Lockons make for boring gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Larolyn

Well 2 things here. I land the vast majority of my shots on Magriders simply because Magrider pilots do not actively dodge, they predictably dodge. I very rarely aim where a Magrider is, but where it is going to be when my projectile lands. There are a handful of Magrider pilots out there on Cobatl who give me a run for my money and I am scared of them. Too many are too predictable with their strafe dancing and make for tasty snacks before a tough battle turns up.

He showed misses too but some of them shots were just nothing more than amazing. Predicting where a target will be and adjusting for speed and velocity of your own weapon is what makes these shots so damn impressive. Lock ons removed a huge part of this equation and this calculating of projectiles to land a shot. Skyguards, Bursters, Dumb fires, even AP rounds from MBTs, all require practice and expereience to land perfectly on air targets and that is where the skill comes into play. Shots like these can't be dismissed merely with statistics. Statiscally speaking Iceland has won the most Nobel Peace Prizes per capita with their 1 prize winner meaning absolutely nothing and making statistics null and void and relatively pointless.
  2. KAHR-Alpha

Well, mag pilots must be very bad on average on Cobalt then, because on Ceres is there's one thing that characterizes them, it's their chaotic patterns, and unless you see in the future there's no way you can predict what they're going to do. Seriously, hunting harassers with my prowler is a piece of cake compared to that.

Irrelevant, you can train a monkey to aim a decimator at ESF, and statistically speaking some will hit. The video did show some misses, but only because they were connected to a hit. Most of the misses were most likely filtered out while editing this. Some shots were indeed skillful, some were definitely luck (terribad pilots). As skillful as one is, one can only do so much, and dumbfires are not a proper solution against ESF.
  3. Larolyn

Best Magrider pilots globally are on Cobalt. They are tough as nails to beat. But that is by the by. Yes, Bursters and Skyguards are my go to weapons of choice for combating air. Even the TR on Cobalt are pulling Skyguards now. I blame that on Cougarbrit personally. He got them all motivated to use them and TR are twice as evil to fight.
  4. freeze

what now?
  5. [HH]Mered4

I would just like to point out that in the hour or so I played today on Mattherson during an Indar Biolab alert......I was in my mossie 80% of the time, and I only died once cuz my game bugged out and I went off the edge of the map. :(
    I got a couple Reaver assists (we were backed up to the Crater, so I had 3-4 wingmen), and a lib kill....as well as a MULTITUDE of Infantry kills with lolpods. I think I got a sundie.

This isnt very remarkable, pretty average run. The hilarious thing is, i did not ONCE have to use flares - and the only time some inf tried to shoot me down was when some guy tried to phoenix my hoverpodding face. (epic failure on his part) There was one guy in an AA turret at the bottom of the crater before we took it back, but he couldn't aim straight. Heck, I tried to wingclip some guy, (and would have succeeded - blasted clientside collision), and he didnt even stop running lol.

Not sure if they think I aint a threat, or if they were all noobs.

Either way, I don't see many lock-ons in use these days, despite their immense potential. Yes, there are other tactics that work just as well or even better, but lock-ons are the easiest.
  6. Fatal1o1

Their only boring to the pilots who want to rule everything. The lock-ons keep them from doing just that. Sooo many people want this game taylor made to their liking and could care less for anyone else but their own k/d. The Lock-ons keep that in check. As far as the NC lock ons, they shouldn't be messed with. Same for the Vanu but the Striker , now that's a bit much to have the ability to throw 5 rockets and have 15 more in reserve and it locks on extremely quick. The NC launchers take for ever to lock on and reload, they are close to useless. As well as much of the rest of the NC Arsenal.
  7. LT_Latency

The problem is it always equal boring going??? "Oh god fast moving planes that I can't fight back against are blowing me to pieces0". The need them to fight against Air. There is just no fun way to fight air from the ground

Because the fast moving target that you can splash by hitting the ground are hard to kill
  8. Lockerius

Sony, can we PLEASE have an entire section of these forums for these whiny posts? Call it "Lock-on ***** Sessions" or some other creative name.

I have some cheese for your completely unoriginal whine.
  9. Larolyn

I could argue that Skyguards do just as efficient job of keeping the pilots in check as the lock ons do. But I would be wasting my time I fear.
  10. Chipay

Well that's the thing, they aren't on the PTS patch notes and aren't on the test server.