Today's hotfix? Where did my frames go?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Halon, Aug 16, 2013.

1. XRIST0

Ugh .. i don't want to have to disable crossfire *facepalm*
    • Up x 1
  2. ZioGTS

It's definitely uplayable now, they need to fix this ASAP if they want my renewal this time. I can't play like this it even hurts the eyes! :(

UPDATE: I disabled SLI and dedicated the second GPU to PhysX, and the framerate is now back to 40-50 fps. They really messed up SLI support with this update...
  3. Halon

Disabling SLI seems to fix it for me.
  4. AllTheWayGeronimo

Yep, disabling SLI and running on one card at 1920 x 1080 on my 2560 x 1440 monitor gives me 60 FPS. Now, let's fix this so I can use both cards and ultra at my native resolution again.
  5. Roxputin

2500k @ 4.6
    GTX 580(s) SLI

Tried disabling SLI and the game is more responsive but since I game at 2560 x 1600 one card is not enough to push my frames past 30 fps.

It definitely seems to be an SLI issue. Never had a problem other than the random server lag since tech test..
  6. AllTheWayGeronimo

Manually change your resolution in game to 1920x1080. I know it sucks. I had to do the same thing.
  7. Diplocaulus

Broken SLI makes sense. Kudos to the folks who figured that out--and shame on SOE for their stunning lack of quality control.
  8. Private_Ale

I have this issue too. Directly after the patch my FPS plummeted to ~20 (previously 70+) although it "feels" even less.

I have SLI, so I guess I'll just be forced to run it in single GPU mode and dial back the graphics until they hotfix the hotfix. o_O
  9. Crzy1

Disable your HUD and see if you start to get the same frame rates as you did before the hotfix. It worked for me, but you can't really play without any info on screen. Not sure what they did, maybe offloaded the HUD onto the GPU to lighten CPU load, but it seems to be hurting SLI systems considerably.

Seems that it might be causing things to become out-of-sync on multi gpu systems.
  10. slane1975

My Frames are also well down, this leads the the game hanging and then crashing on me :S
  11. Roxputin

Turned off the HUD in game and the game runs like butter. I believe it is the same "HUD bug" we had back in beta. Contemplating on running the game without a HUD considering how well it runs without one.:eek:
  12. sashime

Has anyone submitted a ticket yet telling them what the problem and solution is? may make it a faster fix if they know you guys did the legwork for them already ^^
  13. Diplocaulus

Apparently SOE has already acknowledged the issue on Twitter, but for some reason they're typically slow to post on the SOE forum. My guess is that it won't be resolved until Monday, at the earliest.
  14. Blackweb

I would rather uninstall planetside and cancel my subscription than disable SLI.
    • Up x 1
  15. Wariamu

yeah so the problem was : Your GPUs were too powerful haha

I love how we try to help them find problems and they don't even give us a hand or ANYTHING

Not even a "hey guys turn of SLI, that'll hlep" or "thanks for finding out that the problem was with SLI"

Or just SOMETHING ON THE ***** FORUMS!

Why the hell are they so damned alergic to those damned forums seriously?!

Like, they're always on twitter or rediit or just everywhere all over the place BUT on the forums where we're talking about things, trying to improve things, helping them out find their problem and they don't even have a precense.

Seriously btw, twitter sucks. I'm not following any stupid tweet from anyone on twitter.
  16. Reloaded

Disabling SLI seems to have stopped the crazy frame drops for me, at least at the warp gate. Unfortunately, the game looks terrible without it of course.

Here's to hoping for a fix soon, but most likely not 'till Monday I assume.
  17. Utrooperx

I noticed a real "slide show" today with a plane over-flying the tower I was on...nobody else around, just me and that plane...at about 7-10 FPS instead of 30-50 FPS I get normally.

I logged out...the "move...freeze...move...freeze...move" effect started hurting my eyes.

Engage in combat? If I'm getting 7-10 FPS all by my lonesome up on a tower, I think I'll be standing still in any kind of firefight...
  18. Notih8Darian

Confirmed, after played today for 1 hour I got:
    10-14 FPS in battle (Esamir/Amerish)
    23 FPS at Warpgate (Esamir/Amerish)
    And at most times my game turned into a PowerPoint slideshow and I got 2 FPS as a max and died extremely fast. 1v1 was nearly impossible with the low FPS and I won't be playing until this is fixed sadly.

Compared to before hotfix:
    20-35 FPS in battle (Esamir/Amerish)
    50-60 FPS in Warpgate (Esamir/Amerish)
  19. Grimunk

I've also experienced a drop in FPS since the last or second last game update. FPS has dropped in half for me. I'm running a pair of Titans in SLI. I'm going to temporarily disable SLI and see if that helps for now. The funny thing is it's showing I'm CPU limited, while the game only uses half of one core on my system.
  20. Sinoby

Framerate dropped to 20-30 from 50-120 after lasr patch. Unplayable...
    Win7, Intel Core i7 930@4.2, 12GB ram, GTX590 sli activated, game is running from ssd