Is there any way to actually use the Enforcer C85 Modified Effectively?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDemoman, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Klypto

the weapon is a joke.
  2. DashRendar

I have even less desire to try it than before. If that's a "glory reel" of the thing then that's really pathetic, you even have to lead targets at point blank range... Hmm, this or a Fury with 9 shots in the mag and splash damage....
    • Up x 1
  3. Tekuila

No no, it's clearly superior to any other weapon ever.
  4. Zazen

You can tell it's awesome when a heavy stands there not moving while aiming his drumfire, you empty a full clip into him at 20'ish meters then eat the rocket and he walks away with a smile on his face...

Yea, outstanding weapon, right up there with the Vulcan! <roflmfao>. Yea, SOE, PS2 is ready for MLG, nice weapon "balancing"....<golf clap> <sarcasm off>
    • Up x 1
  5. Ribero

Anyone else really want to use it, but is unable because no one is suicidal enough to roll it?
    • Up x 3
  6. Brusilov [TR]

lol @ how many shots (and reloads) it takes to kill that other harasser!

Love this weapon though. Almost always put it on top of my vanguard on the rare occasion that i will bother to pull a tank, it's heaps funny.
  7. Crayv

The weapon is absolute trash. It needs to be buffed/reworked to the same levels as the Marauder or in the very least the PPA (which could also use a small buff).

In fact now that I am thinking about it I see way to many Enforcers, Sarons, and Vulcans (since it has been buffed) on MBTs and Harassers. So either all the AI weapons need a buff or the AV ones need a nerf. When was the last time you seen a Harasser with a Bulldog?
  8. THUGGERNAUT

anything the C85 could possibly do, the kobalt does better, for 900 certs less.
  9. DashRendar

I see plenty of Marauders! Take it from me, they're FINE!!!!!

The PPA is also fine... against infantry, terrible against armor, but it should be. It could use a slight RoF buff if anything, but I mean slight. It's a fantastic gun for someone who can aim.

I am also known to run a Bulldog Har from time to time. It's a great long range support weapon, and the arc can be a positive trait, it's business if the gunner can aim and lead right. I also have a dual Bulldog sundy which I use as armor support. Two Bulldogs is quite effective against armored targets. It's kind of a sleeper item that I don't know why more people don't use. Sadly it's probably because Bulldogs have never been OP :{
  10. Hibiki54

In line with the Marauder? Sweet! So a shotgun that does 500 damage direct and 450 splash damage per pellet, right?
  11. Being@RT

I actually had no clue the Enforcer Modified was capable of damaging heavy armoured vehicles like it does on that video.
  12. CNR4806

In its current sorry state I'm quite certain you would gladly take a Basilisk* instead for that role.

* I mentioned the Basilisk not because I think it's crap. I mentioned it because it costs 0 cert to be decent.
  13. Paqu

I think they are both pretty evenly balanced. Enforcer gets 10 shots per clip where Saron only has 6. With Enforcer you always get perfectly accurate shot where with Saron you miss a lot if you try to use its full RPM.

It was absolutely rediculous when both of them were able to OHK infantry and it was clear its going to be nerfed.

The shotgun enforcer is crap no question about it.
  14. Tekuila

It does very little damage to vehicles, that's for sure.
  15. MayorD

to be fair.. about a half of the year since release this sh... dint any damage on vehicles.
    i got my Mody on 20. november 2012 for, damn 7 bucks! It was like "hm, vanguard need AI turret while im using PB gun! Hm, 7 bucks gun, must be something special, other nations got good AV for 7 bucks." And wat? thats a da mn shotgun on the slowest tank in game!!! for da mn 700 SC!!! Thanks SOE!
  16. MykeMichail

Enforcer is still slower firing than a perfectly reset Sauron shot. Sauron also has high splash damage so when missing a direct hit, you're doing TONNES more damage than with the Enforcer.

Still no justification for this imbalance.

Enforcer needs to be made OHK against infantry or they need to make the Sauron 3 hits. Simple as that. These weapons are not balanced. I'm sick of NC getting the short end of the stick when it comes to multiple purpose weapons.

Out of Sauron/Vulcan/Enforcer, Enforcer is by far the worst against infantry and aircraft. It seems NC players are always forced to make a choice whereas TR and VS players get these incredible multipurpose weapons.

Same goes for our MAX weaponry. Try killing infantry with Falcons - its terrible. Ravens are marginally better against foolish targets who sit still whilst you guide your slow projectile towards them.
  17. SolLeks

I did not read this thread but I have used it effectively on a harasser that I kept flanking the enemy in doing hit and runs. It is still not as good as other weapons that can be mounted on that platform though.
  18. CrashB111

For the last time the Marauder is not a buffed Fury it just didn't get nerfed like the Fury. It still got nerfed in that 2 directs are required for lethality though.
    The Marauder performs where the other AI options should, so instead of calling it OP or trying to nerf it why not focus your attention on getting the Enforcer Modified remade into something half useful?
  19. Mxiter

Enforcer >> Saron at AV.

The enforcer have more or less the TTK than CQC saron at and don't needs to fire slower at range: 4 enforcer shot deals more damage than a saron full mag.
    It's the best secondary at AV imo: Vannie+Enforcer is the most powerful AV of the game.

What makes feeling the Enforcer weak is the Poor C85 Enforcer modified that gives only Kobalt or fury to NC to get decent AI secondaries.
  20. MykeMichail

Depends on what you're shooting at. Sauron's cone of fire is insignificant against anything but small targets under 200 m.

At close range, the burst damage of the Sauron far outweighs the DPS of the Enforcer. A shot from an FPC plus a full Sauron mag-dump to the rear of a tank will remove well over half the HP of a Vanguard/Prowler. Long story short, you're pretty much already dead with no chance to react.

I also find it amusing that when it comes to NC weaponry, we're supposed to accept that we're 'marginally better at x, therefore its balanced that we're significantly worse y', whereas with TR and VS, being excellent at x shouldn't mean having any significant drawback when it comes to y.