then get of your *** and do something about all the ******* ******* using cheats in game,,, that woud be worht more then that ****...
    • Up x 1
  3. BoomBoom4You

Just curious, does this have anything to do with implants? I remember a huge backlash re: implants and "pay to win" -- I wonder if limiting the selection to just one item a month will temper some of those complaints?

Full disclosure: I am a premium member and see the change as value-enhancing, but it all depends on preferences I suppose.
  4. Kragmark

I have long subscribed to free2play to support the dev teams, however, I hate to be forced into use or lose and have to buy something I don't want. I can buy (but won't now) far more SC with the sub money than the station cash I get per month from the sub. I don't really care about the other perks as much. I just renewed last month, but definitely won't be renewing again.

Wait for the rage quit beacon to drop when this happens:
    • Up x 3
  5. Belarod

How about making a 3 month 50% Exp Boost, purchasable for 2000 SC. I got spoiled after having the 6 month Boost, and 3 day boost are to short. I always forget to check after they expire.
    • Up x 3
  6. Piestro Community Relations

Calendar month probably, based on Pacific time zone. An in game reminder if you have not used it is a good idea I will mention.
    • Up x 1
  7. Piestro Community Relations

I'll mention the idea of longer term boosts to the team. :)
    • Up x 3
  8. AccelPrime

Yeah because BR100 Veterans really need more XP to unlock all those things they wished they had... OH WAIT. :eek:

I'll probably cancel my sub by the time i'm BR85, i'm getting closer & closer to not being able to find something to dump my certs into...
    • Up x 1
  9. COR_

In the store there is a Premium Early Access section, change it to just Premium Access and add some if not all of the following items:
    - All limited time only items, like the flare gun or holiday horns. (just allowing members to buy these at our convenience is a great and easy boon)
    - 1 month XP boosts (members are already paying $10-$15 dollars a month for membership, this would be a good option for those wanting to essentially double down on their membership for that month)
    - The Recruitment rewards (let's face it, alot of those items looked great, but to this day i have not seen anyone with them because they were just too hard to unlock, I know plenty of people who would like the opportunity to buy some of them)
    - When rename tokens come out, free or cheaper versions
    - Voice packs (I know you don't actually have any of these yet, but I would love to be able to change my soldiers voice)

And of course all those would be great things to buy with our one bonus item per month, especially the 1 month boost for those who don't have anything else to use it on.
    • Up x 2
  10. AccelPrime

To be honest, the premium benefits are good, but if there are no new items to be unlocked the extra cert gain that comes with the subscription becomes obselete, and that used to be the main reason I had my sub going...
    • Up x 1
  11. Hyncharas

So basically the purpose is to force people to invest in an experience boost, but also pay separate batches for Station Cash they can use on items in the store. A better deal would be to offer either 1,000 SC or select an item worth 2,000 SC every month, but I doubt SOE management cares about players if they're doing this...

With this new plan I might as well not renew my subscription at all - not if personal choice is being curtailed, in favour of a free-to-play system that obviously isn't paying its way as much as they intended.
    • Up x 1
  12. Deadpool

Same! I purchased the Alpha package, Anniversary package, and renewed my second full year membership already despite the fact that I usually only have time to play one or two nights out of the week. The 500 SC that accumulates each month was really the only value I was getting out of the subscription, and is something I could use in other SoE games should I choose to. The fact that I will now be required to select an in-game item from a limited list has really put a bad taste in my mouth. Between my monthly 500 SC membership allowance, and the SC I have purchased on its own I already have more camos, helmets, and "bling" for my prowler than I need.

I'd much rather have access to select "physical" items as well, like tshirts, hoodies, mousepads, dog tags, etc., you know, all that "swag" they've been giving away lately, that's the stuff premium members really should have access to.

Just my two cents..

Edit::
    Great ideas as well! And on the Recruitment Rewards, I recruited all my friends, family, and people from my church, including my Pastor and his wife during the beta and shortly thereafter. They should have made the Recruitment rewards retroactive somehow and allowed people to go back and vouch for who recruited them.
    • Up x 3
  13. Rune Scorpio

Very few of us play Everquest Sony. Wake the F up.
    All this does is hurt your PS2 community.
    • Up x 2
  14. Belarod

Piestro also Bundles and bundles of bundles.

Sorry BR100 is not a problem I have or will have for a while, but would 3 month Resource Boosts be something that could entice a BR100? What about Bundles of Boosts? To avoid being lock into a certain Boosts for so long and giving you flexibility to switch to different situations.
  15. Nogrim313

i stopped giving them money after the "tough, deal with it" response i got after the removed the tire from the bull grill. your idea of customer service is to rip them off and tell them to suck it. now membership is worthless to any long term players, at least you could bank the 500 SC if there was nothing you wanted, now you **** out of luck if you already have it all unlocked
    • Up x 1
  16. Simsarmy

I just bought membership over Christmas and I shall be joining many others in cancelling it. You have made directly buying station cash more valuable than paying for membership by decreasing the flexibility of the trade. Where you may have been able to receive multiple high quality items in the game, at your discretion and without pressure. You are now forced to buy a single item, and do it within a month or "sorry you lost out".

You're treating the change as if the station cash was only ever reward. It's not, I intended on paying money for a service, not an afterthought. Even if it's a "promotion" as your terms of conditions suggest, it was easily one of the more valuable aspects of membership (particularly in conjunction with the member sale, not in spite of).
    • Up x 4
  17. KI-Natas

The change would be good if the items aren't excluded. This would be the candy for premium.
  18. Phaze

What it means is that the new cosmetics/items that you actually want will be on the exception list... and you'll be able to pick 1 item each month from the older (ie. no longer selling) items. Oh, joy!

I get WHY SOE is making this change... but doing it to already renewed accounts is garbage.
    • Up x 6
  19. murdoch

I'm not a fan of this change, seems like they don't want people saving up the SC they get and using it in sales and other promotions.

Like others I don't get to play every month, as I often have to go away on business for 6 to 8 weeks several time a year and under this new scheme I would be losing out as I don't have access to the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadDecoy

I feel totally screwed here. Just paid for a Permium 12month membership all at once and the 500sc per month was one of the main reasons for getting it. Will it be possible to cancel the membership and get a refund?
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.