Vanu on Cobalt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Cromell

Vanu on Cobalt are a nightmare. I've repeatedly seen them reaching 40% during a prime time. At night it is even worse, but I don't play during the night much.

It is getting to the point of not being fun. Sometimes it's cool to fight while being outnumbered, but it keeps happening day after day. Most alerts are won by Vanu, thanks to their numbers (I'd say the quality of organisation is similar to that of TR) and it's becoming really irritating. We're getting lucky when we manage to score a draw. This has three major consequences: VS grabs all alert rewards, which means they can progress faster than other two factions. Secondly, 4th faction people jump to vanu side to grab rewards, thus decreasing even further populations of NC and TR. Last but not least, people are getting tired of fighting Vanu everywhere they look, and they either change the faction, or the server.

There's a lot of people complaining about VS equipment being OP, but for me, that's not the case: the only problem with them are the numbers they have on Cobalt. This is not good.
  2. CruelStriker

This thread is amazing.

Merely by the fact that every VS im with tends to die by my shenanigans...
  3. tastyBerryPunch

Have you considered joing TR or NC then?:)
  4. Larolyn

Trying to learn the reverse thrust manevour in VR. It did not go so well....
  5. CruelStriker

But then I dont get to hear the rageing and sighing of dissapointment from my teammates...
  6. Voiidd

Yea the VS nightshift is a real pain. Basically means that if you happen to login after prime time or in the morning hours as anything other then VS you're scrwed.
    On the other hand seeing a new NC outfit tag every time I login isn't much help either. Perhaps lore-wise with being free, rebels and stuff might work but gameplay-wise it's a nightmare, zerglings everywhere.
    Also writing on the command channel most times seems like a waste of effort.
    Some days ago during alert on esamir about tech planets we were defending one for almost an hour while being outnumbered by the VS and running from repairing generators to reflipping A and repairing or saving the ocasional SCU. All the while asking for reinforcements in command and being merrily ignored.
  7. AxGX

Well here I am, my first post in Forumside2.
    Normally I'm careless what's happening here, but the amount of lies in this thread is just beyond me.

Crestfallen or should I say Crestfall? You went all trouble YESTERDAY to create a forum profile for your ALT NC character which is on MILLER just for this thread. You go claim you know inside-out how NC works on Cobalt yet you know nothing about it. I hope you got a good explanation who you're trying to trick and why becouse I'm not fond of such actions, more so if you're biased on fighting NC most of the time. So do me a favour and stop glorifing the VS on Cobalt.

On the population issue:
    We've got too many casual players on NC side that's true, and many of our better players just left due to lags, performance issues and mainly couse of VS on our server.
    Each day goes the same. Underpopulated TR doesn't want to fight VS couse of population imbalance, they go fight with NC where they can enjoy fightining. NC does not like fighting VS couse it's just annoying to deal with all this VS zerg all the time and ZOE maxes that plague the biolabs during alerts. All this results in TR/NC fun fights where we lose the alerts to Vanu obviously.

Nccwarp9:
    Funny thing you brought this "alliance" thing couse there is no such thing. We had a fun ops long ago together from which this pic came from
    And concerning the crown even where "supposedly" didn't even participate. Just to let you know we all agreed on Galaxy fight with just pilots and when we had arrived we see 20 fully crewed AA galaxies. 10 Zepher Liberators and 20 Scythes flying around the crown. You expect to see NC galaxies on the crown? They all got decimated before they arrived! At this point 50% of our guys that were online just left, couse why bother playing with someone that doesn't uphold the rules?

Just my own two cents to this whole case. VS overpopulation is not only the case on Cobalt, it's on other servers as well.
  8. Selerox

An NC player complaining about MAXes in Biolabs is so funny it's almost unreal.

Also, I still don't get why an NC player is complaining about overpopulation of any faction when NC are the most populated faction on primetime on Cobalt. The VS nightshift isn't part of the equation for primetime, so forget about them. Primetime is when it matters.

If you're a VS on Cobalt - you have no right to complain about population.
    If you're an NC on Cobalt - you have no right to complain about population.
    If you're a TR on Cobalt - you absolutely have the right to complain about population.

The fact NC gets beaten time and time again has nothing to do with population. It's because as a faction NC is inferior to both VS and TR.

That is the sole reason.
    • Up x 1
  9. AxGX

Which part of that sentance you didn't understand? I said during alerts I've got no problem with the outside of them.

I'll leave the ZOE argument alone couse it's pointless anyway it's an unbalanced skill in many ways.

EDIT: And wow a VS player that actually says NC are inferior to TR/VS you're a first and one of a kind then (in good kind at least).
    But if you're trying to say all NCs are "bad players" in terms of skill then there is something wrong with you.

And to make it clear i don't complain about VS population during primetime. I'm annoyed just like Larolyn about their overpopulation during late nights.
  10. Matlock0

Best part about this thread is nccwarp9' posting a picture about that NC/TR event like 4 months ago then coming to the conclusion that NC and TR are having an alliance :p

"you see, here is TR and NC in a picture not on each other's throats. Alliance confirmed"
    • Up x 3
  11. S0LAR15

Firstly, during the day NC has a slight pop advantage. And for those who don't know EPIC = OWND's name.

Secondly, at night we should just get people to focus on fights. If everyone grouped for a fight at a good base it would be more fun for everyone involved, it it was three way then pop advantage wouldn't be so big a a factor.

Thirdly, it is pretty much acknowledged by many high level NC, that the NC on Cobalt, as a whole are disorganized/lacking leadership. This isn't necessarily glorifying VS, but it is true.

Well you, and KAIN, most of the time are in the right place strategically. This is probably why you bump into me a lot. You're not bad, and you'll improve more from fighting tough opponents.

Once the incoming striker nerfs hit, I'd wager huge sums that FOOL will only focus on killing TR, in payment for months of striker use. I can't say I blame them, hell i might take a break from leading & spec ops infantry to join them.

I have an NC alt on cobalt now, which I will likely use as my next acc to level up. Seeing as TR just have way too much cheesey BS in their kit. If the Reapers have the most active members which could also and to improve the most, and they are badly lead, it should be fairly easy to lead a few of their platoons and mold them from cookie dough into stone. But if like kheebab says, that no one absorbs or learns better ways, then it could prove difficult.

The crown event was simply that NC forgot.Pure and simple, which is fine. But.

The rules about the galaxy fight.

Plus you were there about 20 mins late/we didn't think you were coming, explains why there was so much else there. The lack of any attempt at the 3 way infantry/combined arms fight at the crown meant the TR just got dominated, but they tried, to their credit.

You are a good infantry player Puc, good all rounder too. But I don't fight you as infantry that much anymore, you've been hiding away in vehicles and other places. We need arrange a knife duel sometime.
  12. Crestfallen

No, Crestfallen is correct, and no, neither of those accounts that you've linked are mine. My forumside name isn't the same as the one I game with, I'm happy to not have someone try and throw statistics in my face. I created this account yesterday to specifically reply to this thread - because it was actually a nice change to be able to discuss some of the shortcomings on the server that I'm a regular on, something that doesn't seem to happen here very often. You don't need to jump to wild assumptions or rudeness, my main is a level 79 NC who has been on the cobalt server since the beginning of the year.

Anyway, in response to your post, there's no trickery, there's not lies I'm trying to propagate, but what I am doing is saying it as I see it. Also, I find it odd that you seem to note its just myself who has given praise to the VS on Cobalt, reference the post of McToast, which is actually quite insightful in itself as to why that empire is so successful.

I'm also not entirely sure as to what I know 'nothing' about, as in your post you didn't actually point out what I said that was incorrect? I've pointed out that we are very unorganized as an empire, I've also pointed out that both the TR and VS are better in this regard, something backed up by multiple users in the thread too. Maybe you can let me know what I said that made you so unhappy?

Oh, and if it helps you to believe I actually play on Cobalt, NC just drew with VS on Amerish in an territory alert that just ended.

EDIT: Probably best to add territory controlled was TR: 12% NC: 44% VS: 44%
  13. AxGX

Then please "link" me your players page, I find it weird you're not using your main account. Nevermind I think I'll step down from this discussion gives me a headache.

Also Solar, while you're right about the galaxy rule in the event, we were told and TR side as well that it was solo galaxy event. To be honest I still found it unfair to have 10 liberators and 20+ scythes flying around :p
  14. Meliorist

I may curse the vanu population numbers sometimes, but never as much I do the lack of good nc players. The average nc on cobalt is horrible and completely unwilling of teamwork.
  15. Crestfallen

Ok, fair enough, I actually don't use my main account name as I do like to enjoy some anonymity between the forums and the game itself, hence why its different. Look if this has annoyed you then accept my apologies, I can assure you that the reason I'm posting here is because I love the NC on Cobalt and I want it to be able to succeed, it's just more often than not its a real struggle for them to make any headway at all.
  16. tastyBerryPunch

Ah there's the flaming and conspiracy theories.

I was online one night last week and saw the main problem with the vanu nightshift. It was around 2 or 3am and pops were around 25% TR, 25% NC and 50% VS. NC held a cutoff Feldspar Canyon base and it was a nice even fight with around 2 or 3 squads per side and this was the only worthwile fight on the whole server. Meanwhile Vanu are ghostcapping north Indar. Then once they had enough ghostcapping and wanted a fight, they rolled in. More than a full platoon of Vanu quickyl captured the base from the NC and they wanted to defend it next.
    Now here comes the problem. I looked at the pop at the base. 70% Vanu and being a tower base that makes the base realistically impossible to take. Then I looked at the rest of the map. Mostly empty, except on the NC border, but even there I only found 1-12 enemies in a territory and that counted both VS and NC, who were just there having small ghotscap battles. So the problem is you have a great majority of nightime Vanu pop camped out near TR WG and the you outnumber the TR almost 2 to 1. I'm sure they also go to the NC side if the map, when they get tired of it. But the problem is you have this Vanu pop moving in a single large zerg that outnumbers the TR and NC and only focusing on 1 faction at a time. I've been told S0LAR15 that you sometimes lead platoons during the night, so why don't you spread your forces evenly against both TR and NC? That way you could at least get 2 decent fights during the night. Or do you guys enjoy rolling into a base getting 1 or 2 kills then camp the spawn room, while a couple of TR or NC are trying to kill you from it.

Well if the NC pitches in and gives me 10000SC, I'll join their ranks when I reach BR100 on my TR character.:p
  17. Shurrikken

No, no you got it all wrong berry. They said they need more GOOD players ;)

:eek::eek:
  18. S0LAR15

I don't lead platoons at night. I may be the platoon leader occasionally at night, but it's just chat and banter, and everyone all over the place.

If I'm on at night I just look for the hex with most enemies and go there, solo if needs be, even if we have no adjacency, even if it's miles from our territory. At night I might start my NC char up more since there will be plenty to kill.
  19. tastyBerryPunch

So I guess we won't be joining them together and it will just be me?:eek:

Do you guys have anykind coordination at night? It would be better for all sides if the VS would position their troops evenly against both TR and NC instead of most of them moving in 1 large group, then maybe we could get some good fights going at night.
  20. Syphix

Ah he is that guy pretty high up on my killboard :p admittedly he is also quite high on my death board but that's beside the point lol

NC are ridiculously hard to control. Even when they are just randoms in our platoon (Jesters), most of the time they need to be kicked since they don't follow orders. The only time I have seen NC do well is on proper organised cooperative events where all the major outfits of NC worked together towards one goal.

The main issue with NC on cobalt is there are too many outfits, as opposed to TR and VS where they are just a handful of giant outfits. Its incredibly easy to organise numbers if they are all in the same outfit, not so if they are all in their own <10man outfits. I do have to agree with the base of this post that there is a lot of VS pop after a certain time, it only leads me to believe there are a lot of American players that have come over to EU servers (tired of getting owned by NC and TR on American servers?) I used to enjoy playing later at night; now I find something else to do because I can't do much when its 1v10.