OK, the harasser is way to hard kill.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Dec 8, 2013.

1. FocusLight

X is the best counter for X is not very good balancing. If you have to pull more of something in order to have any hope of stopping it, WHAT IS THE POINT OF PULLING ANYTHING ELSE?

Striker was broken in the last update and is now a completely unreliable weapon outclassed by the Annie. Get with the program and stop complaining about something that has already been "balanced".
  2. Shuguard

Correct which is why you could pull a 2/3 lib with dalton or shredder, a 2/2 mbt ap/ap secondary, or double ap lightning. If you are a god tier esf pilot then esf. Or you could be a copy of that harasser, but there are options.
  3. Paqu

Few months ago I would have agreed with you and for all I cared they could have even removed the whole thing from the game. I mostly play as infantry and got so sick of the harassers, especially on TR ones with Marauders that I felt like I want to quit the whole game.

Now people seem to be better at dealing with them (they still are way too good against infantry) and while I drive with the Mag I sometimes actually feel bad for them and just think how easy they will be to kill after the nerf when they are not very challenging now.

It would be better to nerf them in small bits until good balance is found. Removing backseat repair and small nerf to comp armor would propably be enough. Or at least thats where they should start and then see how it goes for couple weeks and nerf bit more if needed. That would be nerf to Vulcan as well since its only effective up close where the Harasser would be weaker than it now is.

SOE just has bad history of overdoing things and then trying to adjust it from there. Also balance patches with small tweaks should come much more frequent so OP things wouln't exist for so long and increase the players frustration.
  4. WTSherman

Question: Are the C85 buffs on PTS too? And if so, well, did they work, or is it still worthless?
  5. Slandebande

An ESF by all means kills a MBT faster than a Harasser, unless a Vulcan-H is unloading in their rear. Besides, the MBTs have way more firepower, if people aren't aware enough to turn around in time, they will die. Just like if they don't swing their turrets around every 30 seconds or so, they will most likely get c4'ed, over and over again. I make a point of hunting Vanguards as a HA when I feel like it, and it is crazy how many people lack awareness. There is only one way for them to improve, the hard way. A non-idiot MBT crew can simply keep turning the tank while firing, whilst the crew takes turns repairing the tank. This isn't rocket science.

Because you are able to see it coming on the minimap, and it has to get so close to you. You have much more firepower than it, and if it has to get so close to you, you should be able to kill it, let alone scare it away. Again, situational awareness, without it, many things are incredibly more dangerous than they are intended to be. An ESF is way more dangerous than a Harasser if you aren't aware of the situation.
  6. Goretzu

If they removed moving repair and gave a small surviability nerf harrassers would be fine.

However SOE have said they absolutely will not remove moving repair (although they are open to toning it down).
  7. TheFamilyGhost

I guess it comes down to what type of Planetside persona one wants to adopt.

1: The person who translates every moment of in-game grief into a reason to change the game.
    2: The person that owns their experience and figures out what to do differently next time.

I can't imagine being #1. It would be humiliating.
  8. NC_agent00kevin

One or two shots makes all the difference in a Lightning vs MBT battle, which I regularly take on. If its a 1/2 MBT he is probably going down, not me. If its not an AP MBT, I stand a good chance of winning that fight. Lightnings are what I do, and I know how to use one to its fullest potential. There are a lot of places in SE and NE Indar where the Maggies cant go far from side to side as well as on Amerish and Esamir. And usually they panic and try to go straight back because they have it in their minds to line up a shot, so while they try ro escape they are also trying to get that cannon aimed at me, which is exactly what I try to avoid in a Lightning. Two nights ago I managed to kill 2 Prowlers alone in 1v1s on Amerish. Granted, they werent the most skilled, and were 1/2 tanks, but even so, its a hard won fight. The key is to get that first shot in the rear armor, and never let up once you close in. You have to be 100% committed to that fight because once you engage there is no escape.

You'd be surprised at how many shots you can pop off with max reload speed too. A fully decked out Lightning with a competent driver can be scary even to an MBT - if not for getting killed, for the sheer amount of damage it can do to you, leaving you quite vulnerable to Harassers, other Lightnings, ESFs and MBTs.

The underlaying point is, when a good Lightning driver can take on an MBT and sometimes win, the Lightning shouldnt have to worry about a glorified dune buggy...
    • Up x 1
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Lol, no. Skyguards are great, I love driving them. But AP is also great. Its the go-to weapon. You can defend yourself against armor, snipe Infantry, and hit ESFs and Libs. I cant even count how many times Ive shot down ESFs with a well placed AP Round. And Ive killed as much Infantry as vehicles with the AP Cannon. Its the best all 'rounder since it can do everything. Skyguards can kill Infantry and other tanks too, but unless its an unmanned Sundy or a Viper Lightning, you're not going to win. You'll just be looking for a new tank.

AP Lightnings also compliment Harassers well. Me and a couple of the EFFU guys go out, 2 in a Harasser and me in a Lightning. Anything they cant finish off I can, and anything that chases them is in trouble when it gets back to me....and Im usually lurking nearby. Sometimes if it open ground I just roll right with them or tail a ways back, in view but keeping a bit of distance.
  10. Poorform

I shot a full hp prowler with a shrike rocket head on, they had front armor, I died to cannons and saw that my rocket took them down to around 1/4th hp.

I did the same to a harasser with composite armor. I did around 1/6th of their hp. WUT?
  11. Poorform

That video is absolutely disgusting.
    • Up x 1
  12. oberchingus

What they should do is leave it as is, and stop nerfing it altogether. Harassers are easy to kill with the right response. AV weapons, lock-on weapons, turrets, AV Max, rocks, trees, novice drivers and other vehicles all contribute to the harasser's end. When you meet a formidable adversary, you adapt to kill him. And his vehicle.

So force players to adapt. Don't change the harasser anymore. In the right hands, all vehicles, weapons, tools are considered OP. Stop changing the game content. Learn to fight against them, don't nerf the tools.
    • Up x 1
  13. ObtuseCanadian

This is my opinion, you may disagree or agree, or hate if that’s how you role. The Harasser is fine as is. The fact that it is a difficult vehicle to master means that it is not typically a noob vehicle. Hence it can seem to be “difficult” to kill on most one vs one battles because the harasser crew knows what to do and how to do it. If one knows how to put up a good defense to a Harasser (don’t be alone, don’t show your butt, etc), it isn’t that hard to kill. All this talk about it only supposed to be a buggy…I’m sorry this is a combat game, not a bus driving sim (you can still practice in the sundy if you want). The Harasser is designed to be used as a get in-and-out vehicle, not another tank. So when you surprise an unknowing tank/lighting/harasser etc, it can be deadly. If you have a skilled 3/3 harasser they can be extremely deadly, until they hit a rock or encounter multiple enemy vehicles who don’t panic and lose their minds. Do you really want to nerf everything that kills you more than ten times? The end point is that the harasser isn’t the end all to the game and is fine the way it is. There are plenty of ways to end the harasser; you just have to find them.
  14. Poorform

The harasser is VERY easy to drive even stock. Don't pretend it's a difficult vehicle to drive, it's possibly the easiest in the game.
  15. SnatchMaster

I sank 6 lock on rockets into a harasser the other day and it didn't die. The problem isn't the armor, which is high but can be dealt with. Its that whole repair on the go. IF that gets toned down, then harassers won't be able to roam around, kill anything that moves, and get away with it. They're annoying, but they harass, so working as intended.
  16. TheFamilyGhost

What is most disgusting is the TERRIBLE situational awareness shown by the victims, and the community's focus on the weapon instead of becoming better players.
    • Up x 1
  17. ObtuseCanadian

I'm sorry, but a vehicle that flips when you run into a flash/rock/tree, basically anything in the game, definitely isn't the easiest to drive. I'm not saying that it is difficult to drive if you know what your doing, but it is difficult to master. That's what I was saying...
  18. oberchingus

Great post ObtuseCanadain!
  19. oberchingus

Find more players and hunt it down next time. They can be killed, just try harder next time.
    • Up x 1
  20. Poorform

Did you miss the two magriders that turned to engage only to be driven under and unable to compete with the fast moving harasser with endless stream of death bullets? The beetles didn't even stand a damn chance at point blank. More speaking to the terribleness of the magrider though.