Referral program did not work $20 wasted

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinMachine, Jul 18, 2013.

1. SinMachine

Long story short, dummy accounts, $20, no recruiter rank progression made

EDIT #1
    Bash me all you want, but I just freaking wanted that Recon camo, since it was the only way I could get my hands on it, I went for it.

EDIT #2
    Oh in that case let me wait
  2. Lazaruz

"Recruitment Rewards become available whenever any of your invited friends become an official Recruit. This happens within 24 hours after they spend a qualifying amount and payments have settled"
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

This system is really bringing out the rage-induced idiocy in people...
    • Up x 11
  4. ih8Darian2

Pixelate camo comes from 2 recruits, Recon camo comes from 10.
    • Up x 2
  5. PieBringer

I'm just waiting for another rare Higby post.
  6. Tobax

The system wins again, some people will go at any lengths to give SOE money lol :p

To be fair why fix it? it's just getting them more money.
    • Up x 2
  7. SinMachine

Yup, I know
    Good thing I only tried this out with 2 accounts

Lets see if nothing happens in 24 hours
    That $20 will be last one SOE gets from me
  8. KenDelta

Uh!! on the your other accounts , DO NOT USE THAT SC , keep it till they introduce the gifting system in acouple of months!! 20bucks you're gonna find somethin intresting to buy.
  9. Tommyp2006

plz tell me it traces IP and knows when you're trying to trick the system
    • Up x 3
  10. Kevorkian

Why would that matter? The point of the referral system is money. They've had recruit-a-friend rewards in games like EQ2 for years, and have allowed people recruiting alt accounts for unique rewards, because it generated them a TON of cash.
    • Up x 6
  11. Phrygen

"you better not play any tricks and pay us hundreds of dollars"
    • Up x 10
  12. TheFullCologne

hmmm so all my friends who i got in the game 5 months ago and spent money dont count...? :(
    • Up x 1
  13. LowTechKiller

[IMG]
    http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://2.bp.************/-c1X9-H1LuJA/TdBEGvo9BpI/AAAAAAAABg4/jN2ng54dY9M/s1600/its-time-to-stop-posting-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg&size=400x1000
    • Up x 1
  14. ROMNEYTRON

Say your main is NC, and you just buy a whole bunch of guns for NC on your ALTS. Would that still count? You're basically just buying what you need whilst getting the "referral credit".
  15. Total_Overkill

If you are the type to make 10 dumby accounts and spend $10 in each one for just a single set of reward camo... then No, it wont be the last SOE gets from you. There will always be something for the obsessive compulsive consumer in you >.>
  16. Cab00se187

Hmmm, Friend referral, not dummy account referral.

Working as intended
  17. S0LAR15

I can't advise strongly enough against this guys. Imagine how nuts you'll go if they ever removed it from you/banned your acc.
  18. itzCujo666

Have you received your items yet? Curios to see how this goes... you know... just for the sake of curiosity and all... ;)
  19. DeathTollDavid

IP shouldn't matter. I referred my son, we are on the same home network so our IP's would match. He is a real player who only tried the game because I referred him.
  20. jihon83

It sounds like a Planetside addiction. Another young man has succumbed to his hunger for auraxium.