Miller unplayable during alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tuxtard, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Gobmi

Yep I canceled my sub also. My main char is in Miller and even though I do OK stats wise the game play is not FUN.

Sadly I'm slowly drifting away from this great game :-(
  2. LordCreepy

I do have nc/vs chars and I also play them from time to time. But after all I'm loyal to my outfit (which is TR).
    Btw. working for an alert win as an outfit is often less rewarding in terms of exp, than actual farming for exp during the alert like most lone wolfs do ( even with the end bonus).
    We redeploy from bases that are being capped, to defend somewhere else for example.
  3. Sovereign533

4. Rayden78

Doesnt look typical .. Vanu have Hvar
  5. Loui5D

And we have Tarwich.
  6. Rodinvac

I would recommend to just play on another server, maybe as a different faction too. Starting a new character does suck, but it's so nice finally having again fun fights between mostly-equal forces.
  7. tuxtard

This Domination thing is really making things even worse. Exponentially so. I will create new NC char on Ceres. It can't be much worse then on Miller. If that doesn't work, than I hate to say, there is really no point in playing fps game designed like this.
  8. Redzy

Hope they decide to cut this WDS crap short and fix imbalance instead.
  9. Qel

Think the best we can hope for sadly is that the TR win by an absolutely huge margin (which they will obviously) so SOE can finally get it into their heads just how big a problem it is for NC and VS. Sadly I personally don't think it is just down to population and 4th faction but Myka has made that point well enough elsewhere, several TR weapons are just plain better and easier to use than the NC/VS equivalents so of course new players will join them and people will reroll, the only people who will stay or quit are those with outfit or faction loyalty but that will only go so far.
  10. gnometheft

Lol TR will say anything to keep their overpop advantage. Nice try, how about you look at the WDS scoredboard for miller hmm?
  11. ChipMHazard

While it's not just the TR that experience the 4th faction joining their side during an alert it is by far the situation most of the time, and as postal wrote it makes for some damn boring alerts. It's apparently been so bad for so long that even when the NC/VS and TR pops are more or less even the NC/VS still doesn't give a crap about continental alerts (Unless it's on Indar and then everyone suddenly wants to play) or even worldwide alerts. It's clearly not very fun for most of the people involved.
    Of course there are exceptions to this where alerts are actually hard won fights and fun.

I get why people join the winning side, I just don't fully understand if they know that they won't be getting that much xp because of the participation requirement. As in the 4th faction often joins the winning side when said side is close to winning the alert, which means those who joined won't be getting that much xp.
    • Up x 1
  12. Xasapis

You know what's funny about that scoreboard? That the score mirrors rather accurately the faction population percentage on each server and overall.
    • Up x 1
  13. FreedomPeddler

NC just got Continental Lock on Esamir. And TR won the Alert before that with %1 more Territory. So it's actually possible to do something with organized Efforts. Isn't it?
  14. FreedomPeddler

Update: NC warpgated both TR and VS on Esamir. :eek:
  15. ArmedGoose

You forgot to mention that no one else besides the smurfs was there...
  16. asmodraxus

There is a tacit undeerstanding NC get Esamir VS gets Ameris,, Indar is open season to some extent.

If only to combat the TR swarm
  17. GamerOS

Someone should mention this to the VS, they keep trying to take Mani biolab.
  18. Redzy

From my understanding, the VS didn't really understand much. NC tonight was brilliant on Esamir and the alert that came afterwards, whereas VS was doing an Amp station giveaway by completely ignoring Dahaka and Amerish.
  19. Phrygen

sounds like an awful server to me frankly.
    • Up x 1
  20. Qel

You have to understand the guy you're replying to is just a troll with an overinflated opinion of himself and will continue with his posts of 'wow TR are awesome, join TR miller' until he figures out that all the NC/VS have quit and he has nobody to shoot at. At which point I'm guessing he'll start raging on here about how SOE need to do something.
    • Up x 7