Mattherson? Waterson? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Bape

You are very famous around mattherson the guy that /tell if he dies to someone lol.
  2. wyld

just by the outfits you list and the post you made. You are in way over your head and have absolutely no idea whats going on.
  3. The King

You wont get your *** kicked by NC or TR....

On average, the VS "pwns" the TR and NC when it's even populated or slightly less.
    Like just yesterday, the 33% VS pop took over a tech plant when the TR had 66%....(pop on the hex)
    There was like 12 total players around the cap point, and all the TR just..... I dont' know what they were doing. They don't push...

This is in no way saying all of the TR is this bad, I'm just speaking of on average..
  4. Vanudrax

I've played on Waterson a bit, and Mustarde is right. The stuff I can get away with there is ridonkadonk. I set my LA up in a spot in a biolab, and went to town. On mattherson, being in that spot means your going to die in 30 seconds or less, so you better make the time count and get some good kills. On waterson, I exhausted my ammo, flew down, grabbed more. Rinse and repeat for close to 2 hours. Nobody ever even shot at me.

For those who only play on Mattherson, here's the best way I can explain it. You know those off hours times, when the server is mainly low BR players, who do the stupidest things and your racking up kills and asking yourself "WTF who are these nubs?" Yeah that's pretty much waterson. Kills are so easy, it's kinda like playing against players who are logging in for the first time.

Waterson better hope it never gets merged with Mattherson, you guys are going to get wrecked.
  5. VSDerp

i see you ranked up alot
  6. TheShrapnelKing

I think you guys are just so used to everyone on your server being well above average you see everyone else as trash.

Stick to your own server so we don't have to deal with you.
  7. NoctD

Mattherson is the WORSE server in all of PS2!

Its full of self righteous I'm better than you types and so much hatred between all the factions.

The only reason to play on Mattherson is if you're the type that wants hardcore torture, unless you're VS, but even then, you're better off picking Waterson.

Everyone else should stay well clear of the cesspool in PS2 that's called Mattherson. Not sure if its was the BCP/TE effect, but its just toxic.
    • Up x 1
  8. Negator

yeah, if you are easily ******** or have a complainers complex, dont go matherson.
  9. Vanudrax

Ummm, yeah. Waterson is a group of friends playing touch football in the backyard while drinking beer. Mattherson is the Super Bowl.

After playing against the level of competition we have on Mattherson, it's really easy to see how crappy players on Waterson are by comparison. Not saying Waterson isn't a great server. You guys do have a lot more relaxed atmosphere. It's fun. It's the kind of server you want to log into after a rough day when you just want to unwind for 30 mins. Mattherson is the "HELL YEAH I GOT 13 REDBULLS, MY SH*TBUCKET, AND 2 PIZZAS TIME TO KICK SOME A$$ AND PWN SOME NOOBS"

That's not for everyone, I understand that. But you have to understand that the level of skill that comes along with such an aggressive server tends to be higher. It's not a matter of "Oh we lost, good fight guys." It's "those mother******* beat us, and I will never allow that to happen again." The attitude and the trash talk constantly push us to be better. To find a new tactic, a new weapon, a new way to win, to move faster, to think faster, to push harder. Waterson just doesn't have many players with that kind of drive.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheShrapnelKing

I've looked through the recruitment threads for Mattherson outfits. Everyone thinks they're the ub3R 1337 besT pr0s on the server and constantly fawn over their own outfits. And if the reports I have of the Mattherson chatbox are correct (that it's still as bad as the single day I spent there) it spills over.

You people are so full of yourselves and so nasty to each other when you don't win it makes everyone who isn't at your level (and some who are) steer away from you. I know that's why I left.

I spent exactly one day on Mattherson - it had more balanced pop than Waterson at the time so I was like "this should be fun".
    Not only did I not manage to kill a single person, the trash talk and taunting in the chatbox and over prox chat was so horrendous I ditched it the very next day. Deleted the character, switched to Waterson and never went back.

Even if you guys are better than everyone else in PS2 , from what I can tell, a good chunk of you are jerks. That alone makes me recommend Waterson - we're not ********.
    • Up x 2
  11. Vanudrax

You've spent 1 day on Mattherson, so maybe you played for 5 mins, maybe for 2 hours. Any way you're not nearly informed enough to reliably speak about Mattherson. I've currently got about 43 hours played on Waterson, so at least i've sunk a decent amount of time learning your server. Go back to Waterson and play with the kiddies. Mattherson is for grownups who don't like EZ mode competition.
  12. TheShrapnelKing

Anyone from your own server can attest to the fact that the mood of your server is hostile. They stay because they like the competition, that doesn't make it friendly.

Mattherson is the only US server that can be considered "competitive", as such your standards (your "grownups" and "EZ mode" comparison) are skewed way too high. Have you ever even possibly considered the fact that getting stomped all day by people blatantly better than you isn't fun? Or do you have too much of a drive to prove how much better you guys are than everyone else that you think everyone should line up to be slaughtered by you?
    You're proving my point that you people are full of yourselves.

This is why I hate competitive players.
  13. WycliffSlim

Yeah... I've been playing a bit o_O
  14. Slyguy65

I hear matherson is "dying" from people switching to waterson from matherson

Connery i hear is no fun cause its just VS over zerg due to all devs being VS and playing there.

Waterson is good back and forth, it has very real people too, not hardcore or casual just good average people.
  15. Karzi

The only thing i like about waterson more than Mattherson is that people appereantly dont know what a lock on weapon is cause i can gank n00bs over big fights with out beeing ultra lock on nuked out of the air. Thats it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Arsinek

Who gives a crap.
  17. NoctD

Exactly - the average person won't have any fun on that server, unless you're colored purple.
  18. Negator

Exactly - the average whiner wont have any fun on that server, unless you're colored whatever opposing faction you happen to think is the cause of all your made up problems.
  19. VSDerp

can you let me live for once when im in my scythe?
  20. ReconTeemo

I used to play on Connery and Mattherson, but not enough to judge the server. From what people are saying,

Mattherson :
    1. Hardcore, high competitive environment.
    2. Flame wars, lots of trash talking.
    3. Toxic community or atmosphere.
    4. Unbalanced, VS over pop.
    5. NC suck

Waterson :
    1. Newbie Friendly.
    2. Balanced server pop mostly.
    3. Not toxic, but more relaxed.
    4. TR are most favored faction
    5. NC suck

So if the Mattherson people claims they are more competitive and hardmode. Why don't they recommend the MLG outfits to visit or move to Mattherson?. :eek: