When is optimization patch going live?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saval, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Saval

2. Cab00se187

We'll be lucky if we get it by next year
    • Up x 4
  3. gigastar

Most likely we will see stuff going live by the end of this month.
  4. Cab00se187

Well, it was suppose to be live already but hey, maybe once the pop drops even more it'll clue into them to get their act together
    • Up x 1
  5. CEGrif

it was pushed back to allow for more testing
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

Code:
    Soon™
    • Up x 2
  7. Mezinov

It was originally scheduled to go live 30 Oct 2013; however it's launch to the Public Test Server (PTS) was delayed until 21 Oct 2013 due to the time it took to squash the numerous bugs on the internal build. This left insufficient time for the bugs identified and reported by players once the build was pushed to PTS to be parsed, replicated, identified and repaired.

As such the "official" date has been pushed back a week to 6 Nov 2013; however, as SOE has demonstrated in the past they will not push something to live just to make a deadline. As such it is very likely the 6 Nov 2013 date itself will be pushed back even further if either more bugs are identified or created in fixing the current bugs, or if the current build set to go to live is unsatisfactory to the department heads.

You will encounter two major camps in whether this is a good thing or not, but I personally prefer the approach SOE currently uses. It is disappointing to get home from work on patch day to see no patch, but not quite so disappointing to get home from work on patch day - download a patch - and then find out for some reason all the guns are now shooting backwards and hits only register on friendlies.
    • Up x 3
  8. ABATTLEDONKEY

I heard it was pushed back by one week, puttig release on this wed/thurs. but thats just what i heard. nothing concrete.
  9. Littleman

The test server has been constantly crashing on me. Push that to live, and anyone else that crashes within 20 minutes or just moving to a new zone and pops will bleed out even faster. People are more willing to grit their teeth through unforgivably low frame rates than they are through constant crashes.
  10. Cab00se187

doesn't crash for me
  11. Kioske

It was supposed to be last week (October 30th). Then they pushed it to November 6th. Hopefully.
  12. Xeenos

While its a sound theory, pretty sure they get a fair few bugs in their long awaited patches anyway. I quite expect the coming patch to be no different and for the game to be unplayable for a week.
  13. Pikachu

Mid novemeber for first part. Last part goes online in mid february.
  14. Littleman

You are totally a representative of the majority player base... just like me!
  15. tralalog

the devs are just waiting for bf4 and cod ghosts to both be live. ps2 will lose a large player base and in turn makes the game less laggy, and the ps2 devs can say its because of their updates
    • Up x 1
  16. Cab00se187

That was the point. Besides, the test server is so dead that no one can get a good representation on this apparent optimization. Ya, My fps is a stable 60 fps but when no one is around I can't tell if it's even working
  17. Littleman

That's the LAST thing they'll get to test. Anyone that's still crashing frequently on the test server, they can probably expect that number to climb at least 10x when the Live crowd is introduced to it. A report is automatically generated whenever someone's client crashes, so they'll know how bad the situation is on the PTS and have an idea of how bad it could be on Live.
  18. Cab00se187

So, because you crash everyone is crashing, that's what I'm reading from your post. Just like what I said, mine isn't crashing which doesn't mean I speak for everyone. And this is suppose to be the optimization patch but maybe your right and everyone is crashing except me. :rolleyes:
  19. randomusername146

one day before ps4 release.
    • Up x 1
  20. MrMurdok

When it's ready.