Flash is pretty pointless now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

Honestly the way they changed the radar function was so BS.

Honestly, if they are going to force us to sit in it, the best they could do is actually give us xp for spotted kills.
    • Up x 7
  2. Codeak

playing ps2 is pretty pointless always tbh
  3. illgot

it became pointless the moment the Harasser was released.
    • Up x 3
  4. Shoza Nakh

Flash now good only as infiltrator toy or C4 kamikaze runner. This is not much, but you can't say Flash is pointless. Really, it's Scout Radar cert line is completely pointless now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Haruk

Fury flash with radar.

There is joy to be had.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tommyp2006

Only real use left for the flash these days is having outfit wide flash races.
  7. Wolf

Wraith Flash with S12 Renegade
  8. ReformerTR

Has anyone managed to get from one base to another without flipping it?
    • Up x 8
  9. Zenanii

Yup, with the radar nerf I relly feel like they need to undo the cost increase.
  10. Irathi

I've tried so many times.. it doesn't even function as cheap transport..
  11. Snowkea

It detects infiltrators now, give that up and you can have the rest back.
  12. FluffySaurus

gladly

who cares about not being able to spot the 2 or 3 of them running around. Besides, their cloak is so loud you can't miss it
    • Up x 2
  13. Goretzu

That would be nice, and encourage use.
  14. Madcat9

One of my first experiences with the Harasser was being chased by one on a default flash around and around an 1/12 enemy sundy because the gunner of the Harasser was of course a bad shot. During what became a Yakety Sax chase I thought it mighty unfair that they were just as fast as me and only got away by taking hard turns behind temporary cover. >.<
  15. KenDelta

Uh quit whining bout the flash , flash is just fine.
    Fury+extended mags+Flash+High lvl wraith+LowBrs/Clueless enemies = profit.
    After the resources nerf I understood why this beast of an ATV is worth 100 resources.
  16. Konfuzfanten

Unless you are out doing the wraith+inf thing, the flash is pointless.

Ofc having 24/7 radar was a bit OP, but still. MIssing my radar :(
  17. Adept

Yes. Also.. ***** Flash doesn't always works. 2 loonies from my own faction with attached C4 have accidentally rammed into the side of my Vanguard - within 1 sec - moving with it's top speed (racer setup). They've both exploded and my Vanguard didn't register any damage.
    The big joke is that now Flashes've got even more cosmetics..
  18. FreelancePanic

Let's not forget two of the defensive abilities of the flash are completely useless.

Mineguard:
    Need to pretty much max it out for the Flash to survive. Problem is, you die regardless.

Composite armour:
    Let's be honest here. How many times have you died because your Flash died. Most of the time, I can see my Flash rolling away from my cold, limp body.

They need to improve both, and I would like to suggest the following:

Mineguard:
    Only has 1 cert level instead. Allows the Flash to survive a tank mine. The rider is completely protected from the blast.

Composite armour:
    The Flash AND its rider gain damage resistance against small arms fire, instead of having only the Flash gaining the defensive boost. The benefit of this is non-Wraith Flashes will be a lot more viable in combat now, since the driver won't get shot off in less than a second.
    Composite armour shouldn't be allowed on Wraith Flashes if this fix is applied. Would be ridiculously OP otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  19. EViLMinD

The flash needs a buff to compensate for its extreme vulnerability. It's not easy to wraith these days. Uncloaked Flashes are still easy prey. The last two Fury nerfs (dmg and ammo reserves) and the introduction of Harassers has changed the playing field dramatically.

I'd improve the Flash's handling. Make it a lot less tipsy. That's most important. I'd also make the default chassis a little quicker off the line, and far less slippery. A tad more default armor couldn't hurt either.
  20. Spude

I thought flashes were supposed to be transports ?