After normalizing those ESF guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fire Works, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ItsJustDash

I can answer that for him, we have a total of 32 rounds maxed out. With the offset still there being wonky and the spread. Getting all those 32 rounds in is a pain in the royal ***. That being said if you can get I believe 25-26 rounds in on the target the other ESF is going to have a bad time.
  2. altonyc

Did they take back the shot origin change? I thought there was a patch a month or two ago that made shots fired for vehicles come from the center of the shooter's camera, not the model's gun (there were vids of prowlers shooting through trees and magriders shooting through hills).
  3. DashRendar

Because with months of practice and a few thousand certs, you can become on an even playing field with everyone else at your units "intended" role. It's the NC way! XD The previous Reaver was obviously operating outside of this box because it was good at something.
  4. ItsJustDash

Yes there was a "fix" but all that "fix" did was make the offset a little less of the offset. It's still there and it haunts pilots who got used to the old offset. The new one it's wonky as hell, it's playable but it could have been done the right damn way instead of hey let's put a band aid on it.
  5. theholeyone

If it is the same fix as for tanks and turrets, all projectiles now originate from camera center. You see a wonky because the projectile graphic still originated from the gun, and joins the actual projectile path part way down. Jump in a spear turret and observe horizontal movement for the wonky. Jump in a mag to observe the projectile graphic happily clipping through ground because the actual projectile originated further up at the camera.
  6. Divinorium

yeah.... but how it's for other weapons? they take what % of the clip to kill the enemy?

If it take the same % of bullets to kill the enemy, in this case 81% of the clip, you aren't "winning" anything. you are just taking more problems in exchange for a false feeling of advantage because you hit "hard"
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Scale the model size up or down to compensate. Probably scale the reaver down to prevent loss of fidelity in the smaller mossie and scythe models. I'd enjoy flying my new mini-reaver.
    • Up x 2
  8. theholeyone

Damage per clip is what they normalised. I had thought they were also normalising time to dry, but apparently not.

So basically all ESF's now need a certain % of clip to kill another one, but some ESFs can spit out that % faster, and some ESFs are harder to hit than others, and some handle differently....
  9. Elbryan

You are correct! (From what I've understood.)

Now the ESF a2a noseguns need approximately the same % of their magazine to hit to get the kill on an enemy ESF.

Reaver's rotary used to have the edge in that department AND TTK.

Now Reaver's rotary 'only' has the fastest TTK, which is concidered the best perk as it rewards good accuracy. However for balance reasons, good accuracy isn't easy to achieve with the Reaver.

Scythe has the most accurate (fastest bullet speed and no bullet drop) gun and fast reload speed.

I'm unsure what the Mosquito rotary's strength is. I know the magazine size is bigger and rate of fire faster than the other 2 ESF guns but if the % of the mag needed to hit is the same as the others it doesn't really count as a strength. Does Mosquito's rotary get more damage per magazine than others, resulting in having to hit a smaller % of the mag for the kill? That'd make sense.
  10. Crestfallen

Good post!

This has been a similar experience for me on EU Cobalt. I'm not a master pilot, but I can hold my own, and as you say the Vortek can very well still compete, though I feel that engagement ranges do have to be minimal now to help make up for the severe lack of ammunition. Having 500 damage per round up close is nice, but I would have preferred they retained the previous stats with the 45 rounds per magazine, as the difference for me feels very noticeable.

With this in mind as an NC pilot you do have to account for the enemy position and lead far more I feel in the Reaver than other ESFs, as fighting on an angle or level terms the rounds going downrange don't necessarily land where your crosshair is aimed, though often I feel that comes down to hard fought experience at the end of the day for the pilot to instinctively achieve this. I do feel for the newer NC pilots as the disparity between the Mustang and Vortek is substantial, in terms of fire rates and round capacity at a base level.

Finally I would agree that it does feel that like on Waterson, on Cobalt there are very, very few ace NC pilots ( I can't actually name any in my head on that server and I've been on since the beginning of the year) and there seem to be less and less everyday. Perhaps that's also down to a lack of organisation (NC doesn't really have any and there are only really two serious NC outfits on the server) as their competition, the TR boast MOSY who are simply excellent while the VS maintain superior air squads that are simply not worth spawning an aircraft to fly against in the first place.
  11. Primarkka

Hey, if you intend to buff the reaver, you'll need to buff the other aircraft as well. Right now in a dogfight the reaver is still flat-out better with the far superior hover abilities.

No bias. I know because I play on all factions.
  12. Fire Works

[IMG][IMG]

Those pics Faint posted in the older thread show how painfully youll get punished in reaver.

In every dogfight where the front has the biggest impact, a mossie faces a target area that is 38% bigger, a scythe 69,6%. Hitting the scythe is harder due to its shape but it gets worse when think of the spread: Even an aimbot could not hit all bullets on a scythe in standard dogfight distance while a reaver or mossie would eat the whole clip.

In situations where "you get the jump on somebody" the mossie has the advange of the scythe above: You cant hit all bullets on target. The scythe has a central area that allows for good hitting, but still a good part of the hitbox is on its "wings"(?). In this situation once more the reaver presents the best target: Half bigger hitbox AND a shape that allows to hit every shot on target even from a good distance.
  13. IamDH

I play all 3 factions and the reaver is still the best

Stop asking for stuff like this.
    Might as well make it a 1faction game while we are at it
    • Up x 1
  14. Primarkka

Isn't it nice that the reaver has like twenty per cent faster hover speed? Combine that with the hover frame and you'll outmaneuver your combatant. Just look at what you have better even though you're so god damn biased.
    • Up x 1
  15. P4NJ

We ain't using shotguns here, actuall hitbox size doesn't matter, the shape does. Also, you can't expect someone to land shots on the tail fins of the Reaver or Mossie or the front pincers of the Scythe; the center mass is more important. So is the lenght of the craft (for leading at long distances), height from the front but tilted a bit forward (that's what I mostly see during hoverfights), and a few others.
  16. Fire Works

Ye sure we both know its easy to kill noobs. Its cool to dance around a lower skilled player in a reaver while letting nano repair work...

Now you show me that outmaneuvering on pro players that spend most of their time in ESFs. On Cobalt you can find them in MOSY where some NC pilots went instead of quitting the game at all. You can also find them in VS FOOL that camp your warpgate if not trying to improve their mossie skills as MOSY.

The best NC pilot quit recently.

I like your mindset of cherrishing what you have, but it doesnt cut it in some situations.
  17. Gary

Statistically impossible... The Vortek does more damage per round. Landing more rounds then the scythe would easily result in its death.
  18. Primarkka

Yeah, try playing on Miller against players such as Xale and OptimusBanana. They know how to use the reaver, they'll show you the power of playing correctly by the strenghts of what you take.
  19. Fire Works

Bring them over, id gladly see them perform in our air... Ill provide all the reavers they want.
  20. HellasVagabond

Guess what, it didn't.