NC- Blitz or PDW??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShepardS2, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ShepardS2

NC SMG-ers do you use the Blitz GD-10 or the NS 7B-PDW and why?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy, Probably will buy either with SC

Help a brother NC (Matherson) NON 4th factioner out? :)
  2. Goretzu

Well it depends on what class you're going to play with it really.
    For example I can't see the NS one being particularly useful to a HA (over Anchor/EM6 or even EM1), but a Blitz or even Cyclone might well be.
  3. ShepardS2

sorry, Mostly Infil and LA
  4. VanuSovereignty

No. Whatever you do, do not buy the NS SMG. It is the only thing in the game I have regretted certing into, and I have triage.
  5. Rikkit

i use the blitz with adv. laser 2x, softpoint-ammo and silencer for my infil. spray like a tr and you will see some dead people.
  6. Kitakami

Having trialled them and tested in VR, Cyclone just seemed better, more adaptable than the Blitz to me. So I bought the Cyclone and haven't regretted it.

If you plan of playing 4th faction (i.e., all of them at some point) then of course, NS-7 PDW is best value for money, offering a huge saving. It may not be the best SMG, but it's an SMG and that makes it better than most other weapons for most combat in PS2.
  7. ShepardS2

Thanks for the replies! I initially liked the cyclone, but I'm now being more impressed by the fire rate of the other two.

As was well said above.. spray and pray for some equal footing.
  8. JKooL

You can't go wrong with a Blitz for infiltrator/LA. However, be warned that it takes a TON of bullets to kill people with it and if you're spoiled by normal NC weapons with 167/200 dmg weapons, it will be an adjustment.
  9. sauna

Cyclone owns them both.
    • Up x 1
  10. Larolyn

Blitz for spray and pray.
    Cyclone for packing a punch and knowing how to aim.
    NS7-PDW - smg that thinks it's a carbine but it's not quite a carbine and not quite an smg.
  11. Goretzu

Blitz is a very forgiving weapon with its big mag.
    Cyclone is highest DPS (probably better for sneaking up and killing from close range).
    NS is a bit like a carbine for infiltrators (can't see why LA would use it over a carbine, but an Inf might if it fits your playstyle).
  12. IamDH

Cyclone if you can aim
    Blitz if you can spray
    NS if you think SMGs should be used as carbines
  13. Metaltoys

I like the cyclone.
  14. Kodaa

I regret purchasing the blitz, and I bought it on sale. It feels like it takes forever to kill people. Go cyclone + extended mags.
  15. NinjaTurtle

I use the Cyclone and I got Auraxium just last night :D

Now moving into the Blitz. Of the 2 I think I like the Cyclone more but I don't think either is that much better or worse. They almost have the same damage potential if you put extended mags on the Cyclone.

Cyclone - 167*35= 5845 (with extended mags) I don't know the exact values as to how soft point effects damage... if anyone does I'd be interested to know)

Blitz - 125*50= 6250

PDW - 125*30= 3750

If you play the other factions and want to save money the PDW may be a good bet as it will be universal. That said it's damage is lagging behind a little and it's fire rate sits in between the Blitz and Cyclone.

Of the 2 I would prefer the Blitz
  16. ManualReplica

Use the NS-7B if you want to fire your SMG past spitting range.
  17. TheRighteous

Go for the blitz,. Run it with adv. Laser sight, soft point ammo, suppresor and a low magnification sight (or just iron sights). The hipfire is brillant, and the rate of fire is very quick. Enemies will die very quickly. Combining that weapon with the infiltrator will make you a killing machine. The PDW is pretty terrible IMO. Tiny bit of added range isn't worth it.
  18. phreec

AF-4 Cyclone is the way to go.
    • Up x 1
  19. Orpheus66

I'm a Cyclone kind of guy. I can't stand the PDW and regret getting that POS.
  20. Roxputin

This pretty much sums It up.

I found the cyclone to be more controllable firing ADS than the Blitz due to its lower fire rate. I use the Blitz for ultra CQC on my infililtrator with 2x laser only and soft point. ...gotta love spray and pray. I bought the PDW out of sheer haste as I rarely use it but if you plan to play all factions it serves a purpose.

As with any weapon that are supposedly sidegrades, each weapon is situational.