Striker's on public sale today.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Unclematos7, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Zexis

I'm new to the game, is the Striker still a good investment? I heard it was nerfed recently.
  2. Pat Cleburne

Striker is worthless now. They might as well make them free
  3. Loui5D

Yaaay...
  4. ArmedGoose

This^^
    This is rather typical SOE behavior pattern - they push a sale just before an incoming nerf.

However... if memory serves the hottie who manages the shop said on one of the recent Friday night ops videos that they dont do such sale strategies. Oh, well, I believe it when I see it...
  5. huller

It is also know to have been developed with Hellfire rocket pod technology

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Regpuppy

could just be depleted uranium rounds, like some modern tanks use?
  7. Mustarde

If i could buy two strikers I would.

True story
  8. tralalog

this is a good sign actually. its on sale right before they nerf it, cause they know no one will want to buy it post-nerf
  9. Zotamedu

Still not buying one.
  10. LowTechKiller

I bought 3 more. They make great Christmas gifts.;)
  11. Tayradactyl Developer

Just to clarify, again, whenever something goes on sale it's pretty random. My only requirements are making sure that things don't go on sale too close to the last time they were on sale, and making sure things that are pretty cheap to begin with (hood ornaments, decals) aren't on there because that doesn't benefit you guys too much. To make sure there are no further unfortunate coincidences, the weapon balance guys look over everything to make sure there's nothing that will conflict with what they're doing. Beyond that things go on sale whenever they go and there's no further thought put into it.

In case that doesn't satisfy all of our tin foil hat needs, I set up this batch of sales before we had even begun planning the WDS. So there's that.
    • Up x 4
  12. RobotNinja

Was SOE trolling when they put the Phoenix and Lasher on sale previously?
  13. VoidMagic

Hey look the Brooklyn bridge only 750 SC!

:D
  14. UberBonisseur

DO NOT LET HER FOOL YOU. SHE WAS SENT BY THE TR OVERLORDS !
    http://2.bp.************/-NnbOACoKz4Y/TeblMQaLadI/AAAAAAAABsQ/SmVmV1LG_Pg/s1600/monty_python_witch.jpg

Also, she turned me into a Newt.
    • Up x 12
  15. o.Solei.o

Can we just get someone in here to complain about the Phoenix and the Lancer and call it a day? :rolleyes:
  16. KAHR-Alpha

Do you know that the Striker was stricken by undocumented changes in the last patches? Might not be the best time to have a sale because we don't know anymore what to expect from the Striker.
  17. BoomBoom4You

This is ForumSide, where the worst is assumed and you are all out to get us. For reals though, good work, ignore the haters, and I enjoy your presence on the FNO episodes.
  18. Eugenitor

This also works for TR and the Striker, but the key combination is different. Use Alt-F4 before firing the Striker.
    • Up x 6
  19. Cougarbrit

I heard SOE give all the money they earn off Planetside 2 to satanist cults spreading the dark arts and veruccas.
  20. Drealgrin

i am saving my smedbux for the new ESF weapons. it sure is taking a loooooooong time to get them.