Hating the Liberators...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHDT65, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Wariamu

yeah if you play alone they're your worst enemy. But you should play with people then. And if you can't you should try to save up and invest in the AA turret for your tank. Then if you get attacked, you can switch to the turret and FIGHT BACK!

2. Vixxing

***** plz? Lib takes 2 skilled ppl to even operate... Libs are great floating targets roll TR if they bother you strikers + OP main tank guns that kill libs even when noobs use them...
  3. Dvine

[IMG]

A30 Walker secondary is an AA gun you could use..
    • Up x 1
  4. Boomotang

So what. There's zero options for an Infiltrator if they happen upon a tank. Not everything should have options against everything else.
    • Up x 2
  5. PLooschacK

Yeah sure... Just make sure you can tak down that Lib with first few shots, before flak bug kicks in...
    • Up x 1
  6. Bine

I would like to reply to this because this user has obviously never seen a lib fly around sideways circling the base. GL hitting that with a tank cannon. Moves too sporadically and too quickly. So they are not huge slow moving targets. ;D
  7. Sock

Yeah it's too bad there aren't other options like flak and lock-on missiles to hit them with!
  8. Pikachu

What bothers me about them is that only vanu uses them to anything close to good.
  9. Czuuk

Yes. That is correct. You cannot hide a land vehicle from one that flies very effectively. And in general, owning the skies gives you an advantage.

The game is epic combined arms.
  10. Progapanda

Actually one of the easiest shots on a lib since it'll be flying so low that you don't even need to go find an incline to get an angle on it. Lone tanks in flat open ground are easy pickings for a Dalton lib but that's pretty much the only thing it can do well right now. Any reasonably sized equal fight will have too much AA for libs to stick around for long and there isn't much a lib crew can do against decent ESF pilots. Sniping liberators with a tank really isn't that hard and AP vanguard will 2-shot any lib.
  11. Eclipson

I like running a skyguard, because Libs and ESFs fly in thinking they are going up against a lightning in the middle of no where, with not air support, that is pretty much defenseless, only to get a face full of flak.
  12. CNR4806

Ranger is more effective at deterring aircraft. Most people who fly will run like hell when getting bombarded with flak, they don't care if it's a really-deadly Skyguard or a paper tiger like a single Ranger.
  13. lilleAllan

Yeah, I know. But at least there's a slight chance that your gunner will actually get a few kills with the Walker.
    Ranger is good for deterrence, but not so much at killing imo
  14. Shoza Nakh

Since flak affected by no-damage bug most of time Walker looks much better really. Thinking about getting one for my Vanguard, but afraid my gunner will be bored to death with it.
    • Up x 2
  15. CNR4806

Well, at least the Walker does decent damage against ground targets if given the oppurtunity to shoot at them.

... But yeah, I've sat on a few AA-secondary tanks before. Really boring most of the time.
  16. Lafri

[IMG]

December 2012 called they want their tears back.
    • Up x 3
  17. Cougarbrit

Wut, TR has the best Lib pilots on Cobalt I think. There are probably more good VS libs than TR libs but TR are the only ones I see using them as effective A2A against ESFs. As for NC, uhhhh, there's one or two good lib pilots I guess? That Kaldrakos guy seems to have expanded his pilot's license to them so he's a great Reaver and Lib pilot now, almost killed me in my ESF last time I fought his Lib. He might have accomplished that a while ago though I rarely run into him in the air.

Maybe you don't see them much as they prefer killing VS though.
  18. Pikachu

I recognize that name! :eek: Sounds like the one who's harasser I was sitting in some days ago defending Hvar tech plant. Had furry on the roof.
  19. TheBillOf3D

Liberators seem OP when you are a small squad on the ground.
    They can feel hopelessly weak when you are in them.
    The smart pilots will find targets of opportunity and low risk. So it's a bad idea to be such a target.
    • Up x 1
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

AP Vanguard is the best anti-liberator weapon in the game now that Vulcan damage against air was nerfed. 2 hits to kill from full HP, extremely high velocity, and if you can use terrain to gain elevation on your turret, you can even use it on liberators that are near overhead.