The reason that people dont play much now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diablery, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Diablery

Anyone have an idea?

I for one, have alot of new games to play, free games, pay games alot of stuff to try.

I will always come back to planetside2 to check in and fly for a bit. (thats my favorite thing)

But it seams like the same thing when i do play.

I logg in pull a reaver get insta locked from the warpgate. gets some friends kill the warpgate campers. Fly some more, get insta locked die. Get resource locked, get bored, logg off.

if thats what SOE means of fun, then cool.
    But if this is not whats intended, then we need to hear from the developers and soon.

Teamspeak for my clan seams the same way. i just keep hearing people say. I'm locked and done, bye guys.

This game was alot more fun in the beginning. Now, the fun police have come and just made it dumb.

/flame on
    • Up x 1
  2. Odan.be

I have a job...
    • Up x 14
  3. faykid

I have no problems finding fun stuff to do, because i do not limit my roles too much.

But i do have a problem with less people playing the game now.

I joined in June when i could witness truly huge battles. Now the server population is always at low.

Usually, a continent has a couple of 1-12 vs. 1-12 battles, another one has a single 48+ vs. 48+ and a couple of smaller ones, etc. No extended fronts, no epic stalemates. Sad.

I want people to play this game!!! Do not dispair, Vanu is with you (no matter what faction you are, Vanu still loves you)
    • Up x 2
  4. Zenanii

Lock-ons are lame but entirely managable, you just have to flare/smoke and then use the 5 seconds immunity to escape into cover. Then play defensively for 15-40 seconds.

A change to lock-ons is on the way, hopefully it will help the situation.
    • Up x 3
  5. Kristan

The main reason is because my game crashes every 30 minutes. Well, maybe that won't be a problem when I'll get a new PC. But there is another problem:

There is nothing to achieve.

Yes, I've been running around, killing stuff, had fun with it, until I faced the fact that this comes to nothing. There is no progression. Unlock new guns? Default ones are fine too or can be bought with SC. Character progression? It's minimal, but wastes so much time to farm certs, not worth it. Global warfare is not as fun as it was at PS1, but I guess devs are working on it.

There is nothing to achieve for me. There is nothing to achieve for my outfit. All we do is wasting our time killing each other. For this I'd rather go to the game that doesn't crashes every 30 minutes or have different game mechanics. Currently I'm playing Mechwarrior Online, Firefall and Eve.
    • Up x 1
  6. MajorZbug

New very annoying game crashes, general loss of members and activity from tactical outfits, Arma 3 and Rome Total War 2 releases, that's what's killing my motivation to play atm.
  7. ironeddie

I enjoy the game & will come back to it. But I think its unhealthy to just obsess on one game. I like to play several games I'm currently splitting my time between ps2, skyrim & the Klingon quests of Star Trek online. Later this year I'll be playing x rebirth a lot. If I just played one game I'd burn out & get bored of it,
  8. gualty

I'm guilty.
    Bought Rome Total War 2 yesterday.

I admit i need a single player, a "pause" and "save" game sometimes.

I love PS2 and i keep playing it, but there are lot of good games out there, and it's almost impossible for a gamer to stick to a single game for long.

But PS2 is one of the hardest game i ever played.
    All the FPS i play except this one has rounds: you wait, choose a server, join the fight, and after the fight see the results.

PS2 could suck you in for hours, like a MMO or a Strategy game, but the focus needed to play a FPS is much more stressing.
    I'm performing far more better the first hour/hour and a half, and this is much more noticeable when i lead a squad: after 90 minutes i start loosing grip and it's all about riding the momentus untill you are out of fuel.

And sometimes it's hard to logoff, because the game is much fun.

So i think that a break from PS2 from time to time is the best way for me to keep playing it.
    • Up x 2
  9. KenDelta

FF14 nerding for the past week.
  10. Sen7rygun

I'm on holidays in Vietnam at the moment. This country is amazing, everyone needs to spend some time here at least once in their lives.

I'll be playing the sh*t out of PS2 soon as I get home.
    • Up x 2
  11. Pazzonni

Yeah, it's still a kinda summer. I also didn't play for the whole of August. (due to work and a new home and other RL stuff, but you get the picture) Give it another 2-3 weeks and the big battles should be back. (I just hope the lock-on mechanic is changed by then so i don't get instagibbed by 15 rockets at a time :)
    • Up x 1
  12. VSDerp

real life issues for me. but ima be back really soon.
  13. SSGVasa

Reasons:

Since Im pretty much only flying and I didnt like the recent update to fighters it took away my enjoyment from the game to some extent.

The Waterson NC airwing was in a rough shape before the GU and now with a few NC high quality pilots quitting or becoming turncoats the opposition has become even more fierce.

The leadership was bad back in December 2012, I think it has become even worse since then. Lack of coordination isnt fun.

My outfit feels kind of AFK atm.

The game is starting to feel repetitive and linear to a degree.

New games are out.
  14. FLHuk

I have recently gone from outfit play to solo play to learn aspects of the game and classes I've not yet used and my score has gone through the roof.

In short game play evolves through testing yourself and finding new ways to enjoy the game again.

Must be true or we'd all be in tanks shooting spawns, lol podding infantry, lock on spamming vehicles or glitching lib guns through biodomes day after day after day after day after.........
  15. Gammit

I've been playing less because
    1. abysmal performance
    2. slow delivery of new content
    3. it takes too long to fix cheap, new mechanics that are quickly exploited: ZOE Max that moves too fast to hit up close, anti-vehicle turrets that can kill you before they render, Harassers that can outrun my lock-on AV rocket launcher most of the time and can survive multiple hits from an anti-armor medium battle tank, etc...
    4. little to no communication by the development team beyond PR and long-term goals: monthly videos with horrible production, Friday night fights hosted by people with little charisma, more developer posts on Twitter/Reddit/PSU than here...

There is little to no excitement about anything. It already reminds me of the dying phase of PS1.
    • Up x 1
  16. don

1. no metagame / nothing to archieve / nothing to do besides killing
    2. faction imbalance (miller)
    3. new features / improvements beeing pushed back
  17. Scudmungus

It's Lunch Time.
  18. TheAntiFish

I think most of us are hanging back and doing other things, i personally play for a few hours every now and then and go back to real life.

I'll be here religiously once they optimize the bloody thing!
  19. IamDH

Not enough FPS to C4 your teammates?
    • Up x 2
  20. TheAntiFish

Exactly, by the time i've triggered it they've already been killed by prowlers shooting through the shields!
    • Up x 2