Thoughts on the new old nights and black nights.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by CrazyCanadian24, Oct 26, 2013.

1. CrazyCanadian24

IT'S A TRIPLE POST!!!!!! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. ajma

Nights could be even darker.
    • Up x 1
  3. gzero

When Sony said that night time in the game would alter gameplay, all we got was a dimmer version of daytime. Having players be able to manipulate a bases light strategically would certianly add more depth into approaching a base at night, I think this could be something they could look at atleast.
    • Up x 4
  4. WildThyng

Non-Lethal Pyrotechnic

A flare is a non-lethal pyrotechnic that produces a bright light without producing an explosion. Some flares produce heat, but most function as light during night-time military operations. Typically, flares are used to provide signals between friendly forces and illuminate enemy targets and positions.
    • Up x 1
  5. CrazyCanadian24

I'm not sure if you missed that part, are trying to be a smarta**, or if the department of redundancy department has arrived... I'm hoping it's the former.
  6. Xeenos

Huh, i run with most settings on high, but graphics setting i think is set to low because of the damn fog/dust in the game. The game is just so much clearer and pretty with the graphic fog/dust/smog layer removed. Had no idea it affected the light at night.. eash.

Though to be fair, the lighting here might be different at night then on Earth, i mean there are a lot more things in the sky that light up the night. On a full moon i can see clearly at night, now if we had all the **** around us that Araxis has it might be full moon light almost all the time.
  7. ironeddie

I had a love hate relationship with the black nights we had in beta. It made combat harder but i liked the added challenge that those nights brought.

I'm not sure as I would want total pitch black though. I think players should be able to find there way without needing a flash light or nv. Just those things would make it much easier. Would enjoy it being darker than it is currently though.
  8. ScrapyardBob

I'm not sure they can go much darker then Indar is on test at the moment. It's at a pretty good location from my playing on test server this evening.

Pitch-black would be taking it too far.
  9. LucasPiazon

I wouldn't say pitch black, just barely any visibility past 10 meters. This would not apply indoors and the effect tapers off the closer you are to a building with lighting in it. The sky would be more visible that the ground because of celestial objects reflecting light, or something like that.
    • Up x 1
  10. Copasetic

I don't think they should raise the price of the NV scope. You have to think of new players just starting the game, asking them to put down 100 hard earned certs just to be able to fight at night just isn't fair.
    • Up x 2
  11. Arkenbrien

That is for the sniper scopes, and not for the non-sniper scopes. Non sniper scopes would still be 30 certs.

If the night were to become darker, the devs should remove the sway from the NV scope, but make it unusable during the day.
    • Up x 1
  12. R3dBeaver

i love the idea of having it even darker...

...but i got a question: how much is muzzle flash (or lazer flashes for the Vanus...) are affecting current build and how will it affect this darker night idea?

i can imagine yes, totally dark, and u cant see anyone easily, which is great, until someone lets off a shot (even with silencer) and due to the super dark contrast, the flash goes so bright and grabbed everyone's attention.
  13. Torok

@OP very nice Suggestions, Here wishing we'll see a flaslight buff by the time the darker night comes, atleast that would be a start
    • Up x 1
  14. Takoita

Are you people all playing Vanu by any chance? Just wondering.
  15. Phyr

As the one guy on live with a flashlight I would love darker nights.
    • Up x 1
  16. WyrdHarper

Suppressors hide the muzzle flash; the tracers would probably give you away though.
  17. AnuErebus

Honestly I hope they never make nights darker on live. It's already annoying to see certain people against darker backdrops at night and I hate straining my eyes trying to see things on my screen. If I can't play without having to squint it's just not worth playing.
    • Up x 1
  18. CrazyCanadian24

This isn't about making you squint, this is about making night combat different from day combat, and making the game as a whole more immersive. If you hate it that much, then I'm sorry, but you're part of the problem with the modern gaming industry, and for that, I pity you.
    • Up x 3
  19. DeadliestMoon

Now now, there's no need for that.
    • Up x 1
  20. AnuErebus

I'm just voicing an opinion. If the fact that my eyes get tired makes me part of your problem with the modern gaming industry so be it. I don't think night needs to be drastically different than day in planetside and I don't think immersion is a reason to take away from what I perceive to be good gameplay, but again, it's just an opinion based on my own experiences.
    • Up x 1