Desktop Crash After A Few Minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Thizz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Shadowcrash

To fix this issue you need to ensure that all game controllers or other mouse pointing devices are unplugged. You can have 1 mouse plugged into the computer when starting Planetside2.exe. Program code looks for all pointing devices at start up .exe is failing due to multiple pointing devices plugged into the computer.
  2. DrTurkey

I pretty certain have just one mouse plugged in, and I don't own niether a game controller, nor a joystick. Just the usb keyboard and mouse, I like to keep things simple.

Also, I was in Beta for months, and never ever crashed over and over again like this. And I've virtually always had smooth fps, again even in the badly optimized beta.
  3. Marinealver

Yeah when I had those problems I just log on and go to cereate a alt char, lol all servers down.

Okay so waited for a while, loged back on, validated game asset, played for a dozen minuetes. Crashed again, cant get back into the miller EU server (down) but other servers were active. so I made two other alts (suprised my Alpha Squad also carries into those alts) and called it a night.

It has been a rough day.
  4. Thizz

You think I haven't tried that already? I know how to look through the forums and see what problems others are having and seeing if they're similar to my own. I only had one device plugged in and that was my headset. Didn't work with it unplugged too. Bump for more attention. From what I see, we got a bunch of people (and probably way more who don't check the forums or who never bothered to try and fix it and just uninstalled) with this problem, and it looks like we would all spend money on this game if we could get it to play. Want our money Sony? Fix your game.
  5. lLuigi

Same here, if the problem is a pluggin, a headphone could be the problem?
  6. Thizz

Deleted the steam install, downloaded the standalone version. Crashed after 5 minutes. Downloaded the d8input.dll that some people in other threads recommended. Got to play for 30 minuets wooohoo! Then crash. Now I'm getting this sweet error:

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ad1cd4
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ad1cd4
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x007f8580
    Faulting process id: 0xdc4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc845b47d4af0
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: 3bac45fd-3439-11e2-be6c-50465d664cb9
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Still looking for suggestions. Lets keep this thread going, a fix would be great, from sony or from other users. But they're probably too busy playing after they fixed to come back here and post haha
  7. Thizz

8. Metallideth

yeah Win 8 was having that problem in beta, not sure if they ever resolved the issue with Win 8 and how it was handling USB drivers.

Thizz I just downloaded the game from the website, clicking the play free button and clicking the download the game link which will download the installer. http://www.planetside2.com
    Once the launcher comes up you might be able to close it and copy the steam files over, maybe....then run the validator and see if it works

Supposedly twitter was saying to use http://www.planetside2.com/download before but that isn't working for me.
  9. Brogs

I am having the exact same issue. Can't play for more than 2 minutes. The screen has an odd flicker too. I am wondering if there is a video problem with this release.
  10. Thizz

Found this:
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34974/kw/Planetside 2

But none of the "fixes" helped. I'm gonna keep this thread bumped for the next few days and see what comes of it. Hopefully this can be worked out or somewhere someone knows how to fix this. Real frustrating.
  11. Thizz

I just want to play man! The few times I've got to play for more than 5 minutes it was awesome.
  12. RE368M4K

HI guys. Good news.
    I think I found another good solution.

Don't you gus get the crash when the battle get hot or on map loading?
    I bet these are caused by a memory problem.

Anyway, this is the solution :

First, set your page file to a larger amount.
    How to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory
    In my case, I changed it from about 5000MB to 10000MB and it completely worked.
    Reboot and try running PS2 and check if it workes.

Second, if the first solution didn't work, also try this.
    Run command prompt as Administrator.
    Type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa xxxx".
    Now xxxx is a certain value but I'm not sure
    what this command is doing andwhat the best value is.
    Well, try "3072" or "2048" or "4096" etc.
    In my case, 3072 was best.
    Reboot and try running PS2.
    Also remember that to revert this setting,
    type "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa".

I haven't got any crash and enjoying the game after this.
    Hope these works for you guys too. Good luck!
  13. Redwolf4

bumping because because this seems to be more the problem I got, though I'm attributing it to lack of ram (3.25 instead of minimum 4) but I'm look to jack up the ram so just in case it ain't the ram, bump
  14. AidanofVT

I solved this problem by unplugging my external DVD player. *shrug*
  15. BinarySpark

Bump. I'm having the exact same problem.
    Game crashes a few minutes in, ranging from 2 to 15.

Specs:
    Windows 7 32-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Pentium Dual E6300 (2.8 GHz)
    4 GB RAM
  16. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Regrettably, crashing can be caused by a variety of different factors so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide you folks with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be to open a support ticket with us so we can check your system specs and provide you with some solid suggestions to get you back into the game. You can open a ticket with us at the following link:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask
  17. xVirtue

The minimum requirements of Planetside 2 are 4 GB. At first it may seem you pass but you are using a 32-bit version of Windows 7, which only allows you to utilize 3.25Gb.