[Suggestion] 1 Free ReCert

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Kunavi

Many things are changing fast and more are about to. The ReCert item planned by SOE can't come fast enough.

How about SOE compensates for how far on the Road-Map the ReCert is? Offer a full ReCert, nothing too complicated. Have it work as a Booster which, once equipped will strip you of all Certified items across our Accounts, accessories ETC and give you back those Certs. 1-Time only, completely voluntary. Put it up in the Cash Shop for a little while, doesn't have to be a permanent free Boost.. Who ever wants can use it. The rest can let it expire.

I'd like that more than Double SC Sales.
    • Up x 4
  2. llPendragon

I

I agree 110%.

This would be a much larger incentive for me to buy new things.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hauser

I think a more long-term solution would be a cert-sellback mechanism, as the discussion regarding a one-time recert would come back every time there are major changes to the game.

If you can sell back certed stuff for, say, 75% of the original cost, players still have an incentive to stay in the grind (which of course is what SoE wants), while still allowing for changes.
  4. siddar

SoE is going to make huge amount of money off selling recerts for $ there is no way they will give free recerts.

I also mean $ not SC recerts wont be sold for SC it will be $ only and look for a $25 minimum price.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kunavi

Sell-Back sounds OK, 25$ for full ReCert is crazy and I'd QQ real hard. Free 1-Time ReCert would make me <3 SOE at this point though. I doubt it would be asked for over and over since it would only be done to compensate until ReCert for $ comes in. All we need is 1 practically, at least those of us who have decided what they want and how they play. How would SOE sell more then? By introducing more items, by allowing us to give Certs to others ETC ETC.
  6. Rebelgb

This needs to happen soon. The learning curve in this game is steep enough as it is. Let those of us who werent sure what class we wanted to play early on have a chance to get back some of those wasted certs.

Id pay for it all day long.
  7. llPendragon

I would not buy a partial re-cert for every single item. That micro-charge bull$hit pisses me the f_ck off.
    No matter what though, buying re-certs would not encourage me to buy new items. A free re-cert would.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zombekas

Who cares, just play for a while and you'll have the certs. You can get 1000 certs without any boosts in a week, even less if you have no life
  9. St0mpy

If the codes not done the codes not done, and when its done theyll be ready to sell it - if it was ready to do today they wouldnt keep it on the roadmap for another few months

im so fed up waiting for it myself but im not joining the 'give it free' posse, when its ready ill pay for it like the rest .. do i wish it was ready tomorrow? hell yeah but if the codes not done, the...
  10. Takoita

Since PTS have shown that the 10 000 cert at one time limit can be worked around without the whole cert tree collapsing on top of everyone's head, I see no reason not to give everyone a full re-cert option for free.

Microtransactions, yes, but unless at least the first one on the character is free, this ain't gonna fly with the playerbase.
  11. Xhaleon

Assuming their planned resource system changes go through, we're going to all get one big cert refund with the removal of the spawn timers. Wonder how they're going to fit that in. Maybe everyone will be too distracted with their shiny refunded certs to remember to ask for recerts on everything else.
  12. Cab00se187

lol, I love people begging for re-certs that they can get infinite of
    • Up x 2
  13. Spude

SOE wont give recert for free.

IF they add em they cost atleast 1000 SC per recert.
  14. Excretus Maximus

I'd kill to have the certs I put into my Flash before I knew better.
  15. siddar

For high BR players that have 30k plus certs and could use recert to free up thousands of certs $25 is reasonable. For low BR with a few thousand certs $25 is to much but there will be those that will do it anyway simply because they have there moms credit card so why not.
  16. FateJH

You can't do that. That's quantitatively impossible.

Now that I quote you, I re-read your comment and determine that it wasn't how I initially thought it read. Nonetheless, I will continue: what counts as a "major change" differs by the player. We've had fairly minor re-toolings and it's been followed by an outcry for the recert.

I'm convinced this is one of those "immediate gratifaction" things for people. Or, perhaps, like buying something expensive on a two-for-one sale when you'd never even think of buying or wanting even one of the things normally. Moreover, would they agree to have whatever certs they did earn using the weapons and equipment they'd be returning, e.g., kills, Auraxium medals, and the like, subtracted from the lump total? I doubt it. Cake and eat it too.
  17. Angry Scientist

Realistically, it would be quite kind. The game that was a month ago is not the game today. For example. Liberators were flying tanks of OPness, were nerfed into oblivion, and have largely reached a somewhat stable ground now. People who have invested in the liberator previously, for whatever reason that may be (whether because it was OP or because it catered to their playstyle) may now find that it does not mesh any longer.

Another example is scout radar. Scout flashes, and rarely, scout ESF, were useful tools. Several charitable players invested in the radar so as to benefit their faction. Now it is largely altered.

The list carries on. Fury, rocket pods, tank cannons, etc. While many would argue that 'those were OP when they were bought' is rather close minded. While some players might have gotten arguably overpowered weaponry or upgrades for their own benefit, other players got them because they felt they had to to compete. Or they did not view it as overpowered. Or because it fit their playstyle. That list, too, carries on.

Point is, this game is changing. Even now we're getting tweaks. Invested in rocketpods because that's the only viable ground attack option at the time? Too bad ESF are being rehauled and two new weapons are released that may suit your playstyle better! Better buck up that SC or certs, boyo, or else you're **** outta luck.

Certs are unlimited, but they are a representation of time and a judgement made with the information present therein. While demanding a refund when a new model of a phone is released is deemed foolish, if the company kept changing how the phone you bought operated there would be an outcry.

Let's not mention that, currently, trying a new playstyle is largely discouraged at a broader scale. Stock anything is inferior to one that is even mildly invested in, and those get only more effective as you go up. The basilisk, while a useful weapon, pales when compared to faction specific variants or the like. Keep in mind, the cheapest vehicle weapon, the kobalt, which can kill infantry and only infantry (and stupid/unlucky lightly armored craft) and it still arguably needs cert investment to be useful, costs 100 certs. To a new player? That's a day's worth of certs, probably. Another example? Flares. Every craft needs them, especially when you are learning, hands down. Shell out 200 certs for something you ultimately discover you don't truly like? Pass.

What you basically get are younger players sticking to trying these stock things, getting horribly beaten, and declaring 'screw that' and sticking to their HA/infiltrator. Only when you are 'cert rich' can you comfortably expand. Maybe. BR here and I still find that I sit on stocks of certs in case something comes up that I might wish to try because that's the only viable way to approach doing so.
  18. Angry Scientist

Long story short? Certs take time that can't be recovered. The game keeps changing. Being fearful of investing in even something moderately effective for fear of nerfs is justified. Be nice to us, SOE, give us this freebie and then reach for our pockets.
    • Up x 1
  19. Luighseach

I say they should at least give 1 free Cert/SC refund for all their players that have had accounts since at least before the VR room. Honestly I have spent SC on weapons that I used for a bit but didn't like because they were worse than I expected after trialing them.

I mean this would probably be the greatest goodwill jester they could do for their player base EVER. After that they should sale them for 500 SC and make a killing on them because players will always end up ignorantly recerting after a huge nerf/buff.
    • Up x 1
  20. FigM

It's a bad idea in a game where cert supply is unlimited

I'm BR100 now, certed everything I care about and have thousands of certs that I don't know what to do with.
    Collecting certs is this game's cheif reward mechanism, allowing people to redo all their stupid cert decisions will decrease the value of future certs, and thus decrease the reward factor and long term replayability
    • Up x 3