Some Observations I've Made while Fighting DA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megaman3300, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ender

We don't insist on running around on foot, "all the time." We just figure that since that's how you capture points....it's probably best to..... be best at the action that actually takes points, crazy I know. We do vehicle runs pretty frequently truth be told, but they're usually to accomplish something instead of sit in them and protect them as long as possible. The great thing about players with a base level of competency as infantry? It usually means they're pretty good with vehicles should we decide to pull them as well.
  2. Giggily

I am MLG rank in both shooting men while having foots and also while shooting men while inside of metal box, your move Obama.
  3. deggy

I wasn't saying that as an insult. It's my impression that you guys redeploy a lot and are really mobile, and that's not an armored style of movement.
  4. Giggily

You can redeploy a lot and still get in plenty of vehicle time in. Sure, you lose your vehicle when the fight dies, but going somewhere else to actually play the game is a lot more fun than just sitting in a Harasser staring at an empty base.
    • Up x 2
  5. deggy

Nah, if you know how to drive a tank you're never bored staring at a base. There's always something to kill further down the line, that piss-poor 250-1000 XP for a base capture is nothing.
  6. Giggily

Except there are tons of times where a tank column is just sitting at a spawn room while they have 80-90% population advantage in a hex. That, in my book, is a boring situation, and is when I would redeploy out of my lightning and go somewhere else. Yes, you may eventually find something to fight in that same tank later, or you could go somewhere else, wait for your timer to come off cooldown, and just grab another tank if you want to.
    • Up x 1
  7. deggy

If they'd lower the resource cost to 250 like it used to be, I'd do that all the time. But if I redeploy and find that I need another tank, I'm sunk for a good 5-15 minutes until I can build resources for it.

I NEVER sit on one place and stare at the spawn room. Once the gens go down and the point flips, I hunt in the square kilometer around the base for hidden Sunderers then move further down the line to look for enemy armor. Shooting infantry is crap certs.
  8. Giggily

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. deggy

A Vanguard, killed from behind, with two Extreme Menaces in it, is worth over 1700 XP for me, as well as being worth a hell of a lot more pride.

That's 17 infantry kills, and that Vanguard didn't take 17 shots to kill. Efficiency.
  10. Tristan

And he said III didn't know what I was talking about?
  11. Tristan

Except that you only get 14 kills per hour in your magrider, and I'm sure they're not all vanguards.
  12. deggy

If only people didn't bail out of vehicles. Maybe if I farmed infantry more my stats would look better.

Or did you bother to check my kill board when you looked at my stats?

At least my UBGL isn't my second-best weapon.
  13. Giggily

My KPH with the HE Lightning is 120 and my XP/min with it is over 500. Of course I only break it out for clustered infantry.
  14. Tristan

Funny, because you can see on my stats that I don't have many kills at all with any non-AV weapon on the magrider. And I still have four times your usefullness. Most good players also simply shoot the people who bail from their vehicles.
  15. deggy

I don't claim to know how Planetside Intel calculates "Impact", but it disagrees with you when you claim that you're four times as useful as me.

I could care less about K/D Ratios, by the way.

Edit:
    You: http://www.planetside-intel.com/character.php?id=5428010618038264081&view=summary
    Me: http://www.planetside-intel.com/character.php?id=5428011263374633105&view=summary
  16. Tristan

Ahahaha you are reaching so hard, aren't you? Let me post Chico's image again.

[IMG]

As you can see, I have better stats than you across the board, except for your total Kills and Vehicle Kills, of which you have barely two or three times across the whole vehicle as I do with ten times the playtime. How thick are you? Baddie.

On top of this, because you're a 'dedicated tanker', I'm better than you on foot and in the air. Because I'm versatile. Just stop.
  17. deggy

Now compare the FPC. I haven't used HEAT rounds in months. Probably because *drumroll* I like killing tanks.

Also, what site is that, I don't recognize it?
  18. ChicoFuerte

Deggy:
    K/D0.87
    K/D + Assists 1.21
    Assists 2,569
    Kills 6,581
    Deaths 7,533
    Score 6,841,395
    Score Per Min 168.63
    Play Time 28 d, 4 hr, 10 min
    Facility Defended 1,557
    Facility Captured 1,697
    Medals 1,252

Tristen:

K/D 3.24
    K/D + Assists 3.84
    Assists 2,610
    Kills 14,075
    Deaths 4,341
    Score 8,123,156
    Score Per Min 466.29
    Play Time 12 d, 2 hr, 21 min
    Facility Defended 1,156
    Facility Captured 250
    Medals 1,270

My guess: it weighs facility captures and defenses heavily. Which is funny because you can't take a point in a tank, and DA rarely sits around for a cap to go through (you're welcome.)
  19. deggy

The more members of your outfit pull stats from everywhere trying to tear down my playstyle and say I'm "bad", the lower my opinion of you goes.

Keep at it.
  20. Giggily

I'm pretty sure it weighs play time in pretty heavily as well.
    • Up x 1