[NC] Praetorian Guard

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Hosp, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ghstmarauder

How we deploy into a Tech Plant
    • Up x 1
  2. Neilas Astelan

Bump for one of the best outfits I've ever been in on Connery.
    • Up x 1
  3. BFAST

4. Hosp

Well said Bfast. :D

Anyhow, we recently had to reject an applicant. His name and most of his response will be withheld. That being said, here's a bit of what he said;

While I don't disagree that many zerglings perform admirably as fodder, it doesn't mean we just sit back and enjoy the farm. We go in, K/D be dam*ed. But Munroe (currently inactive), replied better than I could've before I saw his response this morning;

His response was cutoff so I paraphrased what I believe he meant at the very end. That being said, I've emphasized this time and again. While K/D is a decent indicator of how you perform in your job, it's quite a bit less important than being able to be a team player and making yourself better in the process. Our activity is low and if we've got more than 1 squad going we're having a good day. But in spite of that, our presence is always felt on the battlefield. PG Leads the way for a reason, but that reason isn't K/D.
    • Up x 3
  5. MuNrOe

6. NyaR

Please join PG.

Don't be a lemming and join recursion, they're about to disband and rename next week anyway.

PG been around.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hosp

Recursion is cool.

But after a nice large culling, we're still open to recruits...active recruits who don't plan to leave the game a week after joining. :eek:
  8. Karion

Shout out to my outfit. Missing the game. Be back soon I hope.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghstmarauder

• Up x 1
  10. SNAFUS

Great group of guys. Always a pleasure fighting them and the rest of the ARA.
    • Up x 2
  11. Hosp

[IMG]

Amerish Alert that ended tonight [8.13.13 @ 20:15 CST]
    • Up x 1
  12. Neilas Astelan

You know you're awesome when one of the Devs trash talks for you. PG!
    • Up x 1
  13. SNAFUS

I feel obligated to farm arclegger for TR's E-honor.
    • Up x 2
  14. Hosp

Happy Monday Everyone o_O
  15. Hosp

Does anyone have any home remedies for Dry Socket? I mean, we're still recruiting.
  16. Hosp

Status Update:

We are currently reviewing our application process and, for a limited time, will be implementing a simplified application process. What does this mean for prospective recruits? It means you won't necessarily have to join our forum (though we strongly encourage it), and will have a couple options for entry. So applicants get some leeway and, potentially, faster entry into the outfit to begin their trial periods.

That being said, we expect to be recruiting quite a bit in the weeks to come. Due to that, we will be clamping down more during day-to-day operation to cull weak links.

Feel free check us out and apply @ http://thepraetorian.enjin.com/home (Actual application form not yet updated. I will bump with another status update when it is)
  17. Hosp

Status Update:

Recruitment Policy has changed as well as our application having been simplified.

Two ways to join are:

1) Apply at our forum via the application (linked in post above).

2) Join one of our open squads in game and show you know how to follow the leader. If a member notices you, you may be asked to join and that potentially bypasses the application.

In either event, as mentioned above, entry may be easier, but failure to perform will result in getting culled.
  18. P0INTMAN

PG is still leading the way, accomplishing things that other larger outfits only dream of and tell stories about. If you want to make an impact and be apart of a team of warriors, join us.

If you want to zerg endlessly with large numbers and not think, join some other outfit.
  19. P0INTMAN

We had a new guy join the outfit the last few days, a dedicated galaxy pilot. he showed a few of us some stuff some of us hadn't had the opportunity to look at yet. The difference between PG and other outfits is that other outfits can be shown something interesting, and they'll say 'hey, cool... now lets get back to the fight'. PG, on the other hand will take a look at it, observe it and figure it out, and see how it can be used tactically both for our ends and against us. Likewise if we see a tactic we like, we steal it, figure out how to improve it and then employ the refined result against our enemies to their horror.

We see the game on another level that most other outfits don't. We make the effort to better understand the game's mechanics and how everything works. Apply a high degree of tactical squad cohesion, highly skilled players and an ethos of professionalism to this level of knowledge, and you have a force that can only be described as awesome.

Join us.
  20. WaaWaa

I remember calling on PG to open Dagda on Forseral in PS1 multiple times. When they showed up, we almost always got it, and if not it was a dam close fight.

Miss those days. Anyway, yea they are the real thing. Even tho I'm on Mattherson NC, I know PG is a good outfit that understands how to make small numbers work in a fight.

It's that philosophy that you don't need a zerg to get everything done that makes small outfits great. They're the scalpel, zergs are the hammers. Different purposes, but some of us want to be surgeons not blacksmiths :p

Much <3 to my PG bros. Miss playing with them on the same server. Keep the dream alive gents!
    • Up x 1