Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ransurian

I'm not seeing the Prowler nerf anywhere at all in the patch notes. Is it still being nerfed, or did SoE decide against it at the last second?
  2. Kinan Eldari

Don't care that it's been said: Yay ZOE Nerf : D
  3. Nerkun

This is great news if it happens as you described. :)
  4. Strateuo

WOW awesome patch for everyone but the TR yet again...I will not be renewing my subscription....
    • Up x 1
  5. COR_

Ah its deceptive you see, as a max you have a built in 80% damage resistance, meaning you normally only take 20% bullet damage.
    the ~30% more damage takes the form of a reduction in damage resistance, bringing it down to ~50%, meaning you are now taking ~50% bullet damage, more than twice than before.
    It's made more difficult by additional weapon specific resistance values, hence my generous usage of ~
  6. Tecolot

Your assumption of my implication is correct. I do not intend to play the harraser at all anymore. Mind you I've purchased 4 different guns with SC for it, and even like that, if they would refund the certs I've used in the harraser and remove my ability to spawn one, I would gladly take it. YOU HEAR THAT, SOE? :)
  7. FBVanu

I must be doing something wrong then, because I can NOT pull a tank anytime I want. I need the resources for it. we only start with 750 (if you filled up the day before), and a tank costs 450. Now I'm down to 300... If I get blown up in my tank, before I earned another 150 points, I will not be able to pull another. Let's say I do get the extra 150, putting me back at 450, then I get blown up, pull another tank. and then I'm down to zero mechanized points.. I won't even be able to pull out a flash..

Now I'm walking across Esamir, freezing my butt off.. In almost all fights I have seen in the last 6 months, tank columns get reduced, some come back, many do not. it is not an endless amount of tanks out there. However, there is an endless amount of Lockon rockets, mana turrets, etc.. You should not have a problem with too many tanks.

And if you do, that just means you guys should play a more coordinated, Joined Forces kind of game. Which is what PS2 is supposed to be, wasn't it??

side note: A Flash with any kind of weapon on it, should cost 100 resources, as it does now. But a Flash without any weapons, should cost only 50.. or give me a bicycle or something, a side-car motorcycle to get around.. just a thought.
  8. BrianJ2

Hope this is gonna be gd :D
  9. GoodFight

All these fancy sales are to distract you from realizing you're not getting a triple or double sc day for xmas ;-)
    • Up x 3
  10. Gav7x

They definetly are good, just not as good as the VS
  11. GoodFight

The patch notes are riddled with typos... would be best to verify if the vulcan stats on non-harassers got bled into in the notes by the harasser weapon nerfs.
  12. teks

Tanks suffer from crowding really bad, that is, They become far less useful when there are more of them, and far eaier to kill as they cant maneuver.
    30-45 minutes respawn is more then just harsh. Understand that there are people who specialize in vehicles, and it doesn't make us any worse then any other player. Any vet tanker knows to avoid tank zergs like the plague because its a deathtrap.

You just don't understand how easily a squad can kill a whole zerg of tanks. Try these tactics.
    1. Drop c4 faeries from a gal
    2. Drop AV maxes and tank mine engys from a gal.
    3. Flank the zerg with a couple AV tanks. Rear shots kill small odds they will figure it out fast enough.
    4. lancer squad
    5. Striker squad
    6. Pheonix squad (yes, 4-5 people under cover firing at the same target= instant death to any tank)
    7. Liberators.

And ignoring all of that. Try imply ignoring them. Tanks can''t' contribute on a point worth a dang. Those 13+ tanks equal 20+ people that will not be attacking the point. Stay away from the windows. Don't run outside. Use flak. Grab a gal, and fly around the tanks for a back cap.

Even in the worse situations there is nothing a zerg of tanks does that is any more detrimental then normal. Just stop being stupid about it. Assess the situation, and change your tactics.

Remember tanks aren't just tools of the enemy. They are certs. Less tanks = less diversity = less fun. This is espesially true for anything that focuses on killing tanks like myself.
  13. Ransurian

14. Nerkun

Whether you can pull another tank constantly depends on 3 things. You judgement of the situation, your skills in battle and luck, because sometimes, even with all your precautions, Lady Luck ***** on you with her Dalton. If you can survive 10 minutes, you can constantly pull one (even shorter waiting period for members who get resource boosts). Now, here's the real way to constantly have a tank. You and your outfit member pull your tanks in turns. Once you, once he, and if you have skills and that mentioned judgement when a tank can and can't be pulled (ESf's much?), then you will constantly be on a roll.

Esamir is a great continent. I love it a lot. Sadly, many people don't seem to agree and most people only go there when they don't have resources or when there is an alert.
  15. TheKhopesh

1) I was on the PTS using the Carnage AR (As it has been renamed) and found that when compaired to it's TR counterpart -the TAR, one of my favorite TR weapons- the Carnage had suffered far worse than the TAR in their subjective rolls.

As well, I have used the Enforcer enough to know that sniping armor (In particular, getting a hit on an ESF to discourage it from getting to close) was it's best feature by far, and that the new acceleration physics were intended to make "Sniping infantry more difficult".
    It didn't need the change, as attempting to snipe infantry was futile as it is a 2 shot for infantry, does not get a headshot multiplier.
    At most, you shot infantry to kill some guy charging like he was Leroy Jenkins, and usually you did so just to discourage them from getting too close when the main cannon was busy.

2) Sorry to hear that you guys on the EU servers don't get to participate as much. That doesn't change the fact that there are some pretty good turn outs though.

3)Yes, many people jump to conclusions.
    Usually, however, when someone has +1,500 hours logged on a game, they have a good enough working knowledge to conclude something simply by looking at the numbers.
    Then, when we're still not sure, we hop on the test server (And 9 times out of 10, our conclusions are correct).
    With some experience, a working knowledge of how each side fairs, and some basic logic, you can usually tell if something will be too powerful, or too weak just by looking at the patch notes.
    I am suprised SOE hasn't made an offer to some of the better people out there just to review their numbers and give their opinions, seeing as how that simple action would have stopped the problem of the Striker or Vulcan before they were even released (Though, I can see how the ZOE could have fallen through the cracks even still. Until the raw data from gameplay came out, that is).
    • Up x 1
  16. Teslaburn

The only thing you guys really need to be working on, is the random crashes.
    Physx disablement does NOT stop the crashes.
    That is all.
    • Up x 2
  17. Missundaztood

Some great changes!

What on earth is the change to the infiltrator class all about?!!!

What? I have to be within 300m's to get a 1 shot headshot? Totally daft, utter crap BS nonsense. It takes skill to accomplish head shots from that range. Why the flipin' hell have you removed the opportunity to achieve one!?

Long range sniping was one of my favorite activities in this game and now you have gone and removed it! Absoloutly crap/terrible move!

I want answers, now!
  18. Darkbiaze

Why nerf the pounder? I don't get it, isn't it useless enough as it is?
  19. ADUILO

Actually, 300 meters is the infantry render distance in PS2.
    • Up x 4
  20. PS2Freak

This is exactly what i think too. sad times.... not like peoples financial situation got better.... for most people its got worther, only companys are writing "green numbers"...

in my case, they losing the money i would give them if there were AT LEAST 2xSC sale. i would invest 50€ to my already invested 200€....