Why havent strikers been fixed yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Vixxing

Well the diffrence is 700 more damage and faster lockon time 700 damage thats quite alot...
  2. Vixxing

Fly much? If you dogfight and other pilot is a coward and locks on to you, and you flare! Congratulations you died... Cause the striker user 450m away that sees you, lockon and fire in 2.25s and if your in a dogfight theres NOTHING you can do about it, so you sir are full of S hit.. (happened soooo many times)
  3. Slandebande

Well perhaps never was a bit exaggerated, I'll give you that. In a scenario like the one you described it isn't the Striker working alone though, it's 2 people attacking you together. And if it's a dog fight scenario and an Annihilator locks on to you, the same result would happen more often than not. As soon as you pop your flares you are taking risks by staying away from having cover available. I'm not saying it's possible to always play safely if you want some action, but not many things in PS2 give that

You do still have a chance to break line of sight to break the lock-on resulting in all the Striker missiles shifting their course towards the Moon, it's not like you are completely powerless.

That's certainly constructive.
  4. axiom537

That math is WRONG...

For one thing you can not add launch time + travel time, the two start at the same time and overlap one another. Besides which the travel time is relatively irrelevant especially in regards to lock-on rockets, if the air craft is locked on it is either going to pop flairs and break lock or it is going to evade and the time between reloads will not effect a single target most of the time.

Just for the sake of argument lets adjust the math and ignore travel time, then the DPS for the striker is 231 dmg/sec while the annihilator is 155 dmg/sec, which gives us a difference of Approx. 33%, so in terms of DPS the striker does 33% more powerful.

I do not agree with using DPS to measure the difference between lock-on launchers. I do not think it gives us an accurate picture of damage output because of the mechanic, but again for the sake of argument, 33% is still a significant difference.
    • Up x 1
  5. axiom537

If the Annihilator hits your Air craft it does around 850 damage, when the Striker hits the same aircraft it does somewhere in the neighbor hood of 1650. Do you think it would be easier for an ESF to finish off another esf that only has 850 hp left or one that has 1650 HP left?

If you said the one with 850 hp left, then you would be correct and you might even begin to understand why TR ESF and Liberators are getting significantly more kills then their NC & VS counterparts and why the striker is not balanced and it is impacting other aspects of the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jube

If I could trade my Striker for a Lancer I'd do it a heartbeat and never look back. Why the VS doesn't embrace the Lancer is beyond me.
  7. Strikejk

8. axiom537

Because it requires a certain skill level and targets in the 400-500m range are difficult to hit, for no other reason then the dot covers the target. Where as the striker highlights any targets in range <500m and all the user needs to do is keep the weapon aimed inside the giant green box.

I love the Lancer as well and it is devastating in organized groups, but in a zerg the striker is far superior, because of its ease of use, especially while on the move.
  9. axiom537

That's great and all, but DPS is a horrible measure for a lock-on rocket...

On a side note you are still comparing a dedicated AV/AA Launcher vs the Striker, which is both and comparable to the Annihilator and not those two. But for the sake of argument, The striker scores a 227 while the others score a 187, that means the striker is doing 22% more damage, then a DEDICATED common pool lock-on launcher.

Thank you for further highlighting the problem and lack of balance in this weapon.
  10. MorganM

If only it was just those.
    Fracture is an amazing AI and AV gun
    Jaguar is an epicly awesome carbine
    Mosquito handles great and is the fastest right out of the box
    TRAC-5 is a great gun and it's default
    T1 Cycler is a great gun and it's default
    TX Repeater is a great gun and EVERY TR has it because it's default pistol. It's seriously like having a bust fire AR on your hip!
    Maruader is second only to Prowler HEAT rounds for King AI Farm Weapon.

It's no one thing... it's an aggregate of things that range from above average to clearly OP.

I played TR to BR56... switched to VS till BR56... I switched back to TR because I know the epic farm isn't going to last. They will get nerfed and I want to get as much XP as I can before they do! You just can't ignore how awesome it is being TR.
  11. Jube

Fine so long as, IF it does break lock you lose you full charge and have to start over, then you'll know what it's like when your rockets just fly off in the stratosphere.
  12. Strikejk

Good point, I'll add the NS lock-on aswell :)
    You don't have to forget that the Striker is a special Weapon for TR use only. These weapons always have more DPS or other much better improvements to regular weaponry. :)
    (e.g. TR minigun)

Also (like all TR weapons) the Striker has great DPS (except now, because of the bug) but great disadvantages aswell:
    1. Extrem long time out-of-cover
    2. Can be negated by Flairs
    3. Much more rockets have to hit
    4. The shown DPS only apply when the enemy is staying in range. Normally they move out so you can shoot maybe 1 missile only. In this case 1x1500 dmg is far better then 1x500 dmg.

People really have to think about a weapon before ranting about their dps value on a paper.
  13. EvilJollyT

[IMG]
  14. axiom537

I would like for you to show me where other empire specific weapons have greater DPS, then their counterpart NS-Weapons, and if they do, are they 22%-25% more powerful like the Striker is over the NS-Lock-ons. I know it is not the case for the Phoenix or the Lancer, if you equate them to the shrike or decimator.
  15. Strikejk

16. Strikejk

“Good point, I'll add the NS lock-on aswell :)
    You don't have to forget that the Striker is a special Weapon for TR use only. These weapons always have more DPS or other much better improvements to regular weaponry. :)
    (e.g. TR minigun)
    Also (like all TR weapons) the Striker has great DPS (except now, because of the bug) but great disadvantages aswell:
    1. Extrem long time out-of-cover
    - but you are mobile, so you can still move around. Also this game has a rendering issue, so this weapon is able to engage vehicles before infantry even render. Sorry this excuse holds no water.
    -you are as mobile as any other weapon and rocketlauncher (but for alot longer time!) in this game in zoom mode (slow base speed). Furthermore you can't get behind cover because you lose lock-on. Another point you forgot is that the lock-on range on vehicles is around 300m so infantry will be rendered when they shoot you with the striker. I wonder if you are playing this game. Sorry your excuse holds no water.
    2. Can be negated by Flairs
    - So do the other lock-on launchers
    -you are comparing a Special TR use only weapon with a rocket launcher? Biggest garbage i've ever seen. Did you see anyone compare the VS Laz0r cannon with a rocketlauncher? NO!
    3. Much more rockets have to hit
    - Only 3 need to hit to out damage the Annihilator, besides its not like you need to AIM. I'm sorry but keeping your target ina a big green box doesn't count.
    -To do 1500 damage yes, but not the same DPS because you still lack the time of 2 fired rockets, the higher reload speed, the time to hit the target and probably other stuff. And don't forget you are out of cover for a longer time aswell. Please use your brain.
    4. The shown DPS only apply when the enemy is staying in range. Normally they move out so you can shoot maybe 1 missile only. In this case 1x1500 dmg is far better then 1x500 dmg.
    - Most ESF and no Ground vehicles are going to get out of range in time to avoid getting hit by most ofl those rockets. It also locks on 1 sec faster. I am 73% accurate with the Striker and 70% accurate with the Annihilator, similar weapons similar accuracy. So in terms of damage output I put on average 1875 damage into my targets with the striker and 1050 damage with the annihilator or I do about 44% more damage with the Striker. You show me someone with an accuracy level around 25% with the striker and 70% with the Annihilator then I would agree with this argument.
    -ESF get out of range, liberators aswell, high flying galaxys, vehicles get behind cover etc etc. Are you playing this game?!?
    Another point is that it doesn't lock on 1sec faster. It's 0,75s but you need more then 2 seconds longer to shoot every rocket and the rockets still need time to fly to the target awell.
    People really have to think about a weapon before ranting about their dps value on a paper.”

You still don't get it. It's an empire specific weapon, you can't compare it to other rocket launcher that easy. Every empire specific weapon or abillity is far superior to normal stuff.
    If you don't believe me, show me the vanguard shield on my prowler. Or the Lasher AOE splash damage weapon on my TR infantry. You can? NO. Do I compare the NC vanguard shield with my flares? NO. Why? It would be stupid.
  17. Strikejk

TR T9 Carv: 1787 DPS
    NS 15M: 1489 DPS
    TR T7 Minigun: 1906 DPS

Edit: Oh and it's only 21% more DPS (when they fix the reload bug), right now it does far less damage then the AV/AA rocket launcher.
  18. SolidSnake

Not really going to go into details here about being careful what you wish for. This is clearly a "grass is greener" scenario. The Phoenix camera guided mode is fun for about 15 minutes. TR HAs have been using the Striker for months on end, you rarely see any NC players using the Phoenix now, I wonder why that is...

Having 5 NC players using the Phoenix in a group only means two things, 5 easy standing still targets, firing 5 rockets that will more than likely not hit their target. You get a 5 Striker users group and no vehicle will come within 500m of your position. Who the f needs dumbfire or camera guided then? I have both, I use the Striker a hell of a lot more than the Phoenix. It's standard equipment when playing HA. I don't care if you find one "less fun" than the other. The fact remains one is a hell of a lot more useful than the other, hint, it's not the Phoenix.
  19. Strikejk

Final release (I was a bit sleepy and did horrible mistakes, sorry for that)
    [IMG]
  20. Strikejk

Strikers don't lockon 500m on vehicles.