Referral program did not work $20 wasted

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinMachine, Jul 18, 2013.

1. 660/12

$20 for camo that exists only in a game? That is only visible within 20m>?
  2. KlyptoK

Yeah.... I'm not paying $200 for a mostly better looking re-skin of my main cannon.

But it would be awesome considering hardly anyone else would have it.
    • Up x 1
  3. DeathTollDavid

The way I read the FAQ is that the person you recruit must "spend" $10 (US) before they count as a recruit. Maybe thats the problem? Just adding the $10 to their account wasnt enough. Looks like it needs to be spent.
  4. notyourbuddy

Only another 8 dummy accounts and $80 more to go! You can do it!

(SOE your recruitment strategy is a scam. It won't bring in new people it will just flood your database with dummy accounts nothing more. And you should feel bad for taking advantage of obsessive compulsive disorders like this. Shame on you. Shame.)
    • Up x 3
  5. TheStink

You can be sure these recruit carrots being dangled will come for everybody in a few months time. There's no way these weapons & camos will remain exclusive to this event.
  6. itzCujo666

To see what happened, I created 1 dummy account and loaded the qualifying amount of SC on to it. I also logged in and ran around for a little.

The account received the free gift in game (which was a Flare, not a SVA88 as stated, incidentally), but the tracker on the real account doesn't indicate it as a recruited account. It shows they accepted the invitation, but are not yet recruited.

It's not yet 24 hours, but getting close.

So, looks like dummy account method may not work. Does anyone else have different experience?
  7. Souleater

• Up x 1
  8. HellasVagabond

The point of the system is to bring new PLAYERS in who will spend MONEY in the long run.....Not to bring in dummy accounts to get a few bucks now and NADA in the future.....
    Lets not mistake things :)
  9. Souleater

I will also be interested to see if you get everything at a particular tier or just to pick one item.

"... you’ll get a choice of Recruiter rewards..." linky

Is that a choice of which game or a selection from the items you have unlocked?
  10. Cobsy

This thing IS flawed, I have made two dummy accounts now. One from e-mail invite, and one from "Social media" invite, the social media one doesn't even show that the invite has been activated, and the email one is just stuck at "playing"
    They would make more money SELLING these items in the store than trying to get more people, I would buy these items in the store, but NOOOO.. make it hard for us who already have ALL friends playing the game already, GG SOE, GG!
    • Up x 1
  11. PLooschacK

Where can I find the list of rewards?

On the other hand, maybe I don't want to see it. Introducing Recruit-A-Friend so long after game release is such a BS idea, cosidering how many players already brought their friends to PS2...
    • Up x 1
  12. WaRadius

I have no more friends left, who would even try it.
    Testing dummy accounts. Invitation status is 'PENDING RECRUITED' at the moment.
    Another problem is that you can't create many account from one PC/IP on the same day, so I'll have to use several IPs.
  13. Cl1mh4224rd

14. GSZenith

aww cute mouse :( where is it from?
  15. Nocturnal7x

This is fail. You are giving these idiots way more money than they deserve.
  16. LowTechKiller

I'm not sure. I just searched the Internets for facepalm pics...lol
  17. Harbinger

I don't understand how people are falling for this scheme, giving 250 dollars for a cosmetic.
    • Up x 1
  18. Codeak

yeah well maybe you need to spend TWENTY MORE DOLLARS
  19. Duvenel

FTFY ;)
  20. MrIDoK

Mine were not dummy accounts, but the same thing is happening. I gifted 2 accounts to 2 friends, both are playing and have the qualifying amount of SC, but neither shows as recruited. And they only got the LMG for their first character, which sucks as they wanted to try the other factions. Already opened a ticket and as 24 hours passed i'm waiting an answer on this subject. :)