This is just plain weird...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Jul 24, 2013.

1. The Crimson Overlord

Hey guys,

I was messing around today before the patch went up and it was standard fare for the first few minutes: pull an ESF, rush to a facility, get shot down by some bugger I can't even see, then spawn in the nearest facility and walk there.

However when I got there the place was really empty and almost silent. I checked the minimap and it said there were 48+ guys here. I go back to the game and there's nobody-except some /yell chat. I check the connection and I'm fine. I had 40-ish FPS and ping was minimal. So where was everyone?

I tried to ignore it and started capturing the point. This is where it gets really weird.

I walk in and my shields/health disappear, but I'm still alive, then I notice that theres this one player(?) standing near a doorway. A female Terran HA who was aiming down sights and standing totally still. I tried spotting and no tag came up-I didn't even get that *twang* sound when you spam Q at empty space. I let loose and the playermodel flinches like its being hit, but I didn't get a hitmarker and the gal didn't go down. Then I tried knifing it and I got a huge burst of lag, then it just disappeared. No body on the ground, no kill confirmation in the bottom of the screen.

Heres a pic I got while I was capping. I have a super amazing picture rendering software program (Steam screenshot taker :( ) so I hope you can see well.

[IMG]

Eventually I fall down like I'm dead and I decide that playing on this server was a useless venture, so I switch over to my NC character and tried to deck it out on Esamir.

This time everything was normal, an alert was up and everyone was rushing to capture a Bio Lab in order to make sure the Spandex Warriors didn't win. But when I got there things got really freaky really fast.

There was this one guy who was sliding around on the floor, on his feet. He had no nametag or triangle over his head and didn't show up on the scoreboard. He didn't even turn his torso when he was firing, he was just sliding around killing random people-even teamkilling in some cases. After killing the 4th or 5th teammate I go up to him and try to knife him- only to have my screen go black. I eventually had to restart my computer screen to bring the game back up and it says I've been disconnected from the server.

Are my game files corrupt? Am I lagging so badly that my ping can't tell me how laggy I am, or are these bugged/glitched players?

If it happens again I'll come back with an update.
  2. Sebyos

Just a normal in PS2 with the ****** servers SOE gave us.
  3. Oreo202

It appears that your client became desynced from the server. It happens sometimes. The sliding thing has been a bug for a while (forever) and is nothing to worry about. The black screen was probably just a result of your client crashing.
  4. kungflu

a regular-sized screenshot would be ideal for my eyes
  5. The Crimson Overlord

Yeah, sorry mate, thats Steam screenshot taker for ya. :(
  6. ManualReplica

Would be hilarious if that player was you, and you saw your own character lagging about.
  7. AnuErebus

Go to your steam library, right click on PS2 name > View Screenshots then look for the "Show on Disk" button. That'll take you to the full size screenshots. Upload those to Tumblr or some other image host and link them in the post.
  8. CrashB111

[IMG]
  9. WTSherman

Heh, one time I got killed and apparently the "you're dead now" packet got dropped, so I didn't go to the spawn screen and was still able to walk around. I don't know if anyone else was able to see me, but on my end I was walking around with no shields and no health, unable to take damage. I could still fire my gun, but it wouldn't do damage to anything and ammo wouldn't deplete when I reloaded.

I had to re-log to fix it.

So yeah, PS2 has quite a few strange bugs.