What is the point in playing on Miller anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by S1eB, Aug 23, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

That was some extremely intense fights in southern Indar today on Miller, challenging, frustrating but fun.
  2. Urban-ski

Well I'm sorry VS but tonight we had a huge population advantage......49% at one point on Indar and we still couldn't make it count. It's not the numbers in the VS or population or TR zerging or anything else, it's organisation, strategy & leadership.....we don't seem to have any of those.
  3. GhostAvatar

Yep, NC won an alert today. Got a dominating victory yesterday and won another alert the day before. In fact I have seen 4 or 5 NC wins in the last few days. Who would have predicted that if NC actually tried, that they might win some alerts for a change. Ohhh wait... I did. Even VS stepped up in the last alert and we had a draw... WTF, a draw on Miller!!!! Now if you guys can keep this going we are in for some epic fights. If today is a taster of what is to come, I can't wait. Had some of the best fights in a long time today. Keep up the good work and it will pay off in the long run for you guys.

This is what I am looking for, keep it going and we all can have fun decent fights. TR dont want to just roflstomp all over the place. We want to earn it.
    • Up x 1
  4. LordMondando

To be fair to us, most times the NCTO runs as a group, we do well if not win. The issue has been an infrequency in operations over the last couple of weeks (addressed) and the population increase on NC largely leading to a slim majority of players being in the NCTO overall. The latter I hope will change, as those outfits and members not keen on joining, or disparaging about the NCTO will hopefully realize its utility now.
  5. GhostAvatar

If they don't get it by now, just tell them that you will send word to your TR friends who will roflstomp them ;)

But kidding aside. Now that the mark has been set and it has been shown that it is possible. Even the idiots and naysayers will have to accept the facts that NC can not only compete, but win also.
  6. LordMondando

Oh we've won several alerts before tonight when running as the NCTO. Two of which were under the command of DL's own leader Emitz. So we are well aware of our capabilties.

We are also talking some dozen outfits now, which can with enough notice and press ganging of members, bring several hundred people to the fore. Which is why 'lol 4th fraction overpop GG' is not a very accurate picture of whats going on.

A line has to be drawn in the sand at some point. I can't speak for everyone in the NCTO, but I think we are approaching the point of 'well, why the **** arn't you in it'. At least for myself. Zukhov's post earlier though, demonstrates how much of the NC is frankly, disappointing and startlingly oblivious to the effort we are putting in.

I'm not saying, everyone else tonight did **** all, far from it. But I don't see how we could have won that without the NCTO coopering at full steam.
  7. GhostAvatar

Those are some of the elements that do affect performance. And some people will have to step up and make the numbers count by directing them. But don't just focus on that part alone. There are a lot of new guys who are going to need direction and support to come to the understanding that to be effective you have to work together. This really is a team game and the only real strategy is numbers focussed on the same goal. Work both sides of that and you will start having more success. It may not come overnight, but it will happen.
  8. GhostAvatar

4th faction has never been the driving issue. Frankly the 4th factions is not as big as some forumsiders have made it out to be. Yes the 4th faction does exist and yes it does have it affect. But there are over things that affect the competition of the factions and server far more drastically. Leadership and teamwork being the biggest two factors. Thats why MAX crashes work so well. Its not the numbers or the use of a force multiplier. Its thats everyone is moving together and heading for the same objective while working as a team, instead of streaming in one by one. Try it without the MAXs once and you will see that it far more effective than just attacking normally (granted not as effective as with MAX units, but they are a force multiplier after all). People just need to realise that they have to take these same kind of things to a global scale.

And I am aware that NCTO have won quite a lot in its time. But with the over pop issues the server has had, it has been harder to see its effect. Now that the pop has balanced out to some degree (probably as well as it is ever going to be in a game of this type). Players need to stop looking for excuse and someone to blame (cough... TR) and realise that it is down to them to affect change.
  9. MajorZbug

NC is clearly overpopulated, what is the point of playing on Miller anymore ?
    • Up x 1
  10. Makora

Server transfer tokens are gonna be a pain the butt for faction balance. Underpop factions are most likely to have people move over to servers where their faction is either on balance or overpop. Because for ONCE you want to feel like "Yeah, we are the awesomest!"

So as much as it might pain some to hear but there should be a sort of block or filter so you can't transfer a character to a server where the pop is above a certain threshold. That way the unbalanced pop servers don't grow even MORE unbalanced and take some other server with them.
  11. Elbryan

I guess we win! \o/

Been playing Miller TR since launch. Had some good battles with you (VS and NC).

It's about time you give up and realize how futile it is to fight against the TR.

So what's next? Can Miller TR swap with another server TR so we don't have to fight against these losers anymore? Spanking the same nabs over and over gets old. Some challenge would be nice. We already broke the spirits of our enemies at Miller.

I am of course joking.
    The msg above is mostly to the 4th faction swappers and other losers. All respect to VS and NC who have been around since launch and are stilling fighting the good fight. Has been, and continues to be a pleasure. =)
  12. Goretzu

Just the pure surprise is likely to be a factor.

The NC (and VS) have always won the odd alert, but that's very different from winning 33% of alerts or the TR not winning 95% of alerts.

Which just goes to show how daft Miller is:

TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, NC win (look everything is perfectly balanced!)..... TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, VS win (look everything is perfectly balanced!)..... TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, TR win, etc.

:D
  13. Patrician

"Everyone is playing TR" because they're considered the "best faction" at the moment, and the ADHD, CoD and BF kiddies have all switched from the VS since the ZOE nerf (balance); At the moment the TR have The Striker, Fractures and, arguably, the best ESF and anti-AI MBT. All these add up to huge EXP and corresponding cert gains for the forth faction populations; as a secondary it also allows them to stroke their ego's over how "awesome" they are.
    • Up x 1
  14. Baleur

Welcome to 2 months ago.
    Strikers. That's why.
  15. Astealoth

Connery and waterson are both quite active at all hours. I have 3 chars on each server, can find good fights even at 4am server time.
  16. S1eB

Seems VS pop is on the fall again. I logged in yesterday afternoon around 14:00 GMT and VS had 28% pop TR had 38% and NC 34%.
    Either Friday or Saturday (can't remember which) I logged in during the evening and TR had 48% pop, can't remember what VS and NC were, but VS had the lowest pop. I didn't even bother logging in when I saw that, I went and played Splinter Cell instead.
  17. Bvenged

Started the alert with 1% more population than TR, which isn't an issue in any respectable way, but throughout the evening the population counter crawled higher and higher for NC.

I am bloody disappointed with the 4th faction players who were saturating some potentially good fights tonight. It sucks to be on the wrong end of an overpopulated faction, but actually being the overpopulated faction can suck just as much.

There HAS to be a 2 hour character lock if you are signed in to a character for more than 15 minutes. Anything more harsh than that, and people (tools) start making 2+ accounts. Anything less and people (douchebags) abuse the alerts for XP and the win.
    • Up x 1
  18. Epic High Five

what's the point of anything
  19. Battleballs

Faction swap timer. They need to take in more things that worked in PS1.
  20. Goretzu

Usually it is something to do with rhubarb.

Although I'm unsure of the point of a Amerish domination alert which the TR win in ~15 mins as just happend about 40 mins ago. :eek: