So What Should we call reverse Spawn Campers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NewSith, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Mugze

They should be called,

"Smart"

Why leave a camped spawn when morons enemies will just walk up to be killed.

Granted they are not helping "Win" the base but honestly who really cares about a base that flips 500 times a day. It's not like PS 1 where it took hours/days of GREAT fighting to take a base that was well defended. It was an accomplishment when you took an interfarm in PS1, that level of satisfaction I can honestly say is not present in Planetside 2.
  2. ent|ty

There's no implication needed. If you don't know the difference between the definitions of 'attacker' and 'defender', I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

I doubt you are a mind reader, so do not have the resources to determine the intent of each player that is currently 'trapped' in a spawn room, due to inferior base design by the game developer.

You didn't bother taking the time to quote my statement in it's full context, so I won't concern myself with addressing it.

I doubt you are a mind reader, so do not have the resources necessary to support that assertion.

And they'd be right. I blame the game developer for bad base design.

That being said, I have a person opinion that spawn campers are lame. That's just an opinion, and thats how I have played my games as long as multiplayer games have existed. In fact, its only until recent gaming history, that spawn camping was somethign you could do without shame. But like I said, that is just my opinion, and irrelevant to what we are discussing here.

First of all, we must agree on the definition of 'camping' in gaming terms. "Camping" almost means pitching your tent, making a fire, and roasting marshmallows, and simply waiting for an enemy to come along so you can ambush him. People do this in games by squatting in some corner, (eg. while they should be setting/defusing a bomb - Counterstrike), waiting to get a cheap kill on an enemy.
    There is no way that anyone 'camps' their spawn room, by DEFINITION.

So this issue of you even accusing them of 'camping' a spawn is absurd. Maybe SOME people stay in their spawns because thats what they do, but generally as I have stated, if they are in they're spawn room and won't come out, more than likely they CANT.

Or they can come to the forums, like I do, and express, support and defend their opinions on game matters. Only cowards and lazy people (and perhaps people with a life) do not :D

How do you arrive at the assertion that people trapped in spawn are just cert farmers, but ignore the attacker, who BY INTENDED GAME AND BASE DESIGN, ignore the cap point, and instead head directly to the spawn room, to /yell at those inside to run out into their guns?

Sure, I've been trapped in the spawn room and shoot out at all the idiots who try to kill me behind invincible shields (i dont understand this, amazing idiocy), then they get mad cuz they died? At that point, I'm shooting not for XP or Certs (not like I play for that anyway), I'm shooting them because I hate their spawn camping cheap lame ***, thats why, and I want to kill 12 of them, and cause so much damage to their surrounding tanks and planes, that they'll think twice about doing it in the future. Of course it doesnt change anything, but hey, I do what I can.

So its laughable to hear spawn campers complaining about a cheap tactical move they're allowed to do in the game, then cry because they are attacking an invincible point of the base. ROFL.

Or do as I have suggested, make the spawn point the flag point. If the attacker gets to the cap point, they win, the base flips.
    This is where PS2 wants to be headed anyway, with its quick OHK, low-TTK gameplay.
  3. Bine

Spawn Warriors.
  4. SwordofCyric

IMO that's a misconception. Unless the server is actually at max population and their presence does indeed actively prevent other players from login in, they are not sapping your factions strength. If they were not there the faction wouldn't be stronger.

That also speaks against the idea that if only they somehow could be forced out of the shield room they would start to defend. Most likely they would not, they would just go somewhere else where your faction is already winning instead of staying to turn the tide.

Their presense has no negative or positive effect on your faction's strength for that battle. If anything they have a small positive effect as the bind enemy noobs that try to shoot them and get shoot by them instead.
    • Up x 1
  5. PWGuy93

I call them, "ATMOD"
    At the mercy of developers

Like them or not, the players didn't create the spawn room, their shields, the terrain, the vehicles that grief them or players outside that feel griefed. The only options are to change their proximity to capture points and vehicle access to them. Esamir is the intermediary stop gap result. Hossin shows a refinement of those designs. I think the devs get both sides of the debate and are working towards solutions. Until then ATMOD.
    • Up x 1
  6. HadesR

Srepmac Nwaps ?
  7. Spookydodger

They do have a negative effect. They sap morale and encourage other people to do the same by their presence. If I spawn in a room and there are dozens of people sitting around, firing out the doors, the first thought I have is "wow, it must be too dangerous out there".

I go and take a tunnel and half the time there are no defenders at the exit point. I can go repair generators, destroy sunderers, maybe ever cap the point back. Or I can spawn at another base, grab something that has some more oomph to it, and counter attack the forces attacking the base I was just at.

Additionally, when faction populations are calculated in the area for the percentages on the hex's information, or for your population XP bonus, it doesn't subtract out those sitting on their cans, playing Spawn Shield Peekaboo. I've heard many times where our platoon leader has decided not to send the platoon to a base to help because the population seemed to be relatively balanced. There's no way to know how many of the population in an area are actually doing anything useful.

Don't equate inaction with ability neutral. Inaction doesn't make you harmless.
  8. BlackbookPS

They're called spawn shield warriors.

Even better when they have their aimbot turned on.

The AA Max playing peek a boo with ESF's is also a nice touch.

I don't mind new players playing cautiously although I don't like their grenades or Semi Auto Sniper fire in my back.
  9. Astealoth

If you don't plant 5 shotgun MAX outside my spawn room trying to get cheese kills I wont sit behind the spawn shield :p
  10. ent|ty

Yep, than one of our Infiltrators puts out a Recon Dart, and the sea of red dots appears on the map. You think we're dumb and wouldnt see there is something to fear? LOL.
  11. EvilPhd

Hold outs
  12. Zar

double agents. they help the other team win by being useless xD.
  13. ent|ty

Far from useless, I'm killing your guys, shooting rockets out to kill your MAxs, causing damage and killing your tanks, blowing up your hovering ESFs.. your parked sundies. Everything I can take out that is in LOS of the spawn you won't be able to use at the next base.

So who's useless again?

I would counter that and say it is the spawn camper who is useless, since they're not back at the cap point holding it for their team, leaving it undefended.

I released a screenshot of 3 seperate bases in another topic, and EVERY single one of them did not have a man on the cap point, and instead were all positioned outside the spawn point.
  14. Spookydodger

I don't think you understood my post, because what you wrote didn't actually seem to relate to what I wrote. Then again, it should have been "then one of our" so maybe the sentence is just a big mangled? I don't understand what your point was.
  15. Malanga

It's called Shielded Spawn Room Warriors.
  16. Duvenel

That's just not the way I like to go about things, the flaming and such. I don't tend to post unless I have something worthwhile to say.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ivalician

Apex Predators.
  18. xxxRippyxxx

Oh man, you are so funny! I just realized that you all meant it ironically. You did, didn't you? I hope so at least. The poor "defenders" trapped in the spawn room of no escape. With no chance of redeploying and helplessly trapped forever. Damned to even spawn in there again and again, if they got killed accidentally. Ha ha ha!

PS: Just to correct your accusation of me not quoting you completely: I did so, that special part even two times because it was that funny. But you might not have seen it, being to concerned about me being not able to read and understand your, err, arguments.
  19. ent|ty

Since you didn't take the time to quote me correctly, I wont bother addressing your post, and will no longer read your future ones. Good day, sir.