Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aircool

Hmmm.... I pay for PS2 in six month chunks. I come and go to the game as I please. I get bored with it after a while, then have the urge to return, so having to buy stuff once a month doesn't agree with me.

HOWEVER.

My main reason for not liking this proposal is that;

>>> >>> IT DEFIES THE WHOLE POINT OF STATION CASH. <<< <<<

I intend to buy EQ:N whatever it's subscription/purchase model, and I want to be able to use my STATION CASH in either game.
    • Up x 6
  2. EverestMagnus

Wow just no, this is ****. SOE I have a regular multi month subscription that I've been paying for the last 6 months. I had every intention of continuing to pay for it and it's up in a few days. Good chance I'm going to cancel it now.

This is crap and you guys know it. There are not may item in the game that are worth anything above 700 station cash other than over priced cosmetics. I save my 500 station cash and buy items when they are on sale. Frankly at this point I own just about every gun in the game for my faction, and ever camo I want. Basically under this system if you don't release a new gun every month from this point on I'm going to be out the value of the one thing I really care about buying with station cash. If your going to do this then the vouchers should not expire and we should be able to save them.

I get that your trying to increase the value of your currency getting rid of the station cash. That business move is clearly in play and I understand it. But this is just making me devalue your game which frankly has started to get a little stale. Again at the very least, if your going to do this then the vouchers should not expire and we should be able to save them.Personally I don't even think that is enough, but it might stop me from canceling my sub.

You know you had me in a really good mood after the holiday sale and then you killed it with this. I've spent more money on planetside than any other game. Easily over 300 dollar into this game and was willing to spend quite a bit more in the time to come but your really just killing it now.
    • Up x 8
  3. Sysagent

Been a Premium Member since the very start of the game, have to say I am not pleased by this announcement at all.

I to sometimes save SC up for certain things when I need them or buy multiple items when they are on Sale (Boosts for example), with this change you are forced every month to spend your allotted funds on something you may not want, or lose the allotted funds.

Uncertain to what SOE are trying to achieve here, it certainly doesn't appeal to me the new way of Subscription and seems a very negative, restrictive move on their part and doesn't benefit the long term player at all and with this in mind I am re-evaluating my subscription.
    • Up x 9
  4. BiggggBRIM

Well my annual sub was due today, thankfully I read the forums before allowing SOE to deduct $119 of my hard earned money from my checking account. I've spent alot of money on this game so far, and I do not appreciate Sony treating me like a fool by telling me that the new change will be a "benefit" or in any way better than the previous $5/month bonus.
    • Up x 9
  5. Bindlestiff

You know something - I missed this part. I'm glad you pointed it out. I would wholeheartedly agree.
    • Up x 10
  6. Retne

Well interesting.

Okay: Rubbish.

When I took it up I thought the premium sub was the way to play while avoiding the feeling you're playing a game that includes a begging bowl.

I'm a PS1 veteran who has (happily) payed for subs on previous games since EQ1 and thought the offer here was worth going for. My sub expires some time in the next few months and this has made me reconsider my plan to get a year long sub. I'll chat with my mates who I play with once a week (we all are or will soon be parents, hence limited play time) but I suspect we'll be moving on to a game where the end goal isn't acquisition of stuff and where it doesn't feel like you're being milked.

Of course we'll keep this installed and play for free every now and again. I love the idea, but this change annoys me. Both for what it is, and the way it's presented as a positive (of course they have to do that, but urgh, marketing BS)
    • Up x 4
  7. St8kout

So no carry over? What about our current balance? Does that disappear if we don't spend it before then?
    • Up x 2
  8. Kaale

what about Pro7 customers? same deal?
    It's not even like we can use the 1 item on Playerstudio camos as we don't have them still.
    • Up x 1
  9. Losda

i don't really know how to feel about this.

i started my SOE account at 3rd october last year and dumped over around 14800 Station Cash (this is excluding 500 SC from membership bonus and 1000 SC from the retail box) bought with money into this game (no SC deals). plus bought 6 months of membership in december on the first day of the first 2xExp days. plus gave a little bonus to friends to make them buy some station cash for recruiter awards (pixelated yeah), plus money on nvidia premium gear up camo. plus the retail box for the golden smgs.

this is quite a lot of money i think. as i by now got all the things i wanted (platinum commissioner, platinum underboss, golden smgs, a weird zepher, golden ESRLs, my favorite camos and helmets, various cosmetics, bundles and weapons) there's nothing special i want. everything else i wanted to unlock with certs now and save the monthly 500 SC for a camo here and there or save up for a helmet, because i wanted to stop buying Station Cash for some time (that's why i wrote the details of my payments yet). should be understandable.

so there's nothing special left to get (spare me the black and golden ns7-pw, please). i also don't want grey scales or dark digital (those will be a good monthly deal for other members if they opted for those camos btw!) as i'm not far away from getting the recon camo. i don't play vehicles, so i wont go buy golden trims or horns or or or. i fly ESF and it already has everything.

so what am i going to do with the free item thingie. i'm now only interested in nice new helmets or camos, and those will come from the playerstudio. i'm not sure how to deal with the situation if i can't get them.
    • Up x 6
  10. happyjedi

Implying you were going to receive any SC next month.
    • Up x 1
  11. sgtjohnbilly

it's sound really attractive but it's sound more like a politique counter mesure to be sure to get more money from people ....
    may be you are poor ....
    i don't think so.
    don't kill the fun
  12. Azarga

Once again, single purchase every month with cost up to 2000 SC.
    If a Membership owner wants to use these 2000 SC to the fullest the only options are:
    1. Gold $$$-=SWAG=-$$$ NS PDW, Commissioner and Underboss - 2000 SC each
    2. Black YOLOxxxTHUGLIF NS PDW, Commissioner and Underboss - 1600 (? smthg like that, not in game to check) SC each
    3. Again some $$$-=SWAG=-$$$ gold parts for Sunderer for something like 950 SC each
    4. Grey scale camo - 1000x3 (armor+weapon+vehicle)

That's pretty much all.
    Everything else is up to 1000 SC and goes on sale up to 50% becoming 500 SC. That is previous Membership bonus, which, unlike new one you can save and spend when you want on what you want. If you are patient (and sales favor you), you could buy 2 discounted camos for monthly 500 SC. Now you only have 1 every month, regardles of your patience or luck or whatever.

Player studio items (1000 SC), bundles are EXCLUDED. no, you can not get one of those kewl PlayerStudio helmets for free every month, you will pay for them just like every other dirty F2P peasant.

TL;DR: you're Membership owner? - great! have these -=$WAG=- gold things! because you like it, b***h. Oh, you don't like them? too bad, but at least you still have one item for free, and don't you dare to whine that previously you could buy two of those for monthly SC.
    • Up x 10
  13. Daf

Previous post >Bang out of order, I purchased 1 years membership for the sc to spend how I wont, not forced into some over priced items that dont sell!

My purchase of the 1 year sub was the station cash, I pay to try and support the game for you guys at SOE to figure out how to make it better, not drive people away in anger and not re sub when it comes round again?

Why dont you ever ask the people who play about what we think, instead of saying more on reddit, say it on the official forums!

I want this game to succeed, but I feel your just pushing those who pay your wages away, I for one, will not renew my subscription, even if i have to wait at the WG to get into a cont, the poultry 48 certs a day for 1 year members is just being a scrooge, for those who are trying to help you I think its appalling.

I just wanted to update my previous post, those of us that took the subscription out, we took it out on good faith that the deal SOE was giving, was the deal for the life of said subscription.

I do think it is only fair and right, SOE should ask us all, who have premium subscriptions, would we like our cash back?
    • Up x 4
  14. Subway

Oh and SOE you really should update the in game membership advert so that it reflects these changes as it still shows 500 SC as a benefit. Not everyone nor even the majority I imagine read the forums and I would be very pissed off if I purchased a membership in game and didn't get any warning about this future change.
    • Up x 6
  15. AssaultPig

This might be a nice deal if it applied to bundles; I would even consider buying a membership if that were the case. It sounds like it will only be applicable to a single item though.

As it is though, it seems like a fairly obvious part of what seems to be an SOE strategy: reduce the value patient players can get from their money to incentivize more frequent purchases.

On the other hand I've never particularly felt like a membership was worth the money anyway, so
    • Up x 1
  16. Gavyne

• Up x 8
  17. Bindlestiff

I've actually made a post requesting clarification on whether they are going to be offering "value" for remaining a member or not. I will await to see their response - as will many, it seems.
    • Up x 1
  18. Soxism

Yay, just another way for SoE to make more money.
  19. eldarfalcongravtank

i paid a lot for this game buying station cash but never actually got membership (peasent for life!)

now, i have even less incentive to go for a membership plan. thanks soe for letting me save my precious money!;)
    • Up x 6
  20. Bindlestiff

No doubt SOE are (or at least should be) prepared for some kind of backlash from the paying members, but I do wonder if they were taking too many people to be fools if they truly believed they could sell this as "better" than the current system.

This could well be a PR nightmare indeed, especially so soon after the unnamed and unmentionable server 'failures' across the board put a very sour taste in everyones mouth to start with.

Edit: Just the first page you've linked there on the EQ2 forums gives the same indication of poor reception as here. Comfy chair and popcorn time ;)
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.