Esamir sucks - convince me otherwise

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Midnightmare

agreed the tress looks cool i want more of thouse on old esamir!
  2. IamDH

I dont mind having walls surrounding bases but atleast make the base a bit bigger
    I still love esamir either way although i've barely ever played it
  3. Lord Robert

Large indestructible walls everywhere are horrible and stupid. Completely ruins the feel of the game. I know why they did it, as a shield against vehicles and a way to slow down the infantry complaints and general bleeding of players, and as a way to cater to the upcoming console crowd, but nonetheless it is just not fun.
    God help them if they do this to all the continents.
  4. Eclipson

I agree. Amerish used to be the infantry continent, Esamir the vehicle, and Indar a god mix of the two. I honestly play on Indar most of the times now. The bases feel to cluttered, with far too many choke points. Pulling tanks is useless is most situations as you are forced out of it the second you get to a base. The Terrain is a pain to drive across in vehicles right now. The fights on Esamir used to be extremely epic. Now they are all just different versions of a Biolab fight. I loved the new Esamir at first, but after letting it set in, its become my least favorite continent. The Terrain needs to be smoothed out and the Walls need to be made retractable. I avoid fighting on Esamir because in general, the fights turn into spawn room camps within 2 - 3 minutes.
    • Up x 1
  5. McToast

Moin

Everytime I see older videos of esamir I miss it and regain the hate for the new esamir. The only thing I do on esamir nowadays is fly or fight for amp stations. I don't like the new base design at all.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  6. Pikachu

I don't get why they replaced the nice tower base Glacier Station with The Octagon. Couldn't they picked some other base to replace?
  7. WaiZen

Way too much walls, personally. They need to reduce the amount of walls and put in more TREES !
  8. KnightCole

I can agree the rockwalls and walls every damn where is a bit much. More rocks and trees and gulleys.

Otherwise more cover is what esa needed. I like it but the walls....yeah that is annoying

Stillwater watch and the huge *** hill with the impassable trench....over near andvari...that small outposts south of it...less impassable walls more rocks, trees crystal stuctures.

Some of esa seems very chaotic and unplanned..like the devs made it drunk.

It lost its clean neat feel.
  9. KnightCole

Still live it more then amerish...that cont is cursed for me. Idk y but most my death stresks come on that cont
  10. Pikachu

We need some force field doors like this. No bullets go through for either side. Sole purpose is to allow defenders to exit and enter from more than 1 side of the base. Really needed for the vehicle pad in case you regret not getting a vehicle or something.
    [IMG]
  11. deggy

It wouldn't be that hard to add barriers for tanks that infantry can still pass through.

Think stands of trees, or a couple well-placed rocks. A canyon with a narrow bridge across it. A low cave entrance. The walls feel like a cheap band-aid solution.
  12. KnightCole

I did like the multi spot teleporters in the bases and overall layout of the bases....but dem walls...dem chokepoints.

Reminds me of playing as pac on bf2142 camp gibraltar.....yikes
  13. sauna

I like how they added cover so bases and outposts can't be as easily spammed by vehicles. However, I don't like how they cluttered the map with bases (like Indar was before, 200-300m between bases) and removed so much of the open areas. Feels like a lot of good changes but also a lot of unnecessary and unwarranted ones.

It almost turned into Ceryshen, which was an awful jagged continent in PS1.
  14. Meliorist

I like the new base design, but the problem is there are to many to small bases to near one another. Result is you get a landscape littered with walls with very little room to fight outside bases, and the bases themselves feel claustropobic and with forced chokepoints.

Less bases but larger ones would have worked better, at the very least just less of them. No need for transportation or tanks when the next capture target is a stones throw away...

And destroyable walls, because siege tanks.
  15. Kaale

And with the lattice if you don't have the Northern Warpgates there is only 1 way to get to Mani Biolab and that sucks.
    Why ?
  16. ent|ty

They destroyed the only continent I regulary enjoyed.
    Thats why I haven't logged in an hour of play for over a week.
  17. rickampf

I love the new Esamir :)!
  18. Kitakami

This is too easy.

If New Esamir sucked, players would be drawn to it. As it is, players are repelled by it. Therefore we can conclusively say, Esamir does not suck, it blows.

Long-live Old Esamir.
  19. Cinnamon

I don't know what to think of the changes. In a way I haven't played enough I guess. Lattice was certainly needed as Esamir was just getting too frustrating to play on before especially since it was mostly active on alerts where it was literally just the side with the most pop splurges over the map and caps with no strong defensible spots stopping them.

Some of the new things are good but they dropped them right on top of places I enjoyed more.

Octagon is a base that has some good potential for infantry play. But that three base link to the east of Eisa was some of the best highly contested area on the map before it was plopped on top. And it is still farmable by air. Saerro I don't know what they are thinking. Farming it with tanks seems even easier now but infantry mobility and line of sight is severely broken with even LA having a tough time navigating it.

In general the terrain around the north west and the tech plant feels to closed in now.

But the two tower base is a nice idea.

The trees are pretty cute.

The times when I pulled a tank and went tank hunting on Esamir I found literally nothing to kill. Even though I had to spend a ton of certs to replace lockdown with fire suppression on my prowler loadout because lockdown is mosly worthless on new Esamir.
  20. Larolyn

Please tell me why and what you love about the place.
  21. ScrapyardBob

The bases with overdone walls (Octagon) are just horrid. The bases where the border of the base has short sections of walls, and uses rocks / trees / crystals as part of the perimeter are far more interesting.

We had a fight on Waterson the other night at Everett Supply, TR fighting off the NC at 3TR:5NC odds, which lasted for 30-40 minutes. NC were pushing in from Elli Barracks Complex, but TR managed to hold them off.

The reason I like Everett Supply is because there are about half a dozen ways for infantry to enter the base, but each entrance point is too narrow for vehicles and there's no high ground from which vehicles can (easily) shell into the base. There's enough cover on the perimeter of the base that infantry can push out and take some nearby high ground to flank armor. Air units might have been a problem, but there's a modest amount of cover that you can shoo them away.

It feels like an organic design, where the base was fitted to match the location.