As someone who plays medic 80% of the time.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by xylanth, Jul 24, 2013.

1. xylanth

This is what I think of when I run out in that open field, absolutely zero cover, between two zergs to revive that one guy who thought he could make it.

I get the revive off, hundreds of bullets flying at me, shields down. Start running back doing zigzags jumping side to side make it back to cover. Buddy accepts the revive only to keep running the "right" way. dies again.

Bad revive? No such thing.

I am the Combat Medic.
    • Up x 11
  2. BlackbookPS

Bad revives exist mate.

I was actively checking the BIO LABS satellite base for enemy activity, as we were stuck in the teleporter room.

I then noticed I was getting damaged and the enemy were rushing the room.

In my last dying breath I threw a REZ NADE.

On the map screen I got lots of points for revives, but ofcourse they were now revived into a pain field surrounded by NC MAXES.

Poor Ba......
    • Up x 2
  3. xylanth

Sounds like some bad accepts to me friend. ;)
    • Up x 2
  4. BlackbookPS

True, although I was confused with the situation myself, but I bet they were fuming.

Same as when I got run over by a friendly Tank to respawn, to be then ran over by a friendly Liberator of all things.
  5. Kociboss

Absolutely.
  6. gregfox89

Imo in situations like this, sometimes it's best for people who died behind enemy lines to become meat shields via res grenade so the enemy's attention will be taken off of their front line and allies can rush them. It never works that way. If you get get a bunch of people to suicide rush, die, have medics do a coordinated res grenade throw, and have a rush behind that, it would be devastating, but some people would hurt their k/d so I don't see it happening unless it was a really strict and coordinated outfit pulling that kind of strategy.
  7. HerpTheDerp

"Bad revive" doesn't exist now that revive removes death stat.

(they fixed it, right?)
  8. CharlieTwoZero

@ Combat medic

Always remember to clear out enemy`s before reviving.
    • Up x 1
  9. LectraWyraph

I agree that there's no such thing as a bad revive, just the key is to know when to stay alive, when to kill enemies, and when to revive. My favorite moments are perfect revive grenades into a group of fallen comrades during a heated battle. Also off subject but I'm now addicted to that music.
  10. KnightCole

Thayd y i yend to just respawn.

I dont trust player judgment
  11. KnightCole

Yes bad revivr do exidt. Cuz if u rez n die neway u still get the death.

Only smart cm will make use of that.
  12. Hoki

Being the only medic inside the new esamir fortress wall, we got this point, we got it. I'm reviving people.

Enemy comes around the corner, I take him out. Guy I just revived has no trigger discipline and kills me, doing 70% of the damage.

By the time I make it back to the point all our guys are dead and point is taken.

There are definitely bad revives.
    • Up x 6
  13. Arkos

People who TK their medics should be used as meat shields.
    • Up x 4
  14. MrK

I sometimes "bad revive" on purpose, to have more meatshield while I try clearing out the ennemy for a second wave of revive. The ennemy concentrated on the zombie I just brought back is not shooting at me.
    Ideally, I do this on friendly MAXes, they sustain fire for a longer time :)
    • Up x 3
  15. KnightCole

I usually ignore rezzes in areas i know there was just an enemy group. I love to get 3kills for the price if 2. The target, the medic and the same zombie target. Its great
  16. Erilis

A revive is a revive. There's a reason why the devs gave players a choice to accept the revive or not.
  17. 0ReferenceException

I don't really see a problem with "bad" and "good" revives. I also don't see any reason why you should ever not accept a revive from a medic... the only thing that could happen is for you to be killed again which is totally irrelevant since there is no penalty for dieing. KDR is irrelevant in a game like PS2 and you don't lose anything else when dieing. Might as well accept the revive and give me those certs. If it doesn't work after the 3rd or 4th revive then I guess you can release but otherwise I really don't understand all these people that whine about the "evil combat medics" that revived them under fire...
    • Up x 2
  18. Cemdan

There definitely is bad revives. I won't revive people if I know that they'll just be shot again by enemies outside my reach or power. I do always clear the area of any enemy presence I can deal with for a safe revival. I think it's selfish for medic to farm certs from a clueless guy who just keeps getting mowed down again and again, ad infinitum. There wouldn't be that much of a problem if the wounded could see his surroundings properly like in Enemy Territory. Patients can't tell if it's safe to accept, the medic has this knowledge. Also, I really wish I had the ability to drag patients to cover to revive them so that they can actually continue fighting. I pull off heroics like the original poster all the time, especially with outfit guys I can communicate with. Nothing more annoying though than risking yourself, especially if you're one of the only medics around, only to see the guy vanishing to redeployment. If the randoms actually listen to the proximity chat, there's a fair chance they'll survive the revival process. Sadly, they rarely listen to the chat nor heed to the Q call. I don't give a damn about ratios but you're just wasting both your and your patients time if you keep pointlessly reviving them. In more organised battles that's suicidial and for random playing that's just being mean.
    • Up x 1
  19. Vortok

They know where they died. We provide the rez, they decide what to do with it.
  20. Kyouki

Bad revives exist. Like when you know you your teamate will be shot before he has a chance to move. Those spawn kills add up to all my auraxium medals.