Server Downtime for Hotfix November 21, 2013 6AM PDT (3PM CEST)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Nov 20, 2013.

1. fergrim

wahhhhh this free to play game doesn't work on my 1991 486. Wahhh. This game is free but I act like I paid money for it and wahhhhhhhh.

This game runs perfectly for me, maxed out on a first gen I7 and a 500 series... Five year old equipment at newest. Learn to not by an HP pavilion. :p

Edit: We have tested it. With yours, mine and the guy you're responding to. No one else is having a problem, so it's on your end.

Your dual core is supposed to run it poorly.
  2. SGT-Bilko

Guys the guy has a problem, even if expressed poorly there is no point in flaming...

If you want a solution here, think about the real problems. You said you have network issues, and ps2 issues? Are you on wireless? There are many solutions here, and none of them need to involve anyone getting mad or treating others poorly.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tri Xdios

I've come across a few "glitches" like one, i was jumping up onto a platform, and as I finally got on top, the game disconnected.

I know at first I thought, it was my internet connection. However I run a really good one, and any other game I play it never happens, so maybe it was something on my end? or maybe it wasn't lol as for other glitches I've found lol a funny one where I jumped from a cliff to the ground and as I landed, instead of dying like I should have, I was shot up into the sky and flew pretty damn far, before I landed again and than died...
  4. dariansniper

I think its not fair does the NC looks now so baad

[IMG]
  5. Conzb

Goodie.... finally a fix for game crash. After the previous fix, it suddenly makes me long queue and crash repeatedly.
    Aside from the good work in fixing the bugs and crashes. I really hope SOE would do a better planning and preparation in doing an event like this birthday double exp event.
    2 downtime for hotfix maintanance during the event, which I happen to start playing 15 minutes before every downtime (it is my only time to play due to work for 3-4 hours, and downtime usually 1-2 hours). It's a total waste for my 50% boost and waiting for server to go up. I am sad :(
  6. CommyXD26

Good, GOOD. Finally, you made my day, SOE. The rest is blah, blah, blah...
  7. pavelman

funny so sad.
    Invisible infantry correct?
  8. fergrim

Same! They gave me three free days of premium time and there have been two patches in those three days! lol
  9. dariansniper

They should not add a new Ultra setting, they should rather fix the FPS problem wich still make Problem on my PC. I can play Battlefield 4 with 60+ FPS, and Planetside 2 between 30 and 60.

[IMG]
  10. wannaspeed

That's a poor argument as many people have spent more money on the game than on a regular game. Free to play is not "FREE". I have personally spent about $80, 2 of my friends have spend around $250 each, and one friend has only been playing for 2 weeks and spent at least $100. That's just looking at it from a financial standpoint. The time invested in the game is even more valuable.That said it's always possible it's on the users end, but given the fact that the game has always been littered with issues and bugs it's easier to think SOE broke something again when new issues show up.

For instance, the game has worked mostly okay on my setup for almost a year. SLI still doesnt work but whatever. Right now when I try to log in I get a white screen and a g99 error, worked fine 7 hrs ago, so maybe the patch broke something or maybe I need to wait cause servers are down.I have no way of knowing except by waiting.
  11. FrankHH

Wut, I have an HP pavilion desktop (2nd gen i7, 550 ti) and I run the game perfectly on high.
  12. SGT-Bilko

Is anyone else missing characters after the hotfix?!
  13. Ginjer

Not sure if someone has told you yet, but double exp weekends don't show up on your "boost". You still get the double. Watch how much exp you actually get for kills and such. Should be double what you normally get. 1500 points for an extreme menace kill is most certainly double exp.
  14. Cromell

Wait until the servers are up, geez. Should be another 30 minutes before you can play...
  15. wannaspeed

yes, I have seen this happen before. No worries they will come back. Its probably something with the server still being down. They must also shut the server down that shows your characters and server status. You would think they would give some sort of warning to not raise alarm

rude much? how's he supposed to know? he only asked a simple question. Didn't even rant or freak about it
  16. fergrim

Haha fair enough, same here on my older processor, but slightly better video card.

I find this game ridiculously easy to run.

I also play mechwarrior online, which I've spent a good amount of cash on.

And wannaspeed, that's the patch still patching. I get the same error when the servers are down.

Also, c'mon with the money spent thing.. Dropping 100 dollars on the first week of game play is either because you don't like doing research or you have 100 bucks to blow on a f2p. That's a very large investment for a first week player, who may not know if they like the game. And honestly don't you feel like, in doing so, it takes away the "meta" game? As in, paying to remove the joy of advancement which is what makes it MMO like in the first place, and gives it replayability.

And I personally spent 15 dollars within my first week of playing also, on membership time :] I just don't expect them to owe me anything aside from said premium time.
  17. SGT-Bilko

ok, so it is my fault, thanks I was about to cry lol
  18. SGT-Bilko

Happy birthday, you lose all your stuff (cry), seriously I was losing my mind lol.

So glad this is not the case.
  19. Schwak

I'm glad you are addressing the constant crashes that have been happening. Something else you should be aware of is AV turrets not rendering and still being able to hit you. I sat in a spot yesterday with a prowler farming some vanguards (ehueuhehue) and there was a couple AV turrets that I just could not Q spot or see for the life of me. It was incredibly annoying to be getting killed by something I physically could not fight back against. :(
  20. Sliced

Well if this patches makes the game more stable then I'm all for it.
    Since the last patch or two I have not had any crashing, including when closing the game.
    I finally get a stable 40-60fps on medium settings. (V-sync locked)
    So can't wait to see what this one does!