Small useful tips you may not know

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaligoIllioneus, Sep 7, 2013.

1. then00b

Use a suppressor, if you don't, I will find you, and kill you and all your friends and their pets without even appearing as a blip on your radar.
    • Up x 2
  2. ColdCheezePizza

bet some of you didnt know you could knife people thru invisible shields, killing those noobs that like to stand too close to the shield outside a biolab looking at the action inside never gets old.
    • Up x 2
  3. dopy7dvs

Most people who play may know this, but peeps new to the game may not. You CAN change your MAX loadout after you have spawned. Maybe you spawn a "burster" MAX to take out air and here comes the armor...go back to any infantry terminal, choose your anti-armor load out, and press re-supply. You now have your new loadout without new resource consumption! Make sure you have your MAX highlighted when you choose to re-supply or you may accidentally change classes.
    • Up x 3
  4. CaptainYamerica

Turn your darned laser sights off! (I believe the X key by default). They give away positions, and if you aren't TR you might be shot by people thinking it is a red tracer. you still get the benefits with it turned off.
  5. MarioO

Are you sure it is turned off for other players? I always thought it only disappears for the player using it but is still visible to all other players.
    Not that I leave it activated - it's just ugly.
    • Up x 1
  6. GlueHead

The laser is only off for you,
    but everybody else can se it... :/
    • Up x 5
  7. Sen7rygun

Rebind your knife key to something super easy to reach and practice hitting it fast in cqc. A knife hit takes more than half a players hp so a quick knife slash after only a few bullets in cqc will often see you winning encounters you may have otherwise lost.

Tagging a player with a sticky grenade (engineers) will usually result in 3 or 4 kills when your target panics and tries to retreat to cover with his team mates. Hilarious every time.

Don't buy into bullsh*t about whats cheap, dishonourable, OP or whatever. Killing efficiently and mercilessly is what this game is all about. There's nothing wrong with spamming a room full of grenades, unloading a rocket launcher point blank into someone's face and then going on a suicidal rampage into a huge pack of enemies. Its highly effective and heaps of fun, if you get tells about how noobish and cheap you are then you know you're doing it right.
    • Up x 7
  8. ToothpasteEater

And don't forget about pressing H to make mini-map bigger, now you won't need press M every time you're not sure where to go on those damn crotches and crossroads.

And one more tip: your body despawns after certain time, so turn off your UI (F10, but I'm not sure) to see if your dead body is still there before you start spaming "MEDIC!!!" in proxy. This is exceptionaly usefull for MAXs, because you'll probably wait for revive as much as you can before 350 resources are wasted.

Lol, I learned more from keybindings menu than from most of tutorial videos.
    • Up x 3
  9. randomusername146

you can jump on every branch of the big tree in the biolabs, even the highest ones, without being light assaultt.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Jackalmaster

-Rez grenades do not work on Maxes
    -Lattice Rules Already Apply to Amerish - You cant start a hack on a connecting enemy base if your base is being hacked unless you have another friendly base connected to it that isn't being hacked.
    -If you have a spawn beacon up, you can immediately spawn upon death by quickly pressing the map button when you die(skipping the death sequence), provided the spawn beacon timer is up.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jackalmaster

Squad Leader Smoke Rally Nades can be used to Mark Enemy Sundies for the rest of the empire. Enemies cannot see your SL Smoke.
    • Up x 7
  12. CaligoIllioneus

Another one: You can stay mobile while hacking as an infiltrator or overloading generators/SCUs as any class, as long as you don't cloak/move out of range.

For example you face a generator, hold the button to overload, and you can turn around away from the gen to watch a doorway with the button still pressed, and you keep overloading it even if you're not looking directly at it. You can even shoot and reload.

Extremely useful to avoid being surprised and easily killed as you hack or overload.
    • Up x 4
  13. LowTechKiller

It's okay to destroy friendly spawn beacons that genius squad leaders set right next to your deployed AMS Sunderer.:confused:
    You know those beacons draw the enemy like flies to poop, so don't let them follow one straight to your spawn point.
    • Up x 1
  14. Scudmungus

A *cowboy/sheriff* hat.
    • Up x 2
  15. Megaman3300

While using an SMG such as the Armistice, you can fire more effectively if you ADS and strafe to one side while aiming. This compensates FULLY for one direction of the recoil, and allows you to focus more on keeping the target dead than trying to keep your crosshair from jittering everywhere.
  16. Vixxing

If your piloting a lib/tank switching pilot gives you instant cooldown on flare/vanguard shields (its player cooldown not pilot/driver) so in a lib you can get 3 flares, and 2 shields on vanguard... (yeah i know i should ****) :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Crayv

In regards to the post I made saying you can kill tanks with MAX Punch. I made a quick video to show how to do it since you can't just run up to one and punch it anywhere.

• Up x 5
  18. Spartan101

Which is an exploit and a banable offence for utilizing said exploit. You have been warned
  19. TheBloodEagle

Yup that's a good one. Took me a while to realize I could turn around and aim while overloading.
  20. Vixxing

Yeah, because it would be horrible if a LIB had any defence at all against skilled elite Stryker-monk.. eeeh users