Miller unplayable during alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tuxtard, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Nexium

First of all, tell me which part of my post is not true. I made two points:

(a) TR are dominating the WDS
    (b) TR have had a pop advantage on Miller for an extended period of time

With regards to (a), TR hold a significant lead in 5 out of 8 servers, with Matherson having ~250points in the difference. With regards to (b), you play on Woodman so you have no clue, but the screenshot posted in the previous page is not abnormal. TR pop regularly reaches 37-40% even at the height of prime time.
    • Up x 1
  2. Rene Korda

This one:

This problem has nothing to do with Miller. The truth is that TR performance on Miller is in line with TR's performance in general across all servers and their population advantage which has held steady for an extended period of time.

TR performance is abnormally successful and not in line with their performance on Woodman, Connery, Mattherson or Ceres.
  3. Rene Korda

Correction: TR performance on Miller.
  4. Zombo

don't tell anyone my friend.. it's a secret...

all factions have two enemy factions playing against them :eek:
  5. Zombo

TR have the highest damage output in most regards, which is very important in vehicular combat, namely the prowler being the fastest and highest damage tank (magrider attacking? dont bother turning, just deploy and kill him from the front while he can't kill you from the F***ING REAR) as well as the (yes, i am stating the obvious) Striker and Fracture Max, which is just totally hillarious compared to what NC and VS got as anti vehicle weapons for maxes and infantry
  6. Botji

I think what he means is that the TR performance on Miller is pretty much = to TR of other servers based on their population. Miller TR with 33% isnt performing significantly better than TR with 33% pop on another server.

TR on Miller that doesnt have the population advantage isnt that scary at all, if VS or NC seems to be winning the alerts their pop usually goes up to about 40% too and there is nothing the pitifull low 30% ish TR can do about that faction, they get stomped like everyone else. If they were overperforming they would be able to put up a fight even when another faction holds the pop advantage but just like any faction on any server, it doesnt happen.
  7. Rene Korda

Hmm, Woodman VS tend to perform better than the other factions per unit of population and lately we've been winning most alerts despite a TR overpop. I would expect TRAM to perform in the same fashion, though I obviously cannot ascertain it due to not playing on Miller.
  8. Goretzu

Yeah ironically it is about right for Miller, but that's actually the WDS scores. TR is massively dominanting there, unsurprisingly at it is the overpop faction on most servers now.
  9. Darkraver

Tr has always 10 % pop more on Miller .
    And the WDS serie why bother ? the overpop population wil win like always .
    Soe better can give the TR the Extra Xp so more PPL can jion them becouse they got more XP :S
  10. ChipMHazard

No, TR doesn't always have 10% more pop on Miller. That is blatantly false.
  11. Redshift

It does during alerts, but that's not our fault, that's the nc and vs who can't stand a fair fight and switch to almost guarantee a win.
    The other problem is the length of the alerts, the winning team is almost sure it's members will stay on for the whole 2 hours to get the exp, there's nothing stopping the loosing sides logging off if something pops up IRL. The longer an alert is the more the population will skew to the winner.
  12. Nonorf

80% of the time.
    LOL
  13. NC_agent00kevin

On Waterson, almost every time the TR lose, someone starts in about some secret VS/NC alliance or they cry about the Zerg.

There is no alliance, but we do enjoy it when the TR dont win an alert. Probably because we keep finding TR squadrons and armor columns at fights 10 bases away from their own territory. Cant capture anything, have plenty of fights on their own fronts, but there they are.
  14. Redshift

I don't see anything erroneous in that comment, the population shift during alerts is because VS and NC log onto TR, i.e., there's a group of players on your empires which would rather steamroll a win on alts than have a fair fight with their mains.
  15. pnkdth

Seriously, TR, stop coming in here talking about "fair fights." It is easy acting all holier than thou when you have massive numbers backing you. Playing on Miller, as VS and NC, feels like some co-op survival game when you have to fight increasingly difficult and numerous waves of enemies.

It is getting as old as the tired "...but you don't know how boring it is to camp spawn shields." Oh, really? "You VS/NC get a target rich envoirment." Indeed? Then why don't your outfit seperate yourselves from the zerg and come pick a fight? Better yet, come fight with us on the VS or NC. Maybe we'll make a true solider out of you. RAWR!
    • Up x 3
  16. maxkeiser

Just been in the Esamir alert on Indar (still going on). World pop is 36 and 36 for TR and NC. On Esamir TR have 50%+ of the pop. So basically NC just can't be bothered to take on the TR.

World pop is even. NC are NOT outnumbered. They have just chosen not to utilise their resources in fighting the alert.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nonorf

I lol'd because even without this 4th faction effect, population isn't balanced at all. Vs still remain at 28-30, 80% of the time, 4th faction or not.
    So don't tell me about fair fight.
    • Up x 1
  18. Redshift

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0&allfactions=false

It's been pretty stable over the past month, VS does look lowest more often, but not by much.

You'll also notice any time there's a spike in any empires pop it's roughly over a two hour period.

Lol as much as you like you're still spouting crap without evidence.
    • Up x 1
  19. ChipMHazard

When we mention population are we referring to world pop or continent pop?
  20. Nonorf

yeah 8-10% world pop, is not that much...

World.