Scout Radar Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

Ok, so now that we have to sit on our flash to keep the radar working, will we get XP for kills people make?
    It is going to be really boring just sitting their on a flash to keep the radar working...

This is another cert line that I am going to have to get my certs back for in October, thanks for the "improvement".
    • Up x 26
  2. Tommyp2006

Agreed, will not put certs into flash radar anymore, and I almost bought max level yesterday.
    • Up x 3
  3. Haruk

Looks like I'm getting a fury. That'll keep the fun alive.
    • Up x 1
  4. Spoprockel

You could also get a Fury and drive around the base/battlefield to deal with the minimap blips you pick up.

As comfortable as an easy to hide disposable 5-minute radar was, it was bound to get nerfed one way or another i guess.

Movement detection XP would indeed be in order.

Since they changed all radars to work like the infiltrator darts we might get lucky in that regard.
    • Up x 1
  5. FLHuk

Yeah it seems really stupid that a guy who thinks of his TEAM in a TEAM game has to then sacrifice his game time in order to feed intel to his TEAM!

I perma run scout radar, not anymore. Another Higby hint that it's all about farming and not about TEAMWORK ;)
    • Up x 9
  6. MasonSTL

Is this live, or in test, or in the road map? Make sure that you site it so that we know where its coming from and that you aren't making an unnecessary stink about it.
  7. LibertyRevolution

This is in the patch notes for the update that goes live in 5 hours from now...
    • Up x 1
  8. Astraka

It was pretty dumb that a 100 cert vehicle could effectively mimic the support tool of a class already low on support options. It would be as if the Flash had an area wide auto-resupply or healing effect cert. I don't think it needed to be buffed to be exactly like the Recon Dart, but having to have a person actually be on the vehicle seems a fair enough trade.
    • Up x 5
  9. Badname707

One guy pulling a flash isn't really teamwork, at least no moreso than shooting an enemy, or C4ing a tank. The way the flash radars were being used was cheesy. There was hardly a reason NOT to pull one, and 'seek the flash' isn't a game that's fun or is played. If SOE really wanted people to be shown on the minimap at all times, they probably would have just designed the game that way.

And I find your farming comment quite strange. How does taking away a permanent radar encourage farming?
    • Up x 1
  10. Stealth1

No more parking a Radar ESF inside AMP stations either I suppose.

Funny to think at one stage the Flash was my most certed vehicle. Then they released Wraith and its been continual nerf ever since.
    • Up x 3
  11. CrashB111

Because what amounted to a built in wallhack for the game was totally legit right?
    • Up x 3
  12. illgot

This basically ruins infiltrators.

You can now ride around in your Flash with 100m scout radar revealing every cloaked infiltrator... yay.
  13. Phazaar

I do think some XP ought to be in order... Radar Flash and everyones gripes about it aside, taking Scout Radar on an ESF (especially if you're not TR -_- ) is like begging to spend 9/10ths of your time repairing and boosting back to warpgate. It almost necessitates not running rocket pods so you have the extra running ability to lose the lock ons. It -is- a sacrifice in order to help my boys on the ground out (especially as it doesn't help vs air as everyone's running stealth ;) ), and some XP really ought to follow naturally.

That said... Please don't make it individually tick like XP from Sundy spawns... That would irritate me beyond belief during a dogfight if it was like +2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp+2xp because of a large battle below...
    • Up x 3
  14. Phazaar

Also, reason for it revealing cloaked infiltrators is simple - didn't you see the implant coming that stops you from being detected by radar? Duuuuuh.
    • Up x 6
  15. Spoprockel

It was used to hunt infiltrators down before. 12 seconds of cloak didn't protect you from a dedicated infiltrator hunter on a SR flash.

Now at least they have to stay at the flash instead of parking it inside a base and waiting for your 12 seconds of cloak to run out as you approach.
    • Up x 2
  16. Haruk

Yes, there is no teamwork in Planetside 2, only Zool.

Awesome. It was awesome.

Pulling a radar flash was always a good idea. I played seek the flash, and I thought it was fun. Yay points!

But they did design it that way, cause flash radar exists.

Fury?
    • Up x 1
  17. siddar

Just remove scout radar from the game if you do this.

Only platoons will have spare people willing to sit in a flash 24/7. Those sized forces shouldn't be the only ones able to access scout radars. Scout radars are simply to powerful to only be available to largest forces.

If you go forward with this change you will be making the strong stronger while making others weaker. You also are creating a horrible drudge position that no one will want to do. That being sitting on a flash 24 seven in a hidden location.

No you wont drive around looking foe enemies to shoot because you will put a huge game changing advantage for your side at risk by doing so. You will sit and hide away from battle and if you see enemy dots on mini map getting close to you then you will drive away and hide somewhere else. Does that sound like a fun job to anyone?

So ether leave them as is are just remove them. A scout radar is a game changer it ether needs to be available to all sized forces and just a expected item that bothsides need to bring to a battle are it needs to be removed. Scout radars as a rare item only used by large forces to steamroll smaller and less organized forces is a huge mistake.

This game has a huge turnover and majority of players seem to be below BR 20 further tilting game more then it already is towards large outfits simply ignores the intensely casual nature of this games player base.
    • Up x 5
  18. Astraka

Radar is readily available to all sized forces in the form of the Infiltrator class.
    • Up x 3
  19. theholeyone

Does it have to be the drivers seat? Reckon in a lot of situations finding a nice corner to park in would be ok if you can fire out the back of rumble seat.
    • Up x 1
  20. Spoprockel

Why would anyone just hide with his SR flash with the change?

Put a Fury on it, wait inside a building containing a cap point, and point the Fury at the stairs/doorway.

Nuke the first few unexpecting enemies that show up and relocate. You'll know they're coming, they won't expect you.

Hell, just drive around the base and nuke enemies with it.

If before you just hid it somewhere, certed with nothing but max SR, now you'll have to adapt.

Arm it, cert it, get the chassis of your likings, and go out there to kill!