Is there anything going to be done to daltons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFullCologne, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TheFullCologne

oh look a lib! lets fly right under it maintaining the same flight path the whole way until i can touch his belly! ohhhhhhh shucks..... wtf opopopop needs nerf!!!

to anyone saying to nerf the dalton:

2. MFP_TK_01

This thread is new and exciting!
    • Up x 9
  3. Cinnamon

It should only really be unfair in most cases if the gunner is using an aimbot.
    • Up x 3
  4. tastyBerryPunch

Nope.
    IMO the real problem here is the ingame physics engine for flying. Gravity is really poorly done. A liberator which turns it's belly up should start falling sooner and faster. Same with ESFs, some manouvers should be effected by gravity way more. It would really improve the flying aspect of the game. Ofcourse some MLG pro l33t pilots would cry rivers of tears.
    • Up x 11
  5. tastyBerryPunch

I know of one of those guys. Liberator with aimbot gunner is really OP.:D
  6. JonboyX

And yet, ironically, bombing from any real altitude with a Dalton is a futile effort. If you have to land 4-5 shots on a tank to kill it, what's the point?
  7. Oraculum

Oh those guys, yeah I remember fighting one of these bellygun AA libs. I kept flying in erratic patterns and afterburning all over the place, putting a vortek volley into him whenever his belly wasn't pointing at me or I felt I was a safe distance from him.

Fight ended with the pilot sending me an angry tell, telling me to "keep exploiting my speed". Yeah nice one Mr. Vanu pilot. Have you seen any ZOEs around lately?
  8. Cougarbrit

Try it for yourself and see how hard it is before crying for nerfs.
  9. Progapanda

You're funny.
  10. Tytos

you can't fly higher then 1000m, if the max. flight height would be 2000m, this would be less of a problem but a lib with a Dalton who is basically farming ESF's by flying at max height so everybody is beneath it, is broken.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheFullCologne

no you can fly same height as them, and keep moving and dodging, never stand still. if you get hit by a dalton you got OUTPLAYED. thats it.
  12. Kociboss

*cough* *cough*

• Up x 2
  13. uhlan

Well, the physics are based on a planet called Auraxis affecting vehicles made out of nanites in the 30th...
    • Up x 1
  14. John_Aitc

I agree that there is no need for a change. I am a very poor pilot, and even I can take out a Lib occasionally because I have learned to always stay a little above the Lib. If the Lib goes belly up, I just follow his roll to keep my position relative to the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  15. KodiakX

If that guy was an aimbot it's the worst aimbot I've ever seen in my entire life. There was at least 5 opportunities if he was an aim bot to gun the mossie down instantly. It wasn't until the mossie closed distance and flew alongside him that he got blown up.
  16. Santondouah

Actually an ESF that takes a lib for serious (by staying >100 m from it and not flying straight to him) is veru hard to hit with a dalton. If weapon is that OP, why don't you take a lib instead of your scythe ? You would be effective against both ground and air targets with that amazingly easy to use Dalton.
  17. Sovereign533

Really? OP, you're funny. With this thread about the Dalton taking out ESF's in 1 hit is the same as crying about the Vanguard's TITAN-AP and the Galaxy's hull.
    Because all 3 of those 'weapons' (and I use that term loosely) will kill an ESF in 1 hit, if it's in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    If you're staring into the barrel of a Dalton you're supposed to die, if the guy is very experienced and very skilled with the gun and he manages to hit you when you fly by you should also die.
    And it's the same with the TITAN-AP, if you're low enough and you're staring into the barrel of the TITAN-AP you're supposed to die.
    And the exact same thing again with the Galaxy, if you're staring at his windshield and not moving aside you're supposed to die. If he manages to intercept you in mid air and ram you, you're again supposed to die.

In all these cases there is nothing wrong with the 'weapons', but with you.
  18. Flapatax

I feel that Hanlon's Razor probably applies a bit. In any case, this is human error. ESFs aren't meant to go toe to toe with a lib if they're just going to hover or fly straight.
  19. Pikachu

Nerf dalton damage against aircraft and infantry. It's an AV weapon. Just like MAX AV weapons.
    • Up x 2
  20. MFP_TK_01

Thank you for providing us with evidence that you don't have a grasp on fighting in a 3 dimensional battle ground. When you can no longer V-thrust over a liberator on the Y plane, rotate aircraft 90 degrees and continue V-thrust on the X plane.