PTS ZOE Changes (Video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Conflictt, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Chipay

Okay, well i never used ZOE so it doesn't bother me either.
  2. Chipay

When you're trading 30% armor for only 15% increased damage i don't think there's much need for testing....
  3. BoomBoom4You

sure there is, that's the whole point of it not being on live yet. they have to gather stats, they'll see in the stats if it sucks. but not if nobody uses it and just speculates on the forums. just sayin, it's in your best interests to get on PTS and give it a try.
  4. f0d

i dont think any VS would argue with removing the damage buff

all along i have said the damage buff was not needed - all it needed was the speed buff

now without the speed buff its useless
  5. Xada

You're not getting a speed increase, your es ability does not have to be a direct upgrade from charge, tr's max ability is bad for infantry but good for sieging like a prowler. NC's shield is good with lots of infantry support, not good for solo play and still leaves you quite vulnerable. These vulnerabilities make the shield useless for offensive applications, making charge a necessary part of a effective offense.
  6. BeefySleet

ZOE with strictly the damage buff would still be very effective. One bullet can make a huge difference in infantry combat, not to mention it is INCREDIBLY useful for AV and AA/Burster purposes. It would still most likely be the best MAX ability even without the speed, so stop acting like you're so hard done by.

Liar.
  7. Chipay

ZOE doesn't work for AV and AA anymore since the damage buff on PTS is only granted in short ranges (read: probably not the distance you'll be hitting tanks and aircraft at)

Nope, always preferred Charge over making myself die 30% faster.
  8. NightmareP69

SOE devs are incompetent and this will most likelly be the final form of their so called rebalance just like they did with the striker, it was horrible OP and instead of trying to fix it they just whacked it with the nerf hammer like idiots, iv'e wassted over 1000hours in PS2 and about 100 euros, iv'e always had hope than the devs would finally fix the mass balance issue and add more content but after a year it's obvious this will never happen and the community is just destroying it self every day more and more with SOE not even trying to ban obvious trolls and idiots who are doing harm to the community.
  9. Ghosty11

Even at rank 5 the damage buff was minimal vs. infantry. It was at least noticeable against MAXes, but that's where you felt the 30% damage increase that the ZOE MAX took, if the enemy could aim at all. The form of ZOE on the PTS is not worth taking at all vs. Charge. Well at least they didn't nerf the pink glow.

This is pretty much what I expected from SOE, make the ability useless. Much like their stubborn approach to fix Enforcer Modified, they cling on the the terrible design decision to keep the weapon a shotgun instead of admitting defeat and doing a proper redesign.
    • Up x 2
  10. FocusLight

And this is why 4th factioning should never be allowed to be a thing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

You are misunderstanding me.

The speed upgrade is the only thing that anyone cared about. The damage increase is not worth the increased incoming damage...it never would be. Between Charge and the ability to wear tissue paper in a slow moving MAX, which sounds more prudent? You'll be dead before you have a chance to really do much with that increased damage; charge is the better option.

They could have completely removed the entire damage boost and the majority of VS wouldn't have cared. It was a lesser variant of charge that could be used whenever you wanted...that's the only thing that made it lucrative over charge itself.

As I said...if they can't leave the speed boost alone and balance it despite such, the ability needs completely scrapped.

...do you realize how fast your health goes down while using ZOE? It's rare that your enemy is ever alone...and when you're focus fired by the group...yeah, that damage boost is going to come in real handy.

No, Charge is the only thing people are going to use. The damage isn't worth the increased incoming damage...and it never would be.
    • Up x 2
  12. M4L4CH1TE

Nope. I respectfully disagree. I only run ZOE for the damage increase. Speed is a nice benefit but I'm ZOE'd for better killing.
  13. Chipay

• Up x 2
  14. Conflictt

All these 'sky is falling' posts without any actual info. Based on this ZOE is still going to be good, not useless like everyone says it will be.
    • Up x 1
  15. Lucidius134

fixed that for you
  16. MasonSTL

this is wrong. I just tried it, they removed the speed bonus WHILE SPRINTING. You still get a speed bonus when walking. They did this so ZOE can't run down infantry.

Not all is lost maybe you should try it yourself and/or wait for patchnotes to confirm or deny certain statments. And maybe also wait until you bash SOE out of ignorance
  17. Chipay

I know, as i later quoted Higby here in this thread, i didn't realize that and based my measurements purely on running speed of the MAX.
    • Up x 1
  18. MasonSTL

One thing I don't agree with, is the time limit AND a cool down. Toss the time limit and keep the cool down.
    • Up x 1
  19. KnightCole

And I hope these changes make the VS CRY....I hope they whine so much that the VS max goes the way of the Dodo....

I usually dont wish things to be made obsolete......but in this case....the VS MAX...ive seen so damn much of it's OP ******** self, Idc what happens to it just as long as I see next to none of it...
  20. Nhilys

On a side note, Blueshifts deal AV damage while ZOE is active on the PTS, obviously a bug since it doesn't affect any other AI weapons but we might as well have some fun while it lasts.