remove alert till population is balanced (never)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kungflu, Sep 20, 2013.

1. kungflu

free certs ruining the game yo
    • Up x 2
  2. Chipay

fighting in an empty server in a few weeks is a better option?
  3. kungflu

sure why not. giving u free certs isn't a valid option. you'll have everything unlocked before the underdogs does.
  4. whitupiggu

Funny thing. We have fewer players now than we had before alerts were added.
  5. CL4p2p

As they are not already....
  6. Swoo

They will be worse without them. I know a lot of people who only play during alerts on all different factions.
    • Up x 1
  7. Chipay

Funnier thing, most people left before alerts were added.
    • Up x 1
  8. CL4p2p

Yeah it is logical that with these bad time , player log their character only in alert 'cause they are sure to at least have some decent battle , so if we disable it , that will be a desert land :/
  9. Qel

I think they should restrict alerts to a single continent at a time and stop them occurring on Amerish until it has lattice in place. Most factions if they want to fight an alert should be able to pop cap a single continent so you'd at least have a chance, the cross continent alerts are where population advantage really hurts and the lesser two factions are stretched too thin to compete for the win.
  10. maxkeiser

I love alerts - particularly the all-continent ones and the ones on Amerish. Just finished one on Woodman. Really enjoyed the fight though we lost. The winning or the losing makes little difference to whether it is fun or not.

Alerts give the best opportunity for massive platoon coordination and proper leadership: with defined goals and a time limit. Plenty of people (the majority I'd say) really like them.

Everyone gets more certs just for playing in the alert anyway. There are no losers.
    • Up x 2
  11. LordMondando

What do alerts accomplish to solve this at this point?

At the very least, they need to be off and stay off during prime time.

They are only encouraging wild population swings towards the largest side, they are not encouraging any good gameplay at this point.
  12. Rene Korda

No, alerts are the only thing that creates proper competition in this game right now.
  13. LordMondando

Here's a fun game.

[IMG]Whats causing the spikes in population?
  14. Rene Korda

Messed up pop balance on Miller, probably caused by 4th-factioning due to everyone expecting TR victory - a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Woodman had the same when VS dominated uncontested for several months. Recently, though, TR and, to a lesser extent, NC have pulled their **** together and started to compete properly on alerts (even ganged up on us VS several times). Result - VS still wins most prime time alerts, but not all of them and usually competition is quite serious, which results in good experience for everyone involved.

I don't see why the same solution does not apply to Miller and why you're calling for the developers to spoil the fun for everyone else instead. Pull yourselves together, create large outfits to gather the low-BR crowd for alerts (unless you can do without them, which, judging from Woodman experience, is doubtful), collude with VS against Miller TR if you cannot win otherwise. The fact that you get beaten in the game right now doesn't mean that something's wrong with the game.
  15. LordMondando

Its not as simple as that.

We are not just up against some disorganised mess that happens to be larger. As i've detailed elsewhere, the TR force is highly organised and is augmented nearly every alertby 100-150 4th fractioniers.

I fail to see how founding a new zergfit would remedy that.

Nor is Miller the only server with problems, its simply the only one I've spent 10 months studying and playing on.
  16. maxkeiser

And the problem is that NC on miller is largely an unoranised rabble (based on my experience and comparison with playing with Vanu on Woodman). Platoons don't coordinate, half the population is sucked into fighting in a biolab (or something) etc etc etc.

If NC on Miller actually got their act together and worked as ONE FACTION instead of lots of individual squads doing their own thing they could get stuff done.
    • Up x 1
  17. LordMondando

Several outfits are trying, the issue is to be blunt about it, outfits like your own, whom we never hear from.

Indeed, there has been increasingly heavy level of cooperation from JNJ, ABTF, CONZ, LYF, XDT etc etc etc in the past few weeks.

Problem is a huge amount of NC players are not in outfits, or in outfits that simply do not engage, or rather due to their lack of structure and leadership cannot effectively engage.

So again to be blunt about it, more NC need to join good (not ****) outfits.

All of this, 'need to organize more' has been in full swing for weeks if not months.

IF your not seeing it, start asking serious questions about your outfit or lack there of.