Striker's on public sale today.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Unclematos7, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Unclematos7

What the tread's name says. If you've got 350 SC you can make it yours, member or not.
    Is SOE trolling us? Are they really putting this thing on SC discount during the World Domination Series?
    • Up x 1
  2. dragunov

Great time to switch to TR!!! :mad: Phoenix is so useless, NC dun even bother to try it
  3. KAHR-Alpha

In its current bugged incarnation the Striker is garbage, I'm back to the Grounder.
    • Up x 6
  4. IamDH

This is good news because people like this:
    Buy it then it gets nerfed
    • Up x 2
  5. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]
    • Up x 28
  6. Robes

7. EnviousCipher

Bought the Phoenix, and saw a heap more NC use it too, was rather effective today at Crimson Bluff.
  8. DashRendar

The Phoenix isn't useless, it just isn't up to the level of the Striker nor the Lancer. Too many limitations means it's much more situational.
    • Up x 3
  9. NoctD

Save your SC, spend 250 certs on Grounders instead. Profit.
    • Up x 2
  10. Jube

It's on sale because sales has dropped off.
    Every TR that wants it already has one, and is disappointed in it.
    Do ahead NC/VS players but it before it gets scrapped.
  11. BigMacDeez

I've already had my Striker for months now. I've used it to kill approximately 987764553796764384887577653 people, many of which were on different continents when I locked on to their vehicles. Each missile fired in turn became 5 more smaller missiles, went into a low orbit around Auraxis, then destroyed targets with the force of a 9999999999999999999999 kiloton hydrogen bomb.
    • Up x 12
  12. Rohnlex

This actually seems legit
  13. JonboyX

Many NC died to bring you this information
    • Up x 6
  14. DashRendar

myeh.
  15. NC_agent00kevin

The Phoenix and Lancer(?) are on sale as well; its an ESRL sale day.

I dont own a Phoenix yet; and didnt buy one. I got a full price camo instead with my leftover 512 SC. Guarantee I would have bought a Striker if I played TR enough though. I have a TR toon but dont play much anymore; I mainly made it to see how the enemy tools work in actual battle.

I do have a VS alt and it was a tough decision whether or not to get the Lancer but ultimately I got something I can use on either faction. I already have a Decimator and have hit Libs with it; and if Im engaging tanks on foot Im usually close enough to not need to replace an already great launcher with another.
  16. Tommyp2006

yup, my striker gets kills so easily I am actually having a hard time getting the gold medal for it. If only SOE went back to vehicle kills counting as kills...
  17. reticentbassist

I have a Striker and I am not disappointed in it. I love that thing. I also have a Grounder and a SKEP, and I always choose the Striker. I only wish I had known the Striker was coming before I paid SC for the Grounder and SKEP
  18. VoidMagic

buyer beware... GIANT STEAMING nerf is inevitable.
    • Up x 4
  19. Aegie

Probably has more to do with the necessary and impending changes that will/should/must bring it in line with other options- they put the other ESRL up for sale as well I believe. Yeah, I do not want to dust off my tinfoil hat but it does seem to be common practice for SOE to put items on sale just before a "fix". Makes sense from a business perspective I suppose.
  20. Liewec123

NOTE TO ALL NC:
    if you use phoenix press Ctrl+f10 to turn off the horrible HUD,
    it makes a world of difference to its usefulness!
    • Up x 1