Solstice SF sucks?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DreamEvo, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DreamEvo

I've been using the SF and the only thing that is good about it is the UBGL. How does anyone else feel about its regular "Shooting".
  2. Morpholine

It's a swiss army knife. As such, it's pretty mediocre at everything except having a lot of attached toys.
  3. Elbryan

Just like TRAC-5 S. Only worth using if you want the UB attachments.
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

its your personal HE cannon with an AI gun mounted on it
  5. Unclematos7

It's like the TR and NC 'S' carbines-you get it for the noobtube.
  6. ExquisitExamplE

Pretty much. That said, if you get into the right situation like in this video, it can rack up kills like hot cakes-

7. XOLiD

I like it a lot better than the TR's S-variant carbine, and about the same as NC's.
  8. jihon83

I hate it. But that's only because I "really" hate the underbarrel grenade launcher. That said, pretty sneaky, SOE/sis, with segmenting one gun into, not one, but two money-making opportunities.
  9. faykid

as a carbine it feels as bad as the default weapon. i only use the UBGL on it, in farming situations

other than that i use Sirius, because it can kill
  10. theholeyone

Situational farming beast. My favourite was to LA off the pads and get the drop in behind enemies taking cover, one UBGL round then flick back to bullets as you land. Many kills.

It's also not bad at range and as an all rounder, but you'll get wrecked by the faster firing ones. Very noticeable difference between it and the serpent in TTK.
  11. Prudentia

it is worse than the normal solstice, but i run it with HVA and comp so i have a good midrange carbine with utility, i usally take the loadout while piloting
  12. faykid

i couldn't help noticing how most of the kills are poor low BR cannon fodder, some of them getting killed over and over

poor guys
  13. DocteurVK

Using it either with UBGL + reflex 1 or UB smoke and INRV.

This one never betrayed me in any situation.

UBGL is a support weapon, very efficient versus aircraft and MAXes BTW, if you can hit them;)

Smoke is usefull when advancing in the open with your squad (also deals a lot of d&amage if you hit someone with the smoke nade)
  14. ironeddie

Hate it, it's junk far as I'm concerned. I trialed it when I started playing LA & got some kills. So I bought it, I wanted UBGL. Now I realise UBGL is great when u land a good shot but its tricky to do so. It's also about get nerfed so no more OHK which makes its three rounds a joke.

The gun itself is **** at close range but fair enough there are better more specific CQC weapons. But then the sf also blows in medium range my experience has been that generally when you engage with the sf the other guy has a gun better suited to the range your shooting at & they win.

I've gone back to my faithful eridani & getting up close & personal.
  15. Paqu

I really dont understand all these complaints about this weapon. I've been using it on my LA for few months now and I think its great as a carbine.

With Compensator and high velocity ammo its the best mid range gun you can get on LA. Yes I think its even better than Pulsar C on that matter. Soft point without barrel attachments is another good setup but they both have their ups and downs.

Its bit lacking on 5-10 meter range since you need to ADS but other than that I dont have anything to complain.

Firerate is just right so you wont run the clip dry in split second like with the VX6-7 or Serpent and it has very nice recoil so its easy to stay on target even with full auto.

CQC carbines and SMG's have that annoying side to side shake which just makes them frustrating to use when target is outside of adv. laser hip fire range.

On top of that you have access to UBGL which gives great ranged tool against Maxes and you can finish off burning vehicles or at least get assist points from them when your teammates finishes them off.
  16. S1eB

Solstice SF is awesome, very low recoil and is great at range, especially with HV ammo and a 3.4x scope.
    It's also good at close to mid range if you put a laser dot on there with SP ammo and a underbarle grenade launcher.

Personally, I think it the best all round VS weapon due to being able to kit it out for all types of situations.
  17. ElSuerte Diego

The Solstice SF with the UB grenade launcher and 2x reflex is my most used weapon. I'm also a new player at FPSs, so I'm still learning how to shoot with different weapon groups at different ranges.

I'm not terribly happy with it's close quarters performance even with soft point. I usually get slaughtered in cqc, but I figure that as an engineer, I"m not supposed to be excelling there anyway.

My other quibble with it is that it's got a slow time to switch, especially with the ub grenade launcher attached. I often find myself wishing for those extra fractions of a second when I need to blow up some at mines to kill an enemy sundy or shoot at an infiltrator that just evicted me from a turret. I have to remember to switch to my pistol.

That said, I'm planning on still using it. The grenade launcher plus ammo pack combo is just too cool. I will try the 3.4x with high velocity and try and keep at med ranges.
  18. Madmojo

Not using any stats to back this up but of all the Vanu weapons next to the Orion, the Solstice SF has one of the tightest cones of fire in the game up to 40m. Of course this using grip instead of UBGL. There are faster firing weapons like the Sirius
  19. RealityWarrior

My Number one weapon - Solstice SF
    Kills - 3,232
    Accuracy - 22%
    Shots - 167,387
    Hits -37,307

My Number 2 weapon - Proximity Mine
    Kills - 305
    Accuracy -60%
    Shots - 898
    Hits -536
    Blue shifts are at 200ish each and my VX6-7 is at 94...
    Yeah I would say the Solstice SF works for me.
  20. DxAdder

This is the bread & butter gun for any engineer.

The gun itself is ok and has access to great selection of attachments but its the only weapon for the VS that mounts all the UB attachments.

You can lay down an infinite smoke screen, spam grenades or instagib someone with the shotgun.