A Mattherson take from a Connery VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Ender

Pretty harsh to lump all of us as garbage.
    • Up x 3
  2. Indigo Eclipse

*Fixed.
  3. Pat Cleburne

As much as I hate some players on Mattherson I have to say its probably the hardest server to play on. The level of competition is just a step above what I have seen on other servers and I have played on Connery and I'm currently playing on Waterson.

That said, my thoughts may be due to the fact that TR has been underpopulated most of the time and thus it seems harder.

Still the server is pretty toxic compared to other servers and the battles are more balanced elsewhere
  4. DuckSauce

Mattherson VS has always been a great faction; now they're a great faction that can occasionally pull 50%+ world pop. Mattherson TR is BWC and a giant Enclave-shaped ragequit crater and Mattherson NC is BAX and CML and SG they're so small. Of course some of that empty NC/TR space is filled with fields of recommended server pubs, and we know how effective those are.

The reason there are so many Matty whine threads is because it's a broken server. Competitive? Once upon a time, but some of this trash talk rings a little desperate.
  5. Khaeil

Actually,
    During Prime Time the last few weeks, Mattherson has been pretty balanced in general I think.
    Outside of prime time things get skewed, but that's nearly unavoidable.
  6. ElSuerte Diego

I've seen quite a few coordinated prowler and vanguard pushes during Mattherson prime time. The most memorable of which was a armor/infantry force from Tarwich Tech plant that kept us bottled up in Tarwich Depot during a tech plant alert. They even managed to hold off a TR assault from Tarwich Tower at the same time. The second most memorable was the other day when some TR outfits tried a massive MBT attack on Quartz Ridge from Indar Excavation. It ended in epic failure as we had around a platoon and a half dug in. The AV turret spam was amazing :D They would have done better with gal drops on the cliffs.

I don't really see too much armor play happening with VS (I play VS) until you get late night armor zergs caravaning around ghost capping stuff.

CML is totally legit. I hate their airforce.

Personally, I think Mattherson NC and TR are underestimating themselves. Lately, they've been putting up a real good fight during prime time. In the month or so since I've been playing, we've gone from regularly getting dominating victories, to being forced into draws more often then not during prime time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bloodlet

There's nothing wrong with Mattherson NC or TR. People give TE way too much credit. BCP was skilled at herding TR cats by browbeating them into doing what he wanted. You get that many people doing the same thing and you're bound to be fairly successful. But the remaining clans do just fine without him it seems and it's not like when TE left, everyone who was in TE quit with it and never considered going to some of the other TR outfits like AOD or BWC.

I played VS when the game first came out since they were generally underpop but my heart always lay with NC so before the end of 2012 I switched over and haven't looked back. NC does fine too.
  8. VoidMagic

ROTFL...

(honestly... /editted cause irrelevant; just lol is plenty)
  9. Epic High Five

Oh, yeah there are tank and air zergs from time to time, the difference is they don't just peter out on Mattherson like they do on other servers. On Mattherson, armor columns are living on borrowed time because every single player has at least 3 different AV weapons purchased and certed and will use them at a moment's notice.
  10. VoidMagic

they shot me repeatedly in the face and called me names!!!!! So I went home where it's safe Mr... I did, I did, I did...

wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

lol

that's just Mattherson <3 bro...
  11. Flapatax

TIL to be a good server you should whisper everyone you kill with a sincere "Good try, little buddy, you almost got me!"
  12. NoctD

Playing Mattherson VS zerging around with crazy pops is the ultimate easy mode in PS2. Just fact.
    • Up x 3
  13. umbrellapower

Had to give this one a like. This is by far the most adorable post I have ever read on these forums.

Kudos to Matthersonites for never failing to provide good, hearty laughs. :D
  14. JKooL

Last nights alert on Mattherson.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Liberty

Every server has its mix of decent, good, great and terrible players. From my own experience, going from Sol Tech, with alts on Watterson and Connery, Mattherson is where you want to be for competitive infantry gameplay. Sure you will run into pockets of low BR's that you can just mow down and not everyone is good enough to get hackusations, but I've found it is consistently a more challenging environment to play in. (To the point where I started my NC and VS alt up on Mattherson)

With that level of gameplay also comes a certain level of toxicity in the community. But if you've ever played any online pvp based game ever, this should be nothing new to you. (And honestly, Mattherson is tame by most standards)
    • Up x 1
  16. SniperCzar

While I despise the 4th factioners on Mattherson nowadays, I honestly think it's the server where people aren't afraid to try crazy s***. Fond memories of just throwing an entire platoon in Harassers, or wraith flashes, or loading up multiple galaxies with nothing but dual burster maxes then vaporizing a trail of 15 scythes, or setting up warpgate camps on indar with tons of Vanguards, Skyguards, Ammo sundies, engis, and AA maxes for hours just on a whim. Not things I could really see happening on Connery.
  17. Aristel25

So I play on Mattherson on occasion, had a Alt there before they let folks have all 3 factions on one Server. I dabble on Mattherson from time to time when I want to hop away from Connery. I have a BR70 with the same name (Aristel) for the forum jockies who REALLY just have to pull stats as it always seems to happen. Figured I'd give me take from the 2 hours I played on the server earlier today. This was roughly 12pm EST so server zergs weren't in full swing yet. My version comes as a TR Alt fighting NC at the Tech plant next to Howling Pass.

First off, I noticed a LOT of people trying to use weapons that either OHK or low skill/aiming weapons. Lots of Infantry using Rocket Launchers in Infantry fights, Pump Shotties, and a slew of Auto Shotguns. This was a outdoors area so really bad choices, ETC yet almost no Mines, C4, or hell even Maxes once we got into more CQC fighting, which to me is a oddity as you see them all the time on Connery. NC was organized in terms of movement with squads dropping via Beacons on roofs of much needed areas, but their aim was honestly not all that hot (most seemed to range from BR40-70) as quite often I'd drop 3 of em before I had to reload (small point I've fallen in Love with the T32-Bull).

NC Armor had a very strong push going for quite sometime that forced TR to fall back to the Outer defenses of the Tech plant, TR for the life of me would just NOT pull Anti Armor. We had tons of Heavies but no one bothering to shoot at any of the Armor or Air that was bombarding us. We lost our Forward base and again fell back to the Tech plant which is around the time I noticed BWC (know them by reputation from boards and one of the other Outfits who SOE had made a video of) show up on the scene. This is where we finally "held the line", they set up a Organized Striker team of 3 people on top of one tower (which I ended up assisting with shooting same targets) that finally managed to break the armored push from NC.

After fending NC off once, TR counter attacked and also couldn't get anywhere, both sides for some reason seemed to Taper off at this point with numbers only to return with ample supplies of Harassers/Air almost all of which was Stock (again on both sides which boggled my mind how many high BR TR players had Stock Prowlers/Sundies and yet tried to Battle Bus the sundy). Even with the Alert the map never showed those two/three hex pieces drop below +48 so it was at least a decent sized fight.

TLDR version: BWC gets a /salute for being highly organized even though it was only a couple players. Didn't really see a lot of the famed skill on the server with the small amount of time I played and was killing NC left and right as a BR 20 Player (Again BR40-70 players we're talking here). Few support on TR, but Medics were spot on.

Just so folks can see why I'm judging the "skill" on heres my snapshot of my playtime.

[IMG]
  18. Brayton

All these people saying Matherrson is hard mode, do you guys even go and play on other servers or do you feel just because you have a large scale battle once or twice where you get int attrition battles that you're badass.

Because that happened all the time on Waterson until the TR influx.

Esamir was a frequent sight of using the trenchs as cover for movement as we tried to assault hills and push VS or TR back.
  19. Aristel25

FYI for my play time, I only saw one person who was hacking during it. Was another of those Teleport hackers who blip all over the place while shooting with damn near perfect accuracy.
  20. ColdCheezePizza

Because NC as a whole on Sean Connery is the biggest joke of a faction in the game.

TR Waterson has some of the best Lib crews in the game and don't need to deal with Strikers, I main TR there and man is life good on the ground for us grunts when we have air superiority which is most of the time thanks in part to CptSyco and the Dalton death squads.

VS on Matherson absorbed alot of NC/TR that jumped ship because of ZOE OP and the TE vacuum void, it's probably the easiest faction on any server I've played on but you gotta be quick for kills because its try hard city and the friendly pops always outnumber the enemy, especially during alerts.
    • Up x 1