The Striker was BUFFED? Now it keeps hitting after flares/smoke.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Peter Daniel, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Peter Daniel

Is this a know bug?

Now with my Lightning/Scythe after I pop the smoke/flares, I keep getting hit by Striker volley, and even if I move out of the way... It seems that, if it gets the lock, you cannot counter it!

Have I missed something? What is going on?
  2. HooWoo

It happens with all lock on missiles.

For me, anyways.
  3. Peter Daniel

:eek:

What? It is not a bug?

If they get the lock you cannot avoid it?
  4. MGP

ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!

Seriously.... It's a bug. It's the same for all lockons. Flares are bugged. They said they're fixing it.
  5. dragunov

Probably u got hit by MAX facture
  6. HooWoo

Well yeah of course it's a bug

But it happens not only with the striker, but with all lock ons.
  7. Peter Daniel

Really? On top of the World Domination Series!?
    As things were not has bad as they are! :(
  8. Phazaar

It's been happening since launch. Very well complained about and documented.

Don't listen to the 'it happens with all lock ons' nonsense from the TR fanatics - it does, but only if you flare whilst stationary or there's significant latency. It's a bug where they simply ignore flares (you can tell because now the rockets shoot for the ceiling when you flare, there's no chance it's residual vector). It's also not caused by lag. Playing with a friend on a computer next to me this bug frequently occurs (not as frequently as at launch), and just to be really subversive, the firer tends to be unaware because either the flares don't render for them, or the hits don't render for them.
  9. huller

In other news:

Tinfoil stocks are skyrocketing

Edit:
    Just *how* does this contradict the TR statement that this happens to every lock on launcher?
  10. Peter Daniel

But something is different. Now it always hit if it gets the lock.
  11. Vixxing

Yepp if they shoot b4 you flare, flare is useless, you must flare as soon as you get locked! (that means you can stay in striker territory roughly 8 seconds b4 you flee or die)
  12. Sovereign533

Well, I think it might be latency as well. I show an Annihilator missile to a Mossie, on my screen, it hit, he flared after the hit and then died while trying to get into cover. Said he reported me for bug abusing. While on my screen he clearly flared to late.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vixxing

Hahahahaha! Thats rich! TR getting a taste of his own medicine talking about bug abuse? TR been bug abusing for 6 months now with Stryker...
  14. Vixxing

And no its not that. Flared 2 seconds after lock and gotten hit 3-4 seconds later, latency CANT be 3-4000ms then server disconnects....
  15. Lucidius134

"Flares are broken" and do not work.

Go cert Fire Supp or something.
  16. LowTechKiller

First the Striker was supposedly broken, and now flares are supposedly broken?
    I would say I'm gonna miss all these tears when they're fixed, but I don't think pilots will ever stop crying. At least not until Liberators and ESFs can once again fearlessly hover over spawn rooms raining down their OP weaponry on infantry.

I'll take the falling tears over the falling explosives any day.:D
    • Up x 1
  17. Peter Daniel

I tested it again, if they get the lock and you pop smoke, the rockets hit you even if you move away...
  18. Phazaar

It isn't the same bug?...
  19. BigMacDeez

Look, this thread again.

Please, think of the children....no more Striker threads....
    • Up x 2
  20. Pat Cleburne

Im really sick of lying crybabys on these forums that cant stand dying by anything TR related so they make up lies to get things nerfed.

Thankfully BF 4 is out in a month and i can put this rotten game and community behind ne.