Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jan Regal

Haw haw haw, take your bullet drop-less weapons back to the baby pen and quit crying. Clear case of 'gamer exaggeration' there. "I DIE IN ONE HIT BUT THE ENEMY FACTION NEVER DIES"

Maybe you just suck.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jan Regal

Also, the PS2 devs are fantastic and you're a complete and total tool if you think otherwise - just take a look around at other MMO dev teams, then re-evalue what you're saying people. God damn, how I'd hate to be a dev, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    • Up x 1
  3. AirSuicide

Actually I have several characters both on TR, NC, and Vanu. So I have no prejudice toword any faction. In addition one of my friends has an NC on he same server as my Vanu and another has a TR, and I tested this thoroughly.

There is an issue. VS are much easier to kill now then the other factions. Which translates to, a lot of people will probably be playing their NC and TR characters until this is fixed.
  4. ADUILO

Yeah, the Vanguard is sooooo OP. It has to compensate for bullet drop, can't go over steep hills and can't strafe while exposing only it's frontal armour to the enemy, definately OP. /sarcasm

All of the tanks are balanced, they just have different playing styles. And, in case you didn't know, you can destroy the shield. It's really weak at the back.
  5. Renuse

Hey in regards to the heavy on heavy thing. I think it has to do with the head-shot multipliers they changed. As a TR heavy im having the same problem as well, fighting any other class besides the heavy head to head feels normal ish. But fighting heavy vs heavy im getting owned, as in im emptying 98% of my clip into the guy and barely getting past his shields (I would say about 95% of that 98% is in the upper body). This is with an SMG 30 round mag ( i know i can get an extended mag ).. But really? My gun cant kill heavies (NS PDW) unless I purposefully attempt to aim at the head, and hit, and don't get head shot-ed before then, or some other guy jumps in. Thats heavy vs heavy as a TR and against VS heavys, who were above BR 50 so they had some good gear at the least.

Now im not saying there's a specific racial thing going on, but the damage resistance thing is really screwing with how much a weapon can do to people, who should be able to be killed with at least 25 rounds to the chest. (Though that maybe the case, seeing as how limited of a time ive had on the servers post patch) The head shots.... I feel cheated. Honestly, you roll up on a guy, you get the jump on him with body shots, and he turns popping shields, and head shots you? You die so quick you wonder what the fudge did i even cert into a heavy for??? Why do i have a bigger bulkier armor, and such as a heavy, and not have some head shot resistance? Snipers and larger calibers, yeah, a head shot is a head shot, like a watermelon with a stick of dynamite in it. That is understandable. But common. The HEAVY doesn't feel like a HEAVY. Its not a max i know. Maybe im wrong.

To me a heavy is this. Inherently a more armored infantry, but not to the point of a cumbersome MAX. Id say like 1/3 of the MAX like-ness. We have some explosives, and rockets as our focus is 1. (since the class default is a suppressive weapon by nature with its magazine size and cone of fire) Suppressing or supporting infantry assaults on the front lines. (ie, shields for o-sht moments and such) 2. Handling situations (ie tank rolls up, lightning w/e) that generic infantry couldn't handle (ie rockets and anti armor equipment, and respectfully, yes a light assault can get the tank to, maybe even better because of their jetpack) .

Infils and light assaults arent going to hold the front lines unless its a medic orgy. c4 will be going off everywhere and rez grenades, you know all that crazy stuff. By no means is a heavy a MAX, but hearing that *Dink* and just dropping from a quick burst.. Gah that grinds my gears.

If you want just rename the heavies. Infantry. GI Joe, with a ball-cap on.

Ive seen dudes survive head-shots to the head with Kevlars, so if we have shields and all this high-tech glowy laser and floating tanks in this game can we at least get some head shot resistance for out heavies? Heck i play Infil most of the time!

GLHF!!
  6. Renuse

Side note sorry, that across the board hits to kill sounds amazing. A situation description to the weapon would be great too, rather than a lure description :I

Seriously, you go into a gun store and look at a gun (in this case the Market in PS2) the guy selling you the gun will tell you where the weapon preforms the best, and what situations you'd want to take it into or have it. Not that J-Lo once owned it and simply because of that the gun will kill people better.

The stats are nice, but a down a dirty weapon brief would make for a better understanding for what the weapon is for and 1. enable people to choose their weapons smartly, and 2. make it easier on newer players. . . . . Rather than kinda cert gambling if you don't know how to break down the stats.
  7. Renuse

Also, sorry last reply lol.

If we have to reload a weapon, while in a 1v1 on open terrain, we are pretty much dead. Basically, the resistances are making our weapons useless (SIDE NOTE, those cost certs, time, and/or money). And anyone not certed into the Nano will feel like its impossible to survive and kill other players.
  8. Renuse

Yeah pistol, yeah grenade, yeah yeah yeah. Still if our main weapon cant kill someone, why even have it.
  9. ChickensCanFly

Wait... Hidden codes?
  10. Clockwerk

"You can" doesn't mean "you should", and I HIGHLY doubt for ANY single MBT'd be able to remove the shield without being blown up by the Vang first.

After all, I'd take the Vanguard over the Magrider/Prowler any day, especially it doesn't need any thing else but a press of a button.

Daem, gaem is totally balanced.
  11. DLL2

Turbo noise of the haraser has been changed. I don't heard it. And it is not on pathnote.
  12. ManiacGardener

How can you ever say the Magrider is underpower when it can fricken strafe?! You can avoid so much damage with its speed (just like the old Harasser) that's the damn point. If you make it tougher it will be op.

If you keep saying that balance is an issue then every faction will do the exact same thing with each of their classes/weapons/esfs leaving no roles that people personally like which will kill the game. This has happened to many games in the past because people do NOT know how to use tools given to them properly and when they do know how to use them then others who cannot cope with someone being better and using this mechanic professionally will WHINE and DESTROY the ORIGINALITY of certain game mechanics.

If you are going to threat SOE that you're going to leave then might as well do it instead of whining. Maybe that will work who knows?
  13. Ghosty11

This was the real nerf to long range sniping. ;P
  14. TheRunDown

We all know this is a Trend patch to make PlanetSide 2 favour Tanks and Aircraft.. to try being back some of its player base..
    I was around when PS2 favoured Tanks before, all people did was camp spawn rooms and never leave their vehicles, which caused the Player base to hit rock bottom.. then SMGs came out and Anti spawn camping designs were released for CQC.. I can only assume that they believe this is a even balance of CQC and less Paper Tanks..

I guess after this patch they can use the Original slogan "Epic Vehicle Warfare" and not "TR have more Foot Zerglings so TR are best Empire.."

PlanetSide 2 would be so much more fun if it had PlanetSide 1 style bases (on a better scale). PlanetSide 1 base designs denied Tanks access to key objective points, spawn rooms and courtyard freedom access.. I'm not saying the actual design of each base would suit PlanetSide 2, given the fact PlanetSide 2 isn't PlanetSide, but having None Tank zones at main bases would make this game so much nicer when you have a break from someone camping in a tank all day. PlanetSide 1 also was on a bigger map scale, and not square islands for every world.. Base to Base distance made the players start epic MBT fights, but PlanetSide 2 has such short travel time from base to base.. a huge MBT vs MBT are more or less who camps better on a hill at neighbouring base..
  15. Lacecho

IMO the harasser was doing fine. I dont think it was so OP. Yes it will take more skill. But you have to admit the nerf was extremely harsh. I understand it was too tanky for a vehicle of its type. So why not make it into a glass cannon? Nerf the armor values but keep the mount guns the same. Or keep the armor values but nerf the guns. I'm not happy with the simultaneous nerf to both guns and armor. I play TR and our ES gun just got hammered to nothing. Not to mention all the other stupid little nerfs they made which I dont think were necessary since they nerfed the armor and guns. Poor patch.
    • Up x 1
  16. Epic High Five

If the Magrider was made as awful at AI as the Vanguard is - top to bottom and worse now that the Halberd doesn't do near as much damage - then you'd scream and cry about it. The Vanguard is a TANK. It kills other tanks. It doesn't know anything else and doesn't much care. It blasts Skynyrd at full volume when it drives past daycares during nap time and drinks beer in a cutoff t-shirt in a beat up old lawn chair when it isn't popping a shield and popping a Sunderer without taking a scrap of damage. It is also completely unable to defend itself from an HA to is playing peek-a-boo from behind a tree.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but for about 8 months, the Vanguard's shield was bugged to drop randomly and within a couple seconds of taking any kind of fire. Nobody ran it, and the Vanguard was the worst tank by a big margin because it was just a slow and cumbersome brute that is very vulnerable to infantry.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that half of any given battle are HAs, and not only do they have rocket launchers, but they very probably have the rocket launcher out and are looking for targets. Try to kill an LA that's jetting around to C4 you with an AP/Enforcer Vanguard and then realize that the Vanguard just sells out to do what it does.

Also, to listen to the TR you'd think the lockdown Prowler now shoots cotton balls that roll out of the barrel onto the ground and not - as is the case - rapidly fired high damage rounds at 50m/s faster than the already excellent Titan AP. Ye gods people, be glad it improves velocity at all, because it's not like you're going to fire HARDER because you're standing still.

It's a damned dune buggy. If you want a tank pull a tank. If you want to zoom around the place taking pot shots at people, pull a Harasser.

Also I don't even want to hear complaints from the TR about their ES vehicle secondaries. NOT A WORD
    • Up x 1
  17. CleanUpGuyCZ

The balance problem is not so much between the factions as it is between vehicles and infantry, this is a combined arms game, think of it.
  18. BilliBobBillsen

Oh reta rd patch ! Oh reta rd patch! why are u so reta rded?
    to make more christmas like
  19. AirSuicide

You cant always strafe, it is exceedingly conditional to do so based on the terrain your on. No to mention 2 hits and your dead anyway.

The Vang CAN always use its shield and CAN always have 25% more health and More Damage.
    The Prowler has more damage then the Mag, and Higher resist and Health and can deploy AT ALL TIMES.

So yes it needs a survivability boost at minimum and a damage increase and a survival boost at maximum just to make it on par with the Prowler and Vang.

I mean come on you nurfed the Vanu max, You Nurfed the mag (awhile back) and you've nurfed everything else the VS have, while buffing everything else the other factions have. Now most of the VS stuff is pretty useless when compared to the other factions same vehicle or max.

With the exception of the harasser which is probably the only frakin vehicle that's actually balanced across the 3 factions.

What more do you want? Mine as well take the VS personnel shields away.
    • Up x 2
  20. neyo5611

nice patch i dont like the fracture part because it takes a little while to take down a player with DUEL fractures. i hate the part about mines no longer able to be seen with thermal(that has saved my *** a number of times) happy i get some certs refunded :) now im happy that i might be able to get better gear :D