bug report submitted for scoping. Please upvote.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Mustarde

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ifle-scoping-has-been-altered-in-pu02.164257/

Please come here, and upvote the bug report. It is an undocumented change to the fundamental way our sniper rifles handle.

I wanted to be excited for this patch, the changes to nanoweave and the ability for our rifles to finally function the way they were designed and balanced for. But instead, the first BR10 that gets within 20m of me has a free pass, as I go to scope in on him and miss because I can't move the scope over his head in time.

Even if you are not having as much trouble as I am, I hope you will consider supporting this bug report as it was an undocumented, uncalled for change to how we use our weapons. SOE needs feedback in order to take a closer look at these issues, and while I don't think we'll get them to fix it before the holidays, I want it to be high on their to-do list when they get back.

Merry Auraxiumas,

Mustarde

• Up x 17
  2. Topher

This is unacceptable, no wonder when I tried to hop in after the balance pass I sucked more balls than Mrs. Pacman. I was specifically waiting to get readjusted, and I sure as hell can't get used to this after playing CSGO all the time where this DOESN'T happen, nor before this update in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  3. ZillFattak

I wasn't sure whether my bad performance in the last two days wasn't down to me being tired and having a headache. My aim with the TSAR-42 seemed somehow off. Thank you Mustarde, seems I am not as crazy as I thought. That change... RAGE.
    • Up x 1
  4. WonkoDenFriske

I have been having a hard time sniping since last update too and I do use a lot of quickscoping but that's not the whole story for me.
    I have noticed a lot of hits not registering when they clearly were hits and some times it seems like the bullet hit an invisible object in the bullet path.
    I have seen this while not sniping too but it seems more pronounced while sniping, perhaps because I only have one shot.
    • Up x 1
  5. bulletchaser666

you all know that there is a scoped sensitivy bar in settings right?, turn that **** up
  6. IIXianderII

That changes the sensitivity of the scope, which is not what the bug is. It is its own sensitivity that only happens between hip firing and scoping in and only lasts for a fraction of a second.
    • Up x 1
  7. Niamar

Tape and dot treatment, shoot after you push the scope button, but before the scoping in animation is finished. While it is frustrating I am having more problems getting the crosshairs on target at range. It is like they messed with my mouse dpi settings, having adjusted everything in and out of game, I give up.
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

Posted for the cause.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mustarde

we made it to the front page of the bug reports. Great job everyone, this little infiltrator community can be very responsive when needed :)

Realistically this won't get looked at until after the holidays. As frustrating as it is right now, I have the patience to hang on until then. I will keep you all updated if anything gets posted or responded to by the dev team.
  10. Vaphell

good thing i am currently farming that ****** impetus and haven't touched BASRs for months, that bug would be aggravating :)
    I wouldn't expect a fix soon. They managed to break lots of things, like the chain reaction of explosives which from infiltrator's perspective renders emp grenades useless for the purpose of clearing the mines out and also makes the wraith c4 delivery service largely ineffective (you need to shoot all c4 bricks instead of only 1, flash dies from the first detonation but the other brick(s) levitate in the air)
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

I still have a feeling that it was a bug, hence Luperza liking your tweet about it. Still...I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart.
    • Up x 1
  12. Interlude

Biggest nerf since ZOE. Please fix this, the game is unplayable. You just won't stop messing with us top tier snipers SoE, will you?
    • Up x 2
  13. Mustarde

C'mon now, how much time have you spent using one of the rifles to really know what is going on here? Within minutes of torokokill and I logging in post patch I got an angry tell from him "what the **** did they do to scoping? I keep looking at the ground after every shot!" It took a day for me to realize what he meant since I don't use a 12x scope often, but these changes are most likely inadvertent or poorly executed (you can add a scoping delay without ruining mouse sensitivities).

And it's not just top tier snipers, almost everyone I've spoken with noticed the change and has had issues with it. And the only way to get this fixed is to make it public so the devs can take a closer look at it.

Idk, maybe you just came here to troll, in which case I just spent way too much energy typing this on my iPhone lol
  14. CuteBeaver

Me too! (except for the conspiracy bit lol)

I just don't see Sony actually doing all they did to fix snipers to intentionally break them again. Its obvious the development team in this game does care. They are trying, otherwise many things we asked for never would have been fixed. In some cases they go beyond expectations. They didn't just fix nanoweave health values, but they also redefined all the sniper rifles. They dealt with damage issues for explosives, and tried to re-balance everything around baseline player health. Honestly who actually expected that to happen? I didn't. Then Sony also listened to the community regarding the bolt actions 150 limits. Don't get me started on the implants. They pulled those out of production to rework them based on player feedback.

I just cannot see them intentionally ruining the higher skill component to sniping. They want Planetside 2 to become an Esport, and precision sniping will be part of that. Most likely to a very small extent, based on the situation at hand. I have no delusions. I just I have a feeling in the competitive scene there are going to be allot fewer infiltrators on teams, they are going to stand out specially the really damn good snipers. Watching an infiltrator sneak around can be thrilling. I know I enjoy watching the Elusive1's super snappy target acquisitions. I think it be really cool for the average player to see just how effective sniping can be. Watching people like Mustarde, and Elusive1 get into a good position and dominate could be really fun for the audience.

• Up x 2
  15. Inex

Because not being vocal enough has always been a problem for the Infiltrators. ;)

Don't be surprised though when the fix to this "bug" is to re-pin the scope exit sensitivity timing to the end of the animation so that you're no longer looking at the sky when you un-scope.
  16. Mustarde

Being vocal is how we were able to convince the dev team to take a closer look at nanoweave - and PU02 represents a huge lobbying success for infiltrators in my opinion.

I see no need for extending the scoping animation, however if they insist on keeping it, fixing the sensitivity timings would at least be an improvement upon what we currently have, which is complete garbage and borderline unusable.
    • Up x 1
  17. Inex

It does kind of feel like this is somehow tied to the rocket launcher ADS fix. But really, it could also be an unintended side effect of animation streamlining. Or letting one of their interns sit at a dev's desk during lunch. So it may very well be a bug.

If it's an intentional change, and "tie the scope sensitivity speed to when the player starts to scope instead of when the scope animation completes" sounds like an argument someone might reasonably make, then I would expect the corollary "tie the scope sensitivity end to when the scope is brought back to the hip instead of when the player releases the button" to come up when SOE's reviewing their top voted bug.

Of course, I was wrong about how the headshot changes would pan out. Maybe I need to spend more money on my lobbyists. :)
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

There is no doubt in my mind that our excessive ranting about nanoweave and long ranged sniping is what caused them to remove that particular hard counter and turn completely around on the range cap they intended to implement. It's absolutely no secret that the development team does not like the one-hit-kill capabilities of the bolt-action sniper rifles...this has been publicly stated. Yet, here we are without a range cap and hard counter.

Most believe that the entire Infiltration community seeks to set their class up as gods amongst the game with extremely overpowered mechanics...but that's not the case. We want a balanced and enjoyable class where the entire system functions properly and we have just as much potential at becoming a god on the battlefield as anyone else in the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Inex

Because taken as a whole, they do.

Not necessarily intentionally, but road to hell and so forth. As each roadblock to the Infiltrator utopia is broken down, smaller and smaller issues will become the battle standard that people will flock to Forum X for. And eventually you'll run out of actual issues. You won't run out of battles though, something will come up to rally around. People are like that.
  20. IIXianderII

There is still a range cap, I actually just got my first range cap denied kill since the update on an engineer that was at about 350m on his turret. I have not missed that plunk sound of a headshot that doesn't give a kill, but this range cap is much more reasonable and 1 out of 300 is not a bad hit to kill ratio.