Just Remove the Ability to Shoot Through Spawn Shields

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhysicsMan, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Necron

And you crit the OP for 10000, OP dies.
  2. Dramonicous

Read latest Test server patch notes...

The issue is being fixed (again), hopefully for good this time.
    Really looking forward to those changes, any nerf to fracture is a godsend.
    Also flak armor applying to direct hits...
    AND my lovely Vortex will get better against infantry (and I own infantry with it currently)
  3. PhysicsMan

Goodness me, never mind - I forgot that the people on this forum try to assume you've said one thing when you've actually stated nearly the complete opposite. And almost everyone misses the entire point. No wonder the developers aren't very active on these forums, can't blame them either.
  4. Meeka

Nope, defenders should be able to shoot through all shield walls, but you should not get XP for killing from inside spawn shields.

Also, attackers should not get XP for killing soldiers on/near the spawn room.
  5. Macho

My idea would be to limit the range of sight out of spawn windows in the same way IR does. If an enemy is brazen enough to walk/drive up to the door, light 'em up. But people camping in a spawn should not be rewarded with the ability to shoot anything in sight...
  6. UberBonisseur

Reread:

1-way shields do more harm than good.
    I'd rather have the spawn room warriors leave over the possibility of shooting through shields.
  7. Vastly

Which isn't to say your methods of implementing this don't do more harm than good.
  8. UberBonisseur

Barely, they've already enclosed Esamir spawns within walls.
    You have little to no firing angle from those.