Alerts after GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Lady Majestica

Actually I rather like this idea. No xp without it being earned, rather than just awarding it to the winning faction.
  2. TeknoBug

Kind of a bummer for me, my avg playtime is about 40 minutes, I'm not staying logged in for an hour and half. Besides I often end up playing outside of alert events.

But this is one step into reducing 4th faction switchers in the last 10 minutes of alerts, which was an apparent problem on Mattherson for months.

The best solution is just straight up take out alerts, it wasn't a very good idea to begin with.
  3. Grimfalcon77

Great, now I can't quickly log in to the winning side before the alert ends and get the full EXP. This ruins everything.
    • Up x 2
  4. PhilDun

Which alerts? And under what population conditions?

Notice how I said that SOME type of Alerts are dependent on population.
  5. Eleo

I fail to understand the people that complain about this change because of "crashes", explain to me how that is any different from the previous system? The only difference is now you get a share proportional to your participation time and if the change is correctly introduced then we can hope that you get this share even if you are not logged when the alert ends, wich would fix the "crash and get nothing" issue people are complaining about.
  6. Zombekas

They should just make it so that it logs how much time was spent on the character during the alert and add the exp / certs afterwards, regardless if the player is online.
  7. Edenwolf

I just hope it stops players from switching sides within the last half hour or so.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyOne

How about this: As an alert is announced, lock out any faction switching to the empire with the superior population. On Matherson, an alert means "Everybody run and get your VS alt." I'm not exaggerating here. VS pop goes up by 15-20% before an alert starts and then declines by the same amount after it's over. Again, looking to PS1 for guidance, a 6 hour faction change timer might also help.
  9. leo4444

"Some Alerts are 99% dependent on population."
    I can ask you the same thing before giving fake stats like 99%, like you originally did. Honestly no alert is 99% dependent on population. A faction with more population can just ignore the alert like they sometimes do and lose. On monday we tied a tech plant alert with only 26% pop, yesterday we lost an alert because we ignored it. So alerts being 99% dependent on pop is wrong. VS sometimes lose alerts too even with all the 4th factioners that switch over. Like others said wait for the patch to release before raging.
  10. Bearcat

Also, this will not do much to stop the "4th faction". They'll just switch over immediately instead of waiting until the end of the alert, which for people like me is a change for the worse.
    • Up x 1
  11. PhilDun

Don't be stupid. Do you really think 99% was meant as an actual statistic? Even if so, the earlier qualifier "some" before it rendered it irrelevant.
  12. P4NJ

For everyone saying that i'm just whining because I won't get free xp, reread my post. They want to make only people who deserve xp get it, why not make everyone who deserves xp get their xp? I can't see any way how this would be bad...
  13. IamDH

This.

XP should be credited for the time spent in an alert (which shouldnt necessarily be consecutive)
    • Up x 1
  14. Ronin Oni

I've only crashed in this game a small handful of times....

the majority of which (about 5-6 of maybe 10 total since game launch) have all been in the last 10 minutes of an alert.

I support this thread. Give us XP for alert even if we're logged out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nocturnal7x

This is not a good change. They should have made it so this is only the case if you switch characters.
  16. leo4444

Now you're insulting me because I called you out? In the future make sure you get your information right before making stuff up, so you don't just sound whinny. Anyways back on topic, there should be a grace period for people that crash but the alert experience should be awarded at the end because that's how everything is in planetside and a lot of other games too. Even in battlefield you don't get xp for a victory if you leave the battle early and in planetside you get xp while the alert is going on by getting kills, healing, etc.
  17. cfnz

I'm in a similar position. Alerts have been a driving force for me to play especially as a solo player that generally only plays for 30-60 minutes at a time. It's definitely been a cushy XP earner and this isn't necessarily a bad change, but it will definitely devalue alerts as a reason to play for me at least.
  18. theholeyone

Yeh I think this is more likely to happen instead of it fixing the problem. Currently gameplay isn't affected that much as people swap before the win, once it is basically a forgone conclusion. But now, they have to swap at the start to get the full xp, once they start all figuring the same answer as to who will win, their numbers will simply ensure that it happens because they swap at the start, not the end.

The only solution to people earning certs through detrimental steamrolling gameplay is to lower the cert income from that style of gameplay, or raise it for the other styles.
    On briggs the alerts have been a bit better lately, often with multifaction participation of similar numbers. I predict it will go back to the steamrolling one faction plays them quickly and is ignored by the other two shortly.
    • Up x 1
  19. Lazaruz

The only thing that bothers me is the definition of "participation in the alert". But I guess we'll find out soon enough...

I hope that the continental lattice will be implemented sooner rather than later, because then we can get rid of these alerts entirely.
  20. P4NJ

Yup, for example if the underpop bonus was increased and perhaps the alert bonus scaled with it?

So an underpoped faction coukd get some serious extra xp, perhaps even double of normal.