Why? Why do u have to deploy a Sunderer inside of a tower base?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tamama, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Ghosty11

It's a faster respawn than the spawn room and valuable for defense as you can teleport up and run right in to the SCU room. It is also a great place to launch a counter attack on an enemy controlled satellite.
  2. Fang7.62

Why the hell sundy takes priority over base spawns and even more WTF - why it has smaller cooldown is beyond me. Sundy AMS should be inferior to proper base spawn, not better.
  3. RealityWarrior

When did the Vehicle shield become linked to SCU gen?
  4. CNR4806

The vehicle shield is linked to the shield gen, which must be brought down before the attackers can even get close to the SCU.

If the SCU is already down, that shield gen is most likely also down for a good while and beyond the surviving defenders' reach. The garage without the shields is simply not defensible to survive a minute of tank zerg attack. How the hell can you have a surviving Sunderer down there AFTER the SCU is down is beyond me.
    • Up x 1
  5. LuNaTIcFrEAk

But they serve a good purpose supplying ammo to the vehicles fighting around the bottom.
  6. PWGuy93

To keep coward tank drivers from hiding in there, pulling out to fire and backing up over infantry!

I always encourage players placing Sunderers to park at an angle to block vehicles. The fight isn't won by a few coward tank drivers, it's won by infantry and if they are constantly run over, then it's a win for the other side.
  7. Larolyn

Harassers.... Scoring more team kills and suicides than any other vehicle....
    • Up x 1
  8. Zenanii

Sorry, but having 40% faster respawn rate for our ground troops is more important then allowing your tank to play peekaboo with the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

Yeah in their case 2 Sunderers packed either end of the vehicle bay blockin ALL access is likely to do more to help your faction than anything. :D
    • Up x 2
  10. Tamama

Driving a tank like a coward and hiding in the passage of the tower base? the hell u talking about. We tank drivers go outside to defend and take down any vehicle and infantry on sight, but when we are taking heavy damage, we need to go back to the tower base to take cover or we get blow up. The problem is, usually there is a Sunderer deployed there, and often parked in the middle, and on an angle, completely blocking our way. With a Sunderer like that, that vehicle bay can't even fit 2 tanks, one on each side, to take cover and repair. And ended up the half body of the tank is exposed outside of the tower base while repairing, and ended up our tanks get blow up cause it's a free target for attackers.
  11. ohmikkie

Granted. But that does not take into account the time wasted looking for the teleport down below or the teleport being blocked by the vehicle.
  12. ohmikkie

Potentially true. Never seen it happen. Sunderer is usually the first to go when the SCU goes down. But a potential useful strategy if an organised platoon is defending.
  13. Ronin Oni

it's a pretty quick teleport up though....
  14. ohmikkie

Do you not understand that the lifespan of any vehicle there is very short when the SCU goes down. The particular value of that tactic is meaningless without coordination. Which does not really happen much in reality.
  15. ohmikkie

Very true. But in my experience time is wasted orienting one-self in order to find the teleport. and a lot of times it's obscured or blocked by the Sunderer.

If there were two teleports down-below I would not mind as much. As for the intention of the the owner of the Sunderer doubt its deployment has anything to do with tactics.
  16. EvilPhd

If you had a proper defense, they shouldn't have been able to make it there...or at least only seconds before it's C4, mined, and rocket spammed to death.
  17. Hicksimus

Give me a risk free area to deploy my sunderer and rake in a massive point cert gain and any interest in tactics goes out the window.
  18. ohmikkie

Good point.
  19. Hicksimus

Except that I'd like to point out maybe 1/10 of them actually have vehicle ammo. The vast majority of them are some noob farming respawn certs.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ghosty11

Yes the first time you spawn will take a little longer, but subsequent spawn you should be able to move to the teleporter much faster as you will spawn in the same place each time.