Is there one class or ability on any empire..that an unskilled noob can own with?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Afrodude4

Having played at least 5 BRs in each faction, Vanu Heavy is the easiest to play from the start. The Orion has near sniper rifle range, and negligible recoil.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phrygen

Um no its not. ZOE is more offense. Charge is defensive and lets you escape and survive. I wreck ZOE maxes with fractures, mercies and onslaughts all the time.
  3. Rhapsody

I'd have to say ZOE.

Mainly because:

1. Has no cooldown/activation delay
    2. Can be turned on and off instantly like a lightswitch.
    3. Has no 'duration' / limit.
    4. Is a instant damage bonus.
  4. Sneakier

I farm has hard or harder with my HA with RL like i do with my engi, just shoot some well aimed rockets at a choke point and GG
  5. Dvine

TR Heavy with a Striker, it doesnt get cheesier/noskill than that..
  6. Sinoby

Medic/Engineer is a nice cert farming machine, sadly there is a cap for the XP for heals/repairs at a given time.
  7. Midnightmare

HA spam some rockets.
  8. Klondik3

Its not what equipment he uses, it's whether he rolls with the zerg or against it that decides if the noob will own or not.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lagavulin

Noobs shouldn't be fooled by anyone saying NC are 'hard mode' or that NC maxes take any more skill than any other - an hour or two into the game is enough to see that they're very effective and plenty easy to use.

ZOE Max is definitely OP, but not in a way that makes them any more 'noob-friendly' than any other max.

Best way to rack up easy kills for a noob? Jump in a harasser with a decent driver if you can.

Any noob should avoid ESF's until they've had plenty of practice. Whilst they can be extremely powerful once mastered, I must admit I envy the players who can fly them well! Personally I think they should be made less powerful against ground targets, more durable against ground targets, and more accessible (by which I mean easier to get in and fly - like in PS1 - which wouldn't please the skilled pilots out there who have stupidly high k/d's, but would balance them somewhat, and open up that area of the game for more players).
  10. K3STR3L

The noobs would be the people who are getting owned by it. If they can't see or hear the harasser coming to camp right behind them then they need to start getting some awareness of their surroundings and stop blaming their lack of skill or tunnel vision for their failings.
  11. S1eB

Is there one class or ability on any empire..that an unskilled noob "can't" own with?

FTFY!
  12. Vortigon

There is no such thing as a powerful cert farm that takes no skill - any suggestions given above are by people who have 'issues' with perception of others that kill them all the time. They mostly have an axe to grind.

To do well with any class takes skill and experience, for a noob to do well takes a big chunk of luck because they don't yet have the skill.

The only option to cert farm as a noob would be to be a gunner in a vehicle/aircraft controlled by a more experienced player. That's the area I would look at.
  13. faykid

engineer: ammo dispense, repair, proxy mines, underbarrel grenade launcher for bio-farming

medic: healing, reviving, running around with your self-heal ability on, and revive grenades which if you throw them into a thick pool of dead players can get you up to 1000 xp at once or even more
  14. Chipay

Funny thing is, it has the same recoil (and recoil patterns) as the T9 CARV when ADS, ADS crouch, same bloom and Orion velocity is 'merely' 15 m/s faster.

Guess the T9 CARV is also an awesome gun for sniping
  15. iRhuel

Easiest cert farm for a newb?
    Any max in a biolab, harasser gunning, and a2am spamming are all great ways to make certs with very low skill thresholds. Besides that, playing medic and following heavies around, or playing engi and following maxes around.

Nope. Orion has less horizontal recoil, smaller CoF in all the places it matters, and .75x ADS movespeed over CARV's .5x, which is a huge deal at the ranges these weapons are meant to operate at. Only really impactful tradeoff is ammo cap, which is a non-issue with friendly engis or terminals. Orion > CARV in pretty much every way honestly. Even though I love both.
  16. Chipay

Orion has the same CoF, the same horizontal recoil and the same CoF when ADS, making it as good as the CARV for sniping units, where as the guy i replied to said it's a monster for sniping people.
  17. hansgrosse

This.
  18. Lafri

Easy tools to own even as a noob? Come on forumside, 3 pages and nothing ridiculous?
    • medic/engi and follow the zerg. free exp all the way. but uhm nothing to own with.no skill ownage rating: 2/10. No "muhaaa Kaaaay/Diiiii" epen padding potential, -8 points.
    • he professional spawnroom sniper. Awesome view, base is overrun, spawn is camped by 30 snipers mostly tking each other and calling each other names... don't forget to redeploy once the capture timer is down to 12 secs(muhaaa Kaaaay/Diiiiiiii ratio!!!!) no skill ownage rating: 10/10. Every BR1 can do it.
    • Infi with 2nd gen SMG, cloak, get near enemy, unload mag in their face, cloak again, profit. Also bonus points for suicide AP mine dropping no skill ownage rating: 7/10. You need SC or Certs for the SMG also need the ability to hit your F key therefore 3 points deducted.
    • Any HA with CQC rocket launcher. you don't need that pewpew lmg, rockets all the way from 300m+ to pointblank ;) but that's kinda mainstream as 90% of HA's already do it. no skill ownage rating: 10/10. Every BR1 can do it
    • Suicide galaxys... finde enemy zergs AMS sundi, mark it, pull la, (bonus points for C4) pull gal, crash it into that ams. dont forget to bail at the last second and drop some c4 for bonus bonus points... no skill ownage rating: 5/10. You need the ability to fly in a straight line(9/10 will fail here) ,find your exit vehicle button and know how to use the map and waypoint system.
    • lightning with c75 viper and thermal... no skill ownage rating: 8/10. Pull a tank, press fire, even a 5 year old can do this. But since it requires at least the ability to drive in a straight line with out crashing into the next stone/tree it got 2 points deducted.
    • LA with c4 and full auto shotgun in any tower no skill ownage rating: 6/10. It need's some certs, SC, skill and situational awareness... therefore 4 points deducted.
    Oh and if you find some irony you can keep it :D
  19. iRhuel

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MG&sortcolid=21&sortasc=false&rowsperpage=250

This is accurate up til July 26, and honestly these numbers haven't changed for months, so I don't really know where you're pulling your numbers from. But even if you'd done something as simple as look up the numbers yourself ingame you'd have seen the same. Fact check yourself next time if you're gonna make any quantitative assertions.
  20. LowTechKiller

I'm sorry, what I'm saying is that you need 2 players for the Harasser to be super effective. If a noob is trying to drive and then switch to the gun, then the Harasser just isn't as good. That's all.